COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
The Elyrian Calendar

The Elyrian Calendar!

For those of you that want the details without the read, just scroll down and check out the pic.

For awhile now the complete Elyrian Calendar has been somewhat of speculation, or simply incomplete. I am here to give you the entire calendar of 1 full Elyrian Year.

Let me emphasize this.

The Entire Calendar!

I will spell out everything. Number of days, and their names. Number of weeks both in a month and a year. Number of Months in a year, and their names. I will provide you all of it spelling it out in it's entirety for you with utmost clearance and accuracy. Sources will be at the end of the post to keep it clean-ish.

Without further Ado.

Year

• An Elyrian year is equal to 1 real life week.
  • Elyrian years have events that unfold in a 52 year cycle.

Month

There are 6 Elyrian Months in one Elyrian year. In order they are:

1. Angelan
  2. Deami
  3. Ocei
  4. Terrara
  5. Monarn
  6. Lunai

Week

• There are 2 Weeks per Elyrian Month.
  • There are 12 Weeks per Elyrian Year.

Day

• There are 5 days in an Elyrian Week.
  • There are 10 days in an Elyrian Month.
  • There are 60 days in an Elyrian Year.
  • An Elyrian day is approximately 2.8 hours.

The Days of the week are named as follows.

1. Auror
  2. Neera
  3. Merida
  4. Qinder,
  5. E'er

Format

There are a couple different examples of how to write out the date, but it is still Day/Month/Year format.

Day of the week, day of the month, month, year.
Example: Qinder, 09 Daemi 707

Day of the month, month (by number), year.
Example: 4/1/707

What does this mean?

Frankly, this means I can create an example of an Elyrian Calendar, which I did, in 2 formats no less!

As you can see, these are both based on 1 Elyrian year. It gives you what days there are, and it gives you the day's correlation to the day and hour of the week! Don't be surprised though due to seasonal ebbs and such if there are slight variances on daylight and 6 am game time doesn't always mean sunrise. Much like real life.

Please note, as this has come up a few times now, the one thing we cannot pin down is the start time and date for the Elyrian year. It may be that the first of Angelan starts at midnight on Monday, or even noon PST on Thursday. At this time it is the one thing I haven't seen nailed down.

Steal my calendar!

That is right take them, add to them, do as you will. Take the dates and info and make your own. This has been my effort to clarify and solidify something that I haven't seen solidly pinned down yet.

Please just don't circulate false versions of this! Let us finally clear the air on the Elyrian Calendar as it stands today.

And now, a word from our Sources!

Name of the Months Source

Name of Days of the Week Source

12/22/2018 11:11:09 PM #1

Calendars from the community!

This one is being reserved to show off any variants on this calendar that the community members create and share with me in this thread.

My contribution to the less black and white versions!

Shared by Stormbreaker, original creator VictoriaRachel. The Calendar below has the day of the Elyrian year starting at midnight on Monday.

Also!

If I find time, or another community member beats me to it, I plan to create a Calendar based on the 52 year cycle that includes Sedecims, Holidays, and all Once in a Lifetime Events.

Edit: Decided that not enough things were nailed down for me to make a 52 year cycle calendar just yet. At least not to my standards. Still the spot where it will eventually go, but it is on the backburner for myself for now.

12/22/2018 11:23:35 PM #2

Nice, nice!

Blaah

12/22/2018 11:31:37 PM #3

Very well done!

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

12/23/2018 12:08:22 AM #4

Thank you both! Stumbled into all the info I needed while piecing together some other stuff, and figured I had to make use of it :P

12/23/2018 12:15:53 AM #5

Nice work Labbe!

Friend Code: 7E832E

12/23/2018 1:27:50 AM #6

Thanks for posting this! :)

12/23/2018 2:53:45 AM #7

https://discord.gg/94nakDA

12/23/2018 3:03:05 AM #8

Thank you all for your support.

It was my desire to offer this information for the good of everyone, and I appreciate all the good will!

Now we just need someone to make a prettier version than mine. Really give it that appeal :P

12/23/2018 3:22:54 AM #9

Function over form. I like it!

12/23/2018 4:10:24 AM #10

Great work Labbe!

Makes me realize it's a while since we've had an update on the seasons, but if they haven't changed those plans it might be worth noting in relevance to this that the seasons will cycle over two Elyrian years (or two IRL weeks).

More specifically one season will last for an average of 4 days, though may at times vary from 2 to 8 days (IRL days). Astronomers will be able to predict when a season will be shorter or longer. Though across a normal cycle this should mean we'll have one spring and summer week, followed by an autumn and winter week (IRL weeks). Except the last two Elyrian years of the 52 year cycle, which will essentially be one long season of the longest dark.

12/23/2018 4:17:27 AM #11

Posted By Soliloquy at 7:22 PM - Sat Dec 22 2018

Function over form. I like it!

Usually my standard. Function first, Appearance second... or in this case never, lol.

Posted By ShadowTani at 8:10 PM - Sat Dec 22 2018

Great work Labbe!

Makes me realize it's a while since we've had an update on the seasons, but if they haven't changed those plans it might be worth noting in relevance to this that the seasons will cycle over two Elyrian years (or two IRL weeks).

Greatly appreciate the support and the info ShadowTani.

Little nuance things like this are why the 52 year cycle didn't end up in my original post, but got put off a tad. Exactly the kind of stuff I want it to include!

12/23/2018 6:30:38 AM #12

Very nice Labbe. Please feel free to add all referenced info to the corresponding Official Wiki page (in case still missing) and/or pimp its layout in order to improve its usability for all. Thank you.

12/23/2018 6:33:14 AM #13

Wow! Hell yeah.

12/23/2018 3:19:43 PM #14

Always appreciate waking up to some overnight OCE and EU support :D

And I for one don't mess with the Wiki page, but people are more than welcome to steal anything from this thread and post it on there.

My one thing is, until we confirm that the week starts on Sunday, and not Monday or something else, I may or may not have to change that Index version of the calendar, and just shuffle the days around.

12/23/2018 4:16:41 PM #15

Very much appreciated c:

"To some, stars are merely pinpricks of light in the night sky; yet for the seasoned traveler they are the cairns of the galaxy, a web of shimmering pathways that guides a wayfarer wherever they wish to go." ✧*˚‧ Navi Eunoia of House Vitale