COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Learn to read >:(

So im going to try something new with my posts. From now on I will start with the questions that the post wants answered and in a seperate post i will add context to why i want to discuss the topic. This topic is regarding the scribing skill and its uses. Question 1. What do you think you can do with the scribing skill in your profession. Question 2. What are some creative ideas for what else the scribing skill could be used for. Question 3. Please say a negative opinion that you have about my posts. Positive if you feel like being nice @love hajimesaito

The nicest pig in the world and a little cute.

2/7/2019 6:58:03 PM #1

The context i want to lay out is that scribing can be used for many things which include map making. The scribing skill can also be used for writing down your recipes patents and building techniques(i think). The scribing skill can also make contracts and has many possible uses which helps more than hurt. If you joined this post with the intent to actually read write and have fun, heres a bonus question. Do you think learning the scribing skill no matter your profession is worth the time to educate the masses or nah?

2/7/2019 7:38:42 PM #2

Posted By Thecutepig at 10:55 AM - Thu Feb 07 2019

So im going to try something new with my posts. From now on I will start with the questions that the post wants answered and in a seperate post i will add context to why i want to discuss the topic.

Posted By Sagan at 4:39 PM - Wed Feb 06 2019

Its a concerted effort to increase post count. I hope I'm not the only one catching onto this.

This is absolutely comical.

^^^This

You know, you could just use these neat things called "Paragraphs."

2/7/2019 8:14:20 PM #3

It also ends up creating spam which would end up possibly getting your posts deleted when they could just be one post

2/7/2019 8:28:59 PM #4

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 12:14 PM - Thu Feb 07 2019

It also ends up creating spam which would end up possibly getting your posts deleted when they could just be one post

Posting in ones own thread is not "spam" by any stretch of the imagination. Is the content low-effort? Maybe. Is it "spam"? Not in any meaningful sense.

Here is the forum Code of Conduct regarding "spam":

5 Spam: Do not spam the forums by reposting a comment multiple times within a single thread. Furthermore, do not spam the forums with comments comprising a single word or link.

2/7/2019 11:01:58 PM #5

Posted By Thecutepig at

So im going to try something new with my posts. From now on I will start with the questions that the post wants answered and in a seperate post i will add context to why i want to discuss the topic. This topic is regarding the scribing skill and its uses. Question 1. What do you think you can do with the scribing skill in your profession. Question 2. What are some creative ideas for what else the scribing skill could be used for. Question 3. Please say a negative opinion that you have about my posts. Positive if you feel like being nice @love hajimesaito

Why the Mods haven't gave you a forum ban for click bait spam posting is beyond me... You need it.

If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization. -Robert Noyce

2/7/2019 11:23:19 PM #6

To OP. that plan didn't work well because everyone was so distracted from what you did to answer any of your questions. LOL.

2/7/2019 11:50:03 PM #7

Porky pig preposterously posting perpetually, forcing plans precicly for a porky picnic.

The Keshi family, is intend on bringing democracy and economic stability to Elyria.

2/7/2019 11:54:37 PM #8

Posted By Lord_Greystoke at 6:01 PM - Thu Feb 07 2019

Posted By Thecutepig at

Why the Mods haven't gave you a forum ban for click bait spam posting is beyond me... You need it.

Generally not a good idea for moderators to go after customers who they are relying on for support.

Besides, what is the harm of splitting posts into more easily read bites?

Many posters lack the attention span to read much past the title, much less the first paragraph.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

2/8/2019 12:10:20 AM #9

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 3:14 PM - Thu Feb 07 2019

The irony of this post is priceless, thanks.

Better to address the meat of the OP than focus on the behavior.

Personally I think this thoughtful idea like many here is more than a tad overly ambitious and likely far more than necessary in order to create a good gaming experience.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

2/8/2019 12:15:24 AM #10

Posted By Kyleran at 10:54 AM - Fri Feb 08 2019

Generally not a good idea for moderators to go after customers who they are relying on for support.

You may have missed the OP around. But over the last week/s, every single thread they have made, is click bait. They have made enough threads to clearly get noticed. The stuff within the threads is generally interesting enough. But the title has never matched the thread. It's why the OP is getting downvoted to hell.

While before you possibly think the worse. Many people have pointed this out to the OP, in many different threads. The OP clearly give zero fucks at this rate. Will probably forever troll it up.

2/8/2019 1:14:54 AM #11

Im not trolling gunnlang. Just doing my best to try and talk to you all. I just want to have fun and interesting conversations with elyrians but it seems that this community is very very toxic. This thread isn't at all about how amazing my titles that i work hard to think of for you fellow elyrians. I know everyone who gave me a downvote is just a fan, because haters count as fans. The reason its called learn to read is because it is about scribing and if its important to the masses. My input was in the 2nd post where i talked about the benefits and my thoughts on it.

2/8/2019 1:24:20 AM #12

Posted By Thecutepig at 12:14 PM - Fri Feb 08 2019

Im not trolling gunnlang. Just doing my best to try and talk to you all. I just want to have fun and interesting conversations with elyrians but it seems that this community is very very toxic.

Hahaha sure. A few people have given you helpful hints in your other threads. But whatever, you keep doing you. It seems to be working so well.

2/8/2019 1:31:37 AM #13

I think you should not need to learn to read your native tongue. but every other language. you can still make it a skill that you need to level by reading and writing (they are both the same more or less) to read longer and more complex texts. but you should always be able to read simple texts. otherwise new players will have no fucking clue what they are doing. they won't be able to accept contract quests of even really do anything except talk to other people. and that is not going to be a fun experience.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

2/8/2019 1:40:37 AM #14

I don’t think the community is toxic at all. Just exhausted dude that’s all.

2/8/2019 2:02:11 AM #15

If you want to have a real discussion about CoE topics, why not jump on Discord either for your server, kingdom or the official CoE discord.

As Makeke has said, people are just tired of what appears to be spam.

Regardless of whether you intend it to be, it is coming across as spam and annoying some people.

so.... discord... chat.... good!!