COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Pre-Production Concept Sketch - Brudvir Architecture 3

The shine is on the ground! Shiny Day has arrived!

We've gone one last Brudvir concept we wanted to show off. In our previous two Brudvir concept sketches, we showed mostly one story structures (not counting the ones that were built on top of entrances to tunnels, of course), but the Brudvir are big folks, and we didn't want to leave the impression that they lived in tiny spaces. In fact, depending on where the Brudvir have settled, chances are the opposite will be true, and they'll live in larger, sometimes even communal, structures. So, before we moved on to another tribe, we thought we'd share some concept sketches Heat had done showing the Brudvir style on larger structures. In this case incorporate both stone and wood to strong defensive effect.

So, without further adieu, feast your eyes on today's shiney!

I am particularly fond of the palisades shown here. It captures the sort of pragmatic approach to things you might see in the Brudvir culture fairly well: Stone is harder to work than wood, and if wood is just as useful as stone in a particular element of a structure, well then why not save the labor? That means less labor, which means less need for calories, which means less drain on resources, which means more Brudvir survive for longer. You put the work in where you need it, you make strong solid stone walls at their base, but when it comes time to add the last few feet to top the wall, you don't waste the masonry or the labor. It's smart for them and, I think, a really nice nod to thinking like a Brudvir from Heat as he concepted this stuff out. (But I mean, the dude is awesome like that, so it's not like I'm surprised, it's just how the man works.)

Next week we'll be highlighting a new tribe. I'll let you all speculate as to which it will be, but in the meantime, it's time for me to get back to work! Souzou and I are working with the engineers to finalize some elements of archery and combat and it's pretty intense work!

Shine on, Elyrians! :)

• Snipehunter
2/28/2019 7:04:31 PM #1

2/28/2019 7:10:10 PM #2

Have I mentioned how much I like brudvir? well, if not, I am gonna be playing as brudvir and seeing this amazing concept sketches, I know I have made the right decision. I wouldnt mind we get just Brudvir shinies for rest of the month ;)

Life's a Struggle when you are a Muggle.

A Wild Friend Code has appeared: F16C4D

2/28/2019 7:28:46 PM #3

Nice!

2/28/2019 7:30:44 PM #4

Nice one, best of the 3 so far.

2/28/2019 8:35:14 PM #5

That gate is amazing. Love the concept.

2/28/2019 8:52:44 PM #6

Just makes me more and more hyped for this!

Chronicles of Elyria Kickstarter backer #2!

2/28/2019 9:46:17 PM #7

i love this, i would also love to see the dras architecture teeheehee

2/28/2019 9:53:53 PM #8

i want the game out.. NOW!!! >.<

2/28/2019 10:02:52 PM #9

Definitely looks good.

3/1/2019 12:45:46 AM #10

Nice looking defenseable wall they have there.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

3/1/2019 12:56:37 AM #11

Awesome, Snipe! Well done on that conceptualisation, Heat. What a way to give kudos to the Brudvir. I love it when someone puts this depth of thought into the details and the fundamental groundworks of a game world (or any story world!). Fantastic!

3/1/2019 1:37:19 AM #12

These concepts are great. I'm glad we are finally getting to see non-Neran architecture, even if it is just concepts right now.

Drake County

3/1/2019 3:41:24 AM #13

I am impressed and excited to see where these go. I agree with West in that I like seeing more of the variety that is going to be out there. Always exciting!

3/1/2019 4:30:02 AM #14

I can't wait to burn and pillage these haha

3/1/2019 7:34:23 AM #15

Really nice. But those buildings must be behemoths, when the size of brudvir taken account. Do you have some sort of scale ?

Born in sin come on in Born in lust turn to dust