COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
BBC Tue Aug 20th - Is D being entitled and selfish in wanting kingdoms repicked?

link for our TWITCH CHANNEL

8/18/2019 6:14:51 PM #1

One must be able to be stoned in the grasslands!

8/18/2019 6:18:23 PM #2

lol, as strange as it might sound to folks that have only seen snippets of convo here and there, this has very little to do with whether this or that kingdom has this resource or that resource

i support the changes that SBS is making and that were outlined in Vye's blog

8/18/2019 6:22:36 PM #3

I do not agree with a forced repick for Monarchs.. I don't see why SBS should force a Monarch who is happy with their location to have to move.

Now, If some Monarchs wanted to switch Kingdoms with each other. I personally do not see a reason for SBS to not allow this.

8/18/2019 6:25:53 PM #4

Posted By Xefipor at 11:22 AM - Sun Aug 18 2019

I do not agree with a forced repick for Monarchs.. I don't see why SBS should force a Monarch who is happy with their location to have to move.

Now, If some Monarchs wanted to switch Kingdoms with each other. I personally do not see a reason for SBS to not allow this.

i think this is a legitimate point of view, and one that i shall also be addressing

8/18/2019 6:34:28 PM #5

It has more to do with the fact that monarchs were given the opportunity to pick blind with the agreement that nothing would change with regards to population resource amoung other things. The fact is that there have been major changes in terms of resource and population allocation and thus reasons why a kingdom chose for a specific kingdom and not another may have shifted significantly.

8/18/2019 6:39:53 PM #6

i'd prefer that we don't turn this thread into a debate over it simply because it will devolve into an argument

i respect and understand the views of the MANY monarchs that are against this

what i am asking is that if this is of concern/interest, to withhold comments until i have been afforded the opportunity to make my case

doing so in the forums leads to trolls chiming in (several have had posts removed already), side discussions starting that detract from the original points, sometimes the original points can't be made

in my opinion this is a complex issue and i will be giving my side of it is all

8/18/2019 6:43:05 PM #7

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because grassland has no rocks..

8/18/2019 7:10:03 PM #8

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

8/18/2019 7:20:56 PM #9

I still do not understand the logic of having anyone lock in a pick and location for a game that is years from launch. What’s the rush? I can guarantee that lots of other things are going to change between now and then. Tribes may change, resources, crafting, who knows. It seems like a crazy early time to be locked into things when some of you have literally spent tens of thousands of dollars on the experience. I think the argument should be made to have them hold off on all selections until they are further along in development and then start over with the picks. As D said, a lot has changed in 4 months. Imagine what will change by release!

It seems like the driving factor is not player experience for those invested but instead it’s a drive to get to the reverse auction and sell off the remaining parcels. That can all wait until the game is much closer and people have actually been in game testing it. Just as SBS discovered that some of their ideas didn’t work for the maps they will undoubtedly find that some mechanics that sounded great were greeted a bit differently by the players and they will have to be changed.

This is hoped to be a living breathing world. Let’s slow it down and let the development catch up. Then with much better knowledge everyone can pick their holdings with the confidence that it’s fairly firm.

8/19/2019 6:54:40 PM #10

I can't wait to watch the live stream and see the points made in favor OF repicks and AGAINST repicks. It's obviously a sore topic with some people who are worried about losing their biome/home however fairness should be looked at objectively.

Novigrad County~ Together we stand strong and bring despair to those who dare cross us.

8/19/2019 11:18:03 PM #11

Posted By Dleatherus at 2:39 PM - Sun Aug 18 2019

i'd prefer that we don't turn this thread into a debate over it simply because it will devolve into an argument

i respect and understand the views of the MANY monarchs that are against this

what i am asking is that if this is of concern/interest, to withhold comments until i have been afforded the opportunity to make my case

doing so in the forums leads to trolls chiming in (several have had posts removed already), side discussions starting that detract from the original points, sometimes the original points can't be made

in my opinion this is a complex issue and i will be giving my side of it is all

I'll have you know I have not had any of my posts removed, (down voted furiously, yeah) there is an art to skillful trolling.

Good luck this evening, I support your position though I think the will of "the people" is going to prevail in this scenario.

Fix forward and all that....the agile way these days...

;)

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

8/20/2019 10:29:46 AM #12

Disclaimer: I have nothing to gain or loose from Monarchs picking again or not, but it's an interesting topic for me and since you recommended questions to you being asked here if people can't be on live, I'm going to take that chance.

It was certainly bad for the monarchs to pick based on data that changed drastically and I am glad I don't have to decide anything there, but could you elaborate how picking again now is different from massive changes in the future (that are next to inevitable)?

If SBS would have followed along with their original plan to test several different providers, then give people a rough first version of the game and only afterwards select a server and then develop some further with a decent idea on the game's mechanics before D&SS, things would be drastically different.

Sage willing to help with Purity (if you spot me on Discord and have some Plague on your account that could be nullified with a trade, drop me a message on Discord)

8/20/2019 1:03:31 PM #13

it's a VERY legit question

i am working on my presentation for this evening and towards the end it does touch upon that exact issue, though doesn't deep dive into it

8/20/2019 6:27:01 PM #14

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

8/20/2019 6:45:33 PM #15

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say, D!

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!