COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
What size settlement can a Count pick.

I wanted to get a clear answer to this question.

Would it be possible for a Count to pick a settlement of any size to be their Capitol?

If a Count has enough bonus to grow a Village to the Town or City size, would they be able to make that Settlement their Capitol if they wanted?

8/20/2019 10:37:43 AM #1

Counts are only able to pick town+. Should you have to pick lower it’ll upgrade to a town theoretically since if you’re not as a town you’re not a mayor which conflicts cause then you don’t have a LMT

8/20/2019 10:38:14 AM #2

Yes. I asked a similar question on discord. A count need at least 1 city in the county, but the choice of the capital is not limited by the size of the settlement. A hamlet can be the capital of your county. edit: damn, a min too late

Barony of Kern’s gate

8/23/2019 2:13:21 AM #3

So is this a Yes, If a count has enough bonus to pop/parcel they can pick a smaller settlement as capitol?

Or a No, No mater what the bonuses a Count has to pop/parcel they can only pick a Town+ as county capitol?

And just to add it in there. Does anyone find any issues with a Count who does have the Bonuses picking a smaller settlement to be the County Capitol?

8/23/2019 2:17:30 AM #4

Posted By Terham at 05:38 AM - Tue Aug 20 2019

Yes. I asked a similar question on discord. A count need at least 1 city in the county, but the choice of the capital is not limited by the size of the settlement. A hamlet can be the capital of your county. edit: damn, a min too late

Counts need at least a city in their county? That can't be right. There are literally only three cities in our entire duchy lol.

8/23/2019 2:18:19 AM #5

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 05:37 AM - Tue Aug 20 2019

Counts are only able to pick town+. Should you have to pick lower it’ll upgrade to a town theoretically since if you’re not as a town you’re not a mayor which conflicts cause then you don’t have a LMT

I think he understands that part. He sounds like he wants to know WHY can't can't pick a lower one, if he has enough multiple packages to where it'd be a town+ after selection.

8/23/2019 2:26:17 AM #6

Posted By Daemon_Redwyne at 9:18 PM - Thu Aug 22 2019

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 05:37 AM - Tue Aug 20 2019

I think he understands that part. He sounds like he wants to know WHY can't can't pick a lower one, if he has enough multiple packages to where it'd be a town+ after selection.

Yes.. That is where I get confused.. With the bonuses I get.. I could grab a Hamlet and it will be a City with my bonuses applied.

So I do not understand why I can not pick that as my Settlement and Capitol of my merged county.

8/23/2019 2:34:59 AM #7

its because the differences isnt just population and parcels buildings are also required

Friend Code: 6DEF22

8/23/2019 2:52:46 AM #8

Posted By HEGEMONZERO at 9:34 PM - Thu Aug 22 2019

its because the differences isnt just population and parcels buildings are also required

From my understanding the settlements upgrade with the title bonuses.. So would it not get the Town Hall?

8/23/2019 4:43:59 AM #9

It sounds to me like you could pick whatever you like, and it would auto upgrade to a town+.

I’m just a mayor, but anything I pick will upgrade because of my parcel/population bonus.