COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Military Players

Of all the counts, mayors, barons, vassals and the likes out there, who has an invested interest in the military side of this game? Such as the development of a standing army, the maintenance, Support, and the structure.

I personally, plan to structure, organize and lead a military force for my specific duchy. However, I tend to see a lack of military interest out there. Considering that less than 1% of our population makes up the active military in real life, I wonder, NPCs set aside, how many players out there are interested in serving as soldiers as well?

Show some support!

8/27/2019 12:35:40 AM #1

I have a significant invested interest in the military as that is my chosen play style personally. While Vornair at large is largely peaceful and defensive, I am not just it's King but also the head of the Military for the entire Kingdom.

I very much look forward to seeing what the actual military mechanics, large group tactics, strategy and war-planning will look like in this game!

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

8/27/2019 9:02:43 PM #2

I spent 6 years in the Navy in real life and don't have any interest in being in a military in a video game. I do intend to be a blacksmith on my main so making swords, spears, and armor could be a fun diversion from the srs bzness of making nails, horseshoes, hammers, and plows. That said, if the combat is realistic and historically accurate tactics can be implemented successfully, I might change my tune. If it's just large scale PvP like you would see in a fantasy MMO, where 80 people are standing around clicking fire on their siege weapons while 30 other people are dropping endless hails of arrows on them from atop a keep, I definitely won't participate. Especially if something like military discipline is expected.

If cutting down the horse of a charging knight can break his arm and then he has to fight his way back to reinforcements, only to have to walk 28 miles to buy a new horse, and shield walls are a thing, and good armor means that you only take damage from guys with big heavy blunt weapons or thrusts to the gaps I'd be intrigued. If it's a battle of 'I have 30k health and do 15k DPS and you have 50k health, do 5k DPS, but have heals' I don't care about it at all. There are already games like that, and I know I'm mediocre at PvP in them. If I'm going to be convinced to take part, it will require something that I don't think has ever been done except sort of in RTS games.

8/27/2019 9:45:02 PM #3

I will probably be doing a bit of dabbling into a Southern defense force.

8/27/2019 10:54:47 PM #4

I plan to dabble in experimental weapons and tactics, but it's going to be primarily geared towards killing bandits in my case because I've never been a fan of the metagaming that comes into competitive PVP, where everyone you meet sneers at anything out of the accepted norm.

I'm a war history enthusiast, and as my coat of arms suggests, a fan of the Zulu as well. It might not be practical with projected land selection now, but I've been meaning to combine a Zulu shield with a Persian wicker shield- getting the cheap, lightweight protection from arrows of the wicker shield with the Zulu shield's effectiveness in parrying.

8/27/2019 11:05:14 PM #5

I plan on focusing almost entirely on the military. Most Barons i have spoken to plan on focusing on other things also and not maintaining a standing army, and that's fine too. I plan to be among the largest baronies in Vornair, that's my goal.

8/29/2019 3:24:29 PM #6

It's definitely a big part of what I'm looking at doing! I have a large amount of players interested in PvP and due to that we will focus pretty heavily on maintaining a standing army!

Novigrad County~ Together we stand strong and bring despair to those who dare cross us.

8/30/2019 12:44:07 PM #7

I am running a cult that plans on having templars as a private military. We do plan on playing lawful evil, or lawful Neutral.

Benefits: 1: Being a Templar would be a fun way to roleplay, pitting your military commitment and religious beliefs.

2: We are still growing community who are promoting from the ground up. This would put you at the top of the list for promotions.

Take a look at our forum!

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31774/nae-the-grey-order-evil-organization

Hïgh Græÿ: Service not Glory

9/3/2019 12:31:58 AM #8

I'm more interested in being a mercenary when the time comes, which certainly includes warfare. Having my own settlement doesn't interest me. I did get Alpha 2 access though so that I can learn the system early and track how combat changes with updates.

9/3/2019 12:52:20 AM #9

1% at any time, I’d say ex military is more like 30-40%.

That being said, I’m not interested in the military side of things, been there, done that, lol 😂

9/3/2019 3:54:27 AM #10

I'm free of the Navy life and as we all know, Navy stands for Never Again Volunteer Yourself...

So yea, I got very little interest to subjecting myself to that life again, even in a game.

9/3/2019 3:55:52 AM #11

i would love to be a part of the military. Imo you guys are running the best and most authentic kingdom on luna and I can't wait to become a part of it. Ive been in active in the community for over a year now (its been a very hard 2 years that didnt allow me to do anything for mysel) and if had to make a new account.

Which is a shame because I missed the server lock-in date. I still plan on buying at the very least a settler package plus mayor title. If I'm lucky enough to snag a decent town I'll register with the military.

Ive got a lot in the works as far as in-game my in game house and RP, and I think I have some background traits that will be of benefit as an officer. Can't wait to apply with you guys!

9/3/2019 10:37:57 AM #12

Six years in the Marine Corps, and a bachelor of arts in history with a focus on military history.

I might dabble in military aspects. ;)

9/3/2019 10:56:01 AM #13

only if i have to, otherwise i want to focus on my settlement and making money

9/3/2019 5:23:18 PM #14

Posted By Raze_R at

Of all the counts, mayors, barons, vassals and the likes out there, who has an invested interest in the military side of this game? Such as the development of a standing army, the maintenance, Support, and the structure.

I personally, plan to structure, organize and lead a military force for my specific duchy. However, I tend to see a lack of military interest out there. Considering that less than 1% of our population makes up the active military in real life, I wonder, NPCs set aside, how many players out there are interested in serving as soldiers as well?

Show some support!

I am Military orientated as well.

9/4/2019 4:25:23 AM #15

Considering I am attempting to build a Luna-wide organization to facilitate the hiring of mercenaries and slaughtering of poor people who can't afford the mercenaries, I'm very pro peace. Boo PvP.

Goooooooooo... farming?