COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
A question about Mayor upgrade.

I had bloodline before upgrade to mayor pack. Should I not get more EP? Do I get access to Alpha as mayor pack, or do I just get to pick a hamlet/village?

Im An Alderman in the Duchy of Thorne. The Settlement is Rhosyn Bryn on the map. We need Farmers, Woodworkers, Lumberjacks, Minstrels, Animal trainers etc. Discord; Lhewlon#7487 /Lhew Friend code D47119

9/2/2019 7:42:01 AM #1

I think you're mixing up the mayor title with the mayor package, the $85 mayor title only comes with the title

Alpha 2 is still being sold though, so you still have a chance to get that

Mayor of Gartalia, A short distance south of the Holy Capital of Victrovia, Melonia - Friend Code: 464345

9/2/2019 7:44:09 AM #2

No, the titles in the merchandise shop are only ala carte titles without any of the previous perks that came with their associated packages. Same goes for alpha access.

(NightTarot's turn to snipe me, haha.)

9/2/2019 8:17:32 AM #3

Posted By NightTarot at 09:42 AM - Mon Sep 02 2019

I think you're mixing up the mayor title with the mayor package, the $85 mayor title only comes with the title

Alpha 2 is still being sold though, so you still have a chance to get that Thats not entirely true, the Mayor upgrade cost 85$ plus at least bloodline 135$ so minimum 215$ mayor package cost 250$. But are you a settler it cost 265$ or proprietor 315$. So I get less EP if I buy an upgrade like a 1000 less. Seems a real disadvantage. And if you buy a count upgrade you get even more disadvantage plus paying more.

Im An Alderman in the Duchy of Thorne. The Settlement is Rhosyn Bryn on the map. We need Farmers, Woodworkers, Lumberjacks, Minstrels, Animal trainers etc. Discord; Lhewlon#7487 /Lhew Friend code D47119

9/2/2019 8:24:14 AM #4

dude, the mayor title and the mayor package are two separate things, yes, you own bloodline, and you got your rewards in your inventory for owning the bloodline package, the mayor title, which is $85, is just a title,

also You only need the base Elyria package to buy the mayor package, not bloodline, because I've seen rank 1 or 2 mayor title holders

if you want the rewards from the mayor package, you would've had to have gotten it last year before it stopped selling, which was $250, $500, or $750 for the different ones in that tier

..you got a title, you say you spent more because bloodline, but bloodline has its own rewards from the package, not the mayor package's rewards

Mayor of Gartalia, A short distance south of the Holy Capital of Victrovia, Melonia - Friend Code: 464345

9/2/2019 8:25:26 AM #5

As far as I understand you would just need EP if you would like to adjust the settlement to meet your wished start conditions e.g. by adding defenses to the settlements entrance but that is nothing you need to do before the game starts as developing the settlement will be part of the gameplay. That way you might not get that many EP for free.

I cannot see any information about changes of access times and so you will probably stay in Beta I but Alpha and Beta are not connected with choosing your settlement. You will be added to the last group of D&SS that is starting on Monday, September 16. Open https://chroniclesofelyria.com/domains#/ while you are signed in and you will see a counter and a date defining the time you can chose on this map your settlement. Oh and you can also claim larger settlements not just hamlet/villages as long as there remains at least one town for a count. E.g. there is a county with a city, a town and 2 hamlets. The count has chosen the town and now you as a mayor could also claim the city. The requirement is simply that there has to be one town or larger settlement for the count and as long as this condition is true you can claim whatever settlement is left.

Count of "Wulfsbargen" in the Duchy "Avaland" within the Kingdom "Tryggr". If not explicit mentioned the above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Duchy or Kingdom.

9/2/2019 8:55:44 AM #6

Posted By NightTarot at 10:24 AM - Mon Sep 02 2019

dude, the mayor title and the mayor package are two separate things, yes, you own bloodline, and you got your rewards in your inventory for owning the bloodline package, the mayor title, which is $85, is just a title,

also You only need the base Elyria package to buy the mayor package, not bloodline, because I've seen rank 1 or 2 mayor title holders

if you want the rewards from the mayor package, you would've had to have gotten it last year before it stopped selling, which was $250, $500, or $750 for the different ones in that tier

..you got a title, you say you spent more because bloodline, but bloodline has its own rewards from the package, not the mayor package's rewards

No need to be rude. But you do need to learn to read before you spit out an reply. And I can only go from all of the Mayor contest, and they stated you need to be at least Bloodline to upgrade to mayor. But they could be wrong. And if I upgrade let say from Bloodline to Settler I get the settler rewards not the title. I did not say I spent more, I said if you where "But are you a settler it cost 265$ or proprietor 315$." So more and and a Mayor title cost 250, and a count 500. So If I bought a count upgrade I pay more. I never suggested that should get all the old perks, I said It was a disadvantage. Not same thing from where I was taught English.

9/2/2019 8:57:14 AM #7

Posted By Schattenwandrer at 10:25 AM - Mon Sep 02 2019

As far as I understand you would just need EP if you would like to adjust the settlement to meet your wished start conditions e.g. by adding defenses to the settlements entrance but that is nothing you need to do before the game starts as developing the settlement will be part of the gameplay. That way you might not get that many EP for free.

I cannot see any information about changes of access times and so you will probably stay in Beta I but Alpha and Beta are not connected with choosing your settlement. You will be added to the last group of D&SS that is starting on Monday, September 16. Open https://chroniclesofelyria.com/domains#/ while you are signed in and you will see a counter and a date defining the time you can chose on this map your settlement. Oh and you can also claim larger settlements not just hamlet/villages as long as there remains at least one town for a count. E.g. there is a county with a city, a town and 2 hamlets. The count has chosen the town and now you as a mayor could also claim the city. The requirement is simply that there has to be one town or larger settlement for the count and as long as this condition is true you can claim whatever settlement is left.

Thank you for an helpful answer.

9/2/2019 11:43:23 AM #8

...I did read?

Posted By lhewlon at 01:17 AM - Mon Sep 02 2019

Thats not entirely true, the Mayor upgrade cost 85$ plus at least bloodline 135$ so minimum 215$ mayor package cost 250$. But are you a settler it cost 265$ or proprietor 315$. So I get less EP if I buy an upgrade like a 1000 less. Seems a real disadvantage. And if you buy a count upgrade you get even more disadvantage plus paying more.

I replied to this saying that you are in fact still getting the rewards from those packages themselves, and you treat it like some disadvantage because you're not getting a "mayor" or "count" worth of EP for upgrading

..If you want EP, buy the EP separately

you're not getting EP for buying a lone title

The Mayor Title, alone, costs $85, it pairs up with whatever package you own and allows you to pick a Settlement during D&SS

Posted By lhewlon at 01:55 AM - Mon Sep 02 2019

And I can only go from all of the Mayor contest, and they stated you need to be at least Bloodline to upgrade to mayor. But they could be wrong.

If its a contest, they're not talking about the $85 title from the store, because that one cannot be bundled, transferred or turned in for EP

and if I upgrade let say from Bloodline to Settler I get the settler rewards not the title. I did not say I spent more, I said if you where "But are you a settler it cost 265$ or proprietor 315$." So more and and a Mayor title cost 250, and a count 500.

The County upgrade costs $375, The Courtier package is $1000, don't know where you got 500

The original reply I gave you, the first three words you said to me was "That's not right"

So I explained in more detail and now I'm rude...?

I give up, I'm obviously not giving you the answer in a way your ears would prefer to receive it, welcome to the CoE community, where everyone expresses themselves differently, it doesn't mean they're trying to be rude

9/2/2019 1:41:04 PM #9

Posted By NightTarot at 1:43 PM - Mon Sep 02 2019 "The original reply I gave you, the first three words you said to me was "That's not right" My answer are in your message and its first 4 words; "Thats not entirely true". This where I got it from; https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Pledge_Packages

Courtier is lvl 10 -1000$, Count lvl 9 500$. According to the Wikia

I never wanted a certain answer, I just wanted the fact as Schattenwandrer gave me. Try to read his replies and yours.

Thx for the for the warm welcome.

hope you have good day also.

9/6/2019 12:13:07 AM #10

Well, welcome to NA-W.

Yes, you are correct that the current Mayor title for 85$ indeed requires a bloodline package.

I also think its fair that you just get the title. AS for picking times, you actually get to pick during mayor week based on the amount of IP you had when they locked it in on 19th August. this means you don't have to pick at the end, if you had high IP at that time.

And as mentioned before, you can purchase more EP to modify your settlement during Exposition.

9/6/2019 12:56:07 AM #11

I can confirm you must have a Bloodline+ to use the $85 mayor Upgrade. It will stop you from purchasing when you try to checkout as it requires Exposition access. It is also more than just the title but not everything that was included in the original Mayor packages. This is what the upgrade contains:

This title allows you to claim a settlement on the map of your primary server and act as the executor of that settlement. This title comes with all of the following rewards: Able to select a settlement to name and govern Receive a cloak identifying your rank with your family's crest Heraldry - Gain access to torses & crests

Divide et Impera