COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Fortuna Holiday Contest! Come win!

Fortuna- The land of Fortuna is a land of mystery ,and wonder. A place where few dare to tread ,and fewer dare to live. Life has always been a constant gamble to Fortunans where you can find your path to success ,and riches or end up six feet under trying.

It's ability to open you up to a great path of success or one of failure has been the main attributing factor in giving this kingdoms it's namesake. The Kingdom of The Lucky.

An old favored legend in Fortuna mythology revolves around the mann named Wanderer. As the last soldier within his battalion who survived defending the homeland he was stranded within the shrub steppes being left for dead with a broken leg ,and many wounds. As he agonized waiting for death as night approached he was surprised to find a canis rabbit approaching him. With nothing to defend himself the mann simply had given up looking straight into the face of what was sure his impending death. As the canis rabbit approached closer the man lost consciousness due to the loss of blood. Eventually Wanderer woke up startled as day broke ,and found himself thrown to the entrance of his home town by the canis rabbit. Startled the man jumped up trying not to bear weight on his broken leg,and watched as the rabbit ran back into the forest never to be seen again. Legends say Old man wanderer vowed never to eat a canis rabbit again,and eventually stories slowly,but surely would appear time to time in many different places across the regions of Fortuna of canis rabbits helping in times of need or distress.

Eventually Canis rabbits were recognized as Guardians of the land ,and were seen as very lucky.

As stories ,and legends passed passed over the years peoples imaginations ,and superstitions eventually created a tradition that started small within the Shrub steppe of Fortuna ,and gradually grew into a kingdom wide phenomena that once only attracted the Neran also affected the other races of the kingdom who have been brought up learning the superstitions regarding luck ,and living.

The Festival of Luck. Otherwise known as Canis Day.

How Canis Day Works:

Canis day is a celebration of dressing up as the guardian of luck the Canis rabbits to ward away bad luck through the night.

As is tradition During the light of day as children dress up like rabbits. They then attend carnivals, to represent the start of life. While the children slumber at day lights end, this represents the unknowing death fated for them. While adults dress up in their rabbit outfits, attending rituals that are at day lights end.

While the night before Canis day, the mushroom Psilocybin, is taken by the of age people. This is to aid any spirit that has passed that year and give reassurance and calm them upon their transition.

Ghost ivy with each petal representing an individual that has moved on and it keeps glowing. The glow represents the soul, they should be cared for to show due respect to each families ancestors. It is very customary to find these family members, sitting next to the ivy paying respect to the ancestors. (meditating)

Nightsight is also a drink of the day as the holiday is at daylight's end. The meaning of this, the drinking of it represents the soul being able to see their next path out of the nothing. The flower itself represent the soul. While the planting of it represents the soul coming back to Elyria starting anew. The short time span of the flower represents the short life span of the individual. The drink is commonly drank upon the return of the children from the carnival and once the family is together again each member plants the flower.

It is said that the form one takes as a spirit roaming the Astral Plane is a reflection of one's place in the cycle of life. While each soul that we are living out, this life cycle with still may have the past shapes within the soul. Using proper meditation these forms might be tapped into and explored. Aid are often used in these meditations some include, Psilocybin mushroom spores or A Mushroom wine.

Common Edibles:

1. Favorite foods for the day - Glowing pastries
  2. Favorite drinks for the day- Glowing and bubbling

Common outfits:

1. Most outfits covered in Night sight to grant it a glowing effect (Or anything else that glows to represent the day)
  2. Outfits of all black
  3. Outfits of all white

Fun Items!

Angelica's Tears

“ It is said the pine cones only glow when they get wet, thus it is said that when Angelica cries, the pine cones from her tree respond to her sadness and light up the night. „ Angelica's Tears are carried around to act as a lantern for the young ,and old during the event period to stave away the darkness ,and allow for good luck to find there way to the person rather then getting lost.

Animal Journey:

It is said that the form a spirit takes in the Astral Plane is a reflection of its place in the Cycle of Souls, and that each of us, even as we live but a single lifetime, still have within us the past shapes of our soul. With meditation and reflection, these forms can be explored.

Some say if you best a Canis Rabbit at your field of expertise they will be your spirit guide on the other side.

Ex. Warrior best it by being stronger in some way. ( the goal is not kill but you can if it is your life or the Canis rabbits)

Ex. Hunter outsmart it (by trapping it or killing however the goal is not kill but you can if it is your life or the Canis rabbits.)

Ex. Thief steal something from them ( could be hair or possibly a cub if you are really brave but the cub must be cared for. )

Ex Cook would give it the best meal they could.

Ex. An alchemist healing one when it was wounded. ( best them at healing )

Ex. Astronomer/survivalist/map creator ( helps them find their way home )

and so on.

This holiday is performed at different Kingdom levels.

Kingdom level - currently has not been voted on

Dutchy level - currently has not been voted on

County level - Create a flower bed in the shape of a clover. So that the people may come in and plant a nightsight flower in this flower bed.

Town level - people gift ,and trade ( pastries, ghost ivy, angelic tears, or anything else that represents the day )

See references

Ghost Ivy - https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Ghost_Ivy

Nightsight - https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Nightsight_(flower)

To celebrate one of our many great holidays!

We will be holding a choose your own prize giveaway

Times: (9/06/2019)-(09/13/2019)

The way it works is all you have to do is write something pertaining to canis day. Say an experiance you've had if you want to write a story or things you would like to do. Or if you want to draw a picture relating to the holiday. Anything creative works to enter that's involving our holiday!

After you submit your entry you can pick whatever prize on the prize list that you want ,and by the end of the week a number will be generated listed by 1-#. Number one will be given to the first person who asked for the specific prize ,and so on ,and so forth the numbers. Picking a prize that has no one else ,but you in the running makes you the automatic winner!

Feel free to go after the smaller prizes if you so choose for a better chance or risk it all for that sweet loot!

How to Enter

1) Submit your entry pertaining to the holidays!

2) Type a number when selecting which prize you want on the list! Or list the item name!

prize List

1) 1x Twilight Gardening Kit

2) 10 x Rusted Fullering Tool(s)

3) 15 x Cracked Brass Cross-guard(s)

4) 20$ Gift Card

5) 30x Copper Spearheads

6) 12 x Ceramic Effigy figurine(s)

7) 5x Glowing Potatos

8) Starter Pet

Rules

1) Dont plagarize

2) Dont double pick for prizes per entry.

3) ANY Kingdom can join

4) Memes are allowed, however, you are not allowed to attack anyone or any kingdom. Lets keep it positive and about the festival.

Special thanks to the many Fortunans who offered up there meager supplies to share the celebration!

Starter pet - Count Weylyn

12x Ceramic effigys/ 5x Glowing potato/ 15x Cracked Cross-guards/ 10x Rusted fuller tools Anonymous Fortunan Donor #1

Twilight Gardening Kit Anonymous Fortunan Donor#2

20$ Gift Card Elyrian- Anonymous Fortunan Donor#3

Future event tied with Canis Day

For those who join Fortuna and are our brothers and sisters. When the game is almost out...you will be able to vote on the in game day of when, in winter, we should celebrate our holiday!

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF

9/6/2019 12:18:08 PM #1

On Canis Day I plan to drink some of that hallucinogenic animal journey wine and frolic in the Astral Plane! I hope that I otherwise won't be spending much time there XD

As a true Hrothi, my preferred prize is #1: Twilight Garden Kit

Drake County

9/6/2019 12:28:33 PM #2

On Canis Day, I plan to eat some glowing meat pies and drink glowing potato Vodka while enjoying the grand hunt for a rabbits foot!

As someone who plans on making a lot of Glodka, my preferred prize is #7!

9/6/2019 1:25:57 PM #3

While I have yet to see it in person, my grandfather told me tales of this holiday.

He said, "The natives woke early that day and cleaned themselves thoroughly with scented oils and spirits then met the sun as it rose at their doorsteps, all the adults dressed in a glowing white, and the children in hare costumes."

"The early morning consisted of adults trading furs, presumeably from large hares, while the children chased each other, attempting to claim a toy carrot that the lead one held. Many outsiders came to peddle wares, consisting mainly of traps, weapons, and lures designed to fight the large beastly creatures that roamed the countryside."

"As the sun came overhead and began it's slow crawl down, the people gathered to hear their leaders speak of the damages caused and those lost over the last year to the Cannis Rabbit packs. They honor their fallen with a fast, skipping the last meal of the day."

"The fires arose as evening came, the town alight with torches, lamps and bonfires. I watched the native children in their costumes, surround the adults and begin jumping in and out towards them, as if testing them. The eldest of the adults, now carrying padded shields and staffs formed as good of a defensive line as they could and began fending off the children. The whole crowd slowly rotating in the square as the sun does in the sky."

"At night, the children feasted on their holiday foods, hearing folk tales and stories. Once the children were asleep from gorging themselves, the adults gathered in their homes and celebrated in their own ways. We were offered to stay with one family, and we did. They chose to celebrate the night in their old ways, drinking mushroom wine to see what lies beyond this world, hopefully to prepare them for the days and life ahead of them."

I could totally use no. 4 - that gift card could be handy.

9/6/2019 1:30:56 PM #4

Oh, I have some stories to tell about Canis Day. I remember one year, we had a particular child, Timmeon his name was. The poor lad adored rabbits and got a little too invested in his costume. He must've thought to himself "Well rabbits live in the woods, don't they?" So off he goes wandering into the woods, in full rabbit outfit. He must've gotten lost because come nightfall he still hasn't returned. Scared the absolute daylights out of his parents, calming mushroom or no. The whole community spent the night looking for him, only to find him the next morning, nestled down with an actual canis rabbit warren and perfectly safe. Guardians of the land indeed.

My preferred prize is #4. Thank you for hosting!

Future (Neran?) Ranger of Luna

9/6/2019 1:42:38 PM #5

On Canis Day, I awoke to find a horrid mess, deposited by a surely unwell leporid on my doorstep. I did not feel so lucky cleaning that up let me tell you.

(my preffered prize is #4)

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

9/6/2019 2:40:11 PM #6

On Canis Day, I plan to make a very simple recipe. 1 Part Mushrooms 1 Part GlowTatos 1 Part Kypiq-Fed Trike Bring to boil in pot over campfire using hallucinogenic animal journey wine, served with a dash of dark liquid to taste.

Edit: Didn't realize there was a prize just wanted to share a nice recipe.... 6?

9/6/2019 2:41:54 PM #7

"It is strange," the Waerd thought to his companions as they passed through the celebration. Each one dressed in the grey furs and leathers of recently hunted canis rabbits. Everyone sporting the skull of their kill as their helm with added to them. Each on sporting a sash of twined ivy at their hips. "That to celebrate a "guardian beast" you must slay a guardian beast and wear it."

"Yes these customs are strange, but is not death a celebration in itself?"

"You are wise, hmmm... the glowing potato mash is fairly good." The next answer is bemused, "Always thinking with your stomach, Told?" At that random people through out the celebration who are all dressed similarly let out slight chuckles.

"You know, Familiar, we haven't heard from you lately." There's a sudden scream and then laughter and then more high pitched screaming coming from the nearby tree area.

"Be very very quiet, I'm hunting wabbits," the words are happy and playful coming through their family link. "You're playing hide and seek while chasing the children aren't you?"

"Yes, but also a few adults. The people here are fun. Now enjoy yourselves, and no killing. Especially you Set. We are not here to hand hold elders into the afterlife."

"Yes Familiar."

9/6/2019 3:12:42 PM #8

As a traveler coming from a far away land I woke up today and decided to see what is happening on this city in which I just arrived! I got outside of the room I rented, for the night, and I was very happy to discover that there is a celebration here today called the canis day! What a wonderful opportunity! It is not usual for me to be able to observe the people I visit while there is a festival going! It will be an amazing chance to meet new people, learn about their way of life. Maybe i will visit the local library or ask the locals to find out what this celebration is about! Such a wonderful opportunity to learn new things! The long lonely journeys I so often do in search for knowledge do prove to be rewarding sometimes!

8 to keep me company in my quest for knowledge :)

9/6/2019 3:40:25 PM #9

Canis Day

A man sits in the corner rocking in his chair, glass in hand. This main looks well into his 60s. With grizzled callous hands. rough beard that looks less than stellar. Hair matted needs washing or two. To his right is his trusted wood ax (Mornear) name given to it from his great great grandfather. Every morning it was near his bed and the first thing he grabbed waking up. Walking into the forest to chop wood for the day. This man today is known as Loggy. Once renowned woodcutter and crafter. Those day are far behind him now. This is the anniversary of his wife’s death and new found friend, yes weird you lose your soul mate, yet your world does not end. -

Loggy sips his Nightsight Dark Cranberry wine. Looks over to the glowing flower in the corner. It grows dimmer than normal as many years have passed since it blossomed. He walks over to it and picks one of the last few petals that had fallen off. He looks down to the door as he hears a loud yawn. Yea that is Beav his otterbear pet that has been his friend for the past 25 years. Beav walks over to Loggy and gently rubs his shoulder with his head. He knows Loggy feels pain and suffering as does Beav. Beav lets out a small but thunderous pant.

“Ok, Beav calm down, you can have a sip too. Not sure what it does for ya but I will give you it just as we have done since those days long ago.”

Beav clumsily follows Loggy across the room and lays down next to the rocking chair. Beav gets his Nightsight sip and gently falls asleep. Hoping to connect to his parents too.

You see 25 years ago Loggy was in the Deepvine forest after a special flower his wife loved. The tweetvine twine was as beautiful and his wife. This flower would open up and blossom, but no ordinary blossom, depending on your mood it would blossom into 4 different shades. Fire red if it felt anger, sky blue if it felt fear, bright yellow if it felt happiness, and pitch-black if it felt death. These plants were very hard to come by as only the King and Queen would give contracts out but only once every 5 years. For only 1 plant, for one person.

Loggy had grown great favor from the King and Queen as his woodcutting skills were always showcased and one year he had won and his gift was a single contract for anything he wanted. He could have asked for more parcels of land, but 12 was already enough, he could have asked for gold, but he was already well off. The flower was something gold could not buy, contracts for this plant were forbidden to be sold.

Loggy has heard of a specific area where he could find it and they are hard to spot, they blend in with grass easily, as light green is a passive state. It was also an Otterbear favorite snack. These are something you do not want to just walk upon. They are usually in packs of 3 or more and it can take the handiest of swordsman to take one down let alone a pack. After finally spending more hours than needed to find one he came across it and it blossomed the brightest yellow Loggy had ever seen. Loggy was extremely happy and proud. His plucked the flower from the stem and put in in a small glass case he had purchased.

After spending hours to get back home, the plant started to change colors as he inched closer to the cabin. It started to light up blue and Loggy senses something was wrong as he mear steps from the door the plant quickly changed to black….Loggy dropped the plant and ran toward the cabin door with Mornear in hand. Loggy burst through front door only to see his wife mauled to death, great claw marks streak her chest, blood-soaked the floor. He put his hands on her wound knowing there was nothing he could do, but he had to try.

Cradling his now-dead wife Loggy kissed her forehead and cried….He had just lost the most important thing in this world.

Only days had passed since Loggy buried his wife in the family plot. That he went back to the cabin to see what had killed his wife. He grabbed Morenear and followed the tracks. It was pretty quick that he knew what and where to find this thing. It was an Otterbear attack. They had been growing in numbers as people traded them for their furs, pets, and for combat. With his ax at the ready Loggy waited until night to enter the small cave where the tracks lead. He quietly took each step, breath getting heavier and heavier. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he could see a figure on the ground. This was definitely and Otterbear, a female to be exact. Normally male and females were always together. Someone must have killed the father. Without a thought Loggy plunged Mornear into the otterbear, once twice, … he lost count as only stopped when he could not raise his ax further. He then lit a torch to see that he was indeed correct. It was a female otterbear and in the claws were pieces of his deceased wife’s clothes.

Loggy was leaving the cave when he heard a slight whimper,he raised his ax once more and walked toward the sound. In the corned next to the dead mother was a baby otterbear. Loggy full of rage lifted the ax over his head and swung down……Coming nowhere near the baby otterbear. Loggy knew that without the mother it would die within days. He picked up the baby otterbear and walked out of the cave. To this day Loggy and hat baby otterbear named have never had a day apart. The cut wood together, hunt together and have a quiet life together. See when things get bad in life there is always someone or something that will brighten it up, it might not be as soon and Loggy, But it does happen.

With one last gulp of Nightsight Dark Cranberry wine, Loggy rests his head, Over in the corner next to the glowing flower, another flower starts to turn black…..

Thank you, 10 x Rusted Fullering Tool(s)

9/6/2019 5:10:07 PM #10

for prize # 4

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

9/6/2019 5:41:19 PM #11

Posted By kajoreh at 12:10 PM - Fri Sep 06 2019

for prize # 4

![]CanisRabbitmodelearlyviewLI

it did not show up correctly

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF

9/6/2019 6:33:36 PM #12

Canis Day Cards

outside

Canis-Rabbit-model-earlyview-LI.jpg

inside

Remember Kids...

Canis Day Is For Lovers

♥♥♥🐺🐰♥♥♥

(special thanks to Alpha for walking me thru my technical issues)

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

9/6/2019 7:18:50 PM #13

On Canis Day, I plan to find a rabbits foot and bring me luck for the day. If the luck stays with me I may win number 8) Starter Pet

9/6/2019 7:59:04 PM #14

Canis day is for lovers Ɛ>

After a four day journey, I finally arrived at the kingdom of Fortuna for two reasons, One to collect my dues from the tavern business that I set up and two to PARTY! It is the annual Canis day Holliday after all.

As night falls the streets starts to glow in the light of wettened pinecones and glowing potatoes and glotato products. But there was one thing that glowed brighter than all the pastries it was the smile of the most beautiful girl a fellow Naren with a smile that could melt the coldest of hearts. Even though half of her face was covered in the bunny masks that were everywhere I knew that I had to talk to her. I trip and stumble into the chair across from her and we start by making small talk, where I end up asking her if she has been to Canis day before, and her face glowed with excitement as she took my hand and led me around saying that since this was my frist time we needed to do everything. We went through stores, bought different pastries, danced and partied all night long. Ten short years later she and I haven't missed a Canis day and we even take our kids there to have fun and play!

(I would like a Twilight Gardening Kit #1 so I can have a glowing garden with my wife)

P.S here is a sketch of her that day

9/6/2019 8:45:58 PM #15

I plan on having a drink at daylights end with the community of Krypshyre and remembering the past and reflecting on the decisions until the light of day sends us back on the rabbit trail. Cheers to a great Canis Day!