COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
What's Next for DSS

Hail & Well Met Elyrians!

Domain & Settlement Selection has all but concluded. Where before players had only promises of future plans and future endeavors, those that participated in Domain & Settlement Selection are now the proud owners of their own holdings - domains and settlements plainly visible on the map for all to see!

With Oceanus having reached midnight their time, and the other servers following over the next 15 hours, I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know what comes next!

In order to give people with low influence an opportunity to complete their picks we're going to be leaving the servers open in their current state until Noon PDT tomorrow, Monday, September 23rd - as planned. This will give any of those people over on Angelica who unlock near midnight tonight time to pick before we transition into the next phase of D&SS. So what is the next phase?!

Tomorrow, at Noon PDT we're going to be removing the Mayor and Count Upgrades from the store and setting D&SS back into read-only mode for two weeks, unlocking again on October 7th.

On October 7th we'll once again set the D&SS portal into interactive mode, wherein anyone who has a title who has not already claimed their domain and/or settlement will be able to do so. There will be no more timers. People will simply be able to pick at their own discretion, locking in their server if they haven't already done so.

So what's going to be happening over the next two weeks? The web and outreach team are going to be getting caught up on D&SS related tasks such as fixing any outstanding support tickets, making sure everyone's domain names are reviewed, updating the map as necessary to reflect any changes we'd like to make to reflect the new state of the map, and of course - taking a little breather. I need to ensure the web and outreach team have a little time to recover before we move into the general picking phase, and then into the Settlers of Elyria event a few weeks after that.

So thank you again for such a successful event! Congratulations to everyone who has chosen their domains and found their home in Elyria! We're excited about what's to come, and we look forward to the upcoming stages of selection and beyond!

Pledged to the Continued Development of the Soulborn Engine and the Chronicles of Elyria,

Caspian

9/22/2019 4:40:49 PM #1

Exciting times! I can't wait for Settlers of Elyria. Congratulations on this milestone, Caspian and Soulbound Studio!

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!

9/22/2019 4:40:56 PM #2

nice, please add a way to contact a domain holder trough the forum or website PM's tho ^^

9/22/2019 4:41:51 PM #3

Do folks who did not have their server locked in previously start picking at midnight tonight, or wait until the map opens back up again in 2 weeks?

Posted By Athorias at 11:40 AM - Sun Sep 22 2019

nice, please add a way to contact a domain holder trough the forum or website PM's tho ^^

Also this.

9/22/2019 4:41:59 PM #4

Great work!

You cannot have life without death. I create death, therefore I create life.

9/22/2019 4:43:22 PM #5

Posted By Arisilde at 09:41 AM - Sun Sep 22 2019

Do folks who did not have their server locked in previously start picking at midnight tonight, or wait until the map opens back up again in 2 weeks?

The latter.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

9/22/2019 4:43:34 PM #6

Amazing work!

"May those who accept fate be granted happines, May those who deny it be granted glory."

B3BB4B

9/22/2019 4:46:17 PM #7

Posted By Athorias at 11:40 AM - Sun Sep 22 2019

^^^

Also congratulations on this amazing milestone. You created an entire world that players can actually settle in and choose their home, nothing like any other game. Amazing.

9/22/2019 4:48:07 PM #8

Hopefully a functionality of clicking selected settlements on the map to message the owners gets added. 😄

9/22/2019 4:48:46 PM #9

Any chance we can generate links for duchies, counties, and settlements? Would be useful when sharing with others.

9/22/2019 4:49:09 PM #10

Well, it was a difficult, long road to get to D&SS but we're finally getting through it! Cant wait to pick tomorrow

9/22/2019 4:50:35 PM #11

Thank you so much for answering several questions I had!!! Can’t wait for the auction!

9/22/2019 4:51:08 PM #12

looking forward to seeing how many settlements fill up from non locked in mayors honestly, and possibly counts. thanks for the update. also the contacting a domain holder would be nice, but with the anonymity thing that your wanting for in game i guess probably best not to have it.

9/22/2019 4:51:15 PM #13

Can we get the lock on claiming in Alesia released during the extended time tomorrow so those counts that were locked, but not winners of FK or reserved can place at the extended end of mayor week, before the general picking phase begins?

I have a mayor that upgraded to count, but can't pick during their time slot due to the unique restrictions on the Free Kingdom of Alesia.

9/22/2019 4:51:45 PM #14

Posted By Athorias at 09:40 AM - Sun Sep 22 2019

Despite the obvious reasons for the appeal of this function, I believe it isn't slated to happen until personas are implemented at the earliest.

It has to do with the separation of Character and Player, and not forcing players to identify as the domain holder if they choose not to.

Could maybe see an anonymous PM option as a benefit though?

9/22/2019 4:55:16 PM #15

Great news allowing anyone a title still stuck in their inventory the ability to select again but what about the ones who've been boxed in intentionally or otherwise and would not be able to capitalize on the use of their rightfully paid for title?

Friend code: 2D42A1