COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
Jungle County of Kheg - Solaris
In the tropical rainforest
sits the fledgling

Khounty of Kheg

Welcome to the jungle! [“We've got fun and games...”]

Solaris-Confederation.jpg

“TL/DR” Nitty Gritty Time Saver:

I'm looking to populate a county as well as its county seat of Khegport and intend to use rent free property to help build support for Kheg County's interest in the advancement of rivercraft engineering through education and county funding. Part of this initiative is the hope that it will help foster a significant economy partially based on river commerce.

• This is all done in part by the Town of Khegport containing a high elevation resource point.
  • The second ingredient is county funding being put into construction related R&D.
  • The third ingredient is to get a large network of construction skilled individuals located in the Town of Khegport by using rent free property as an incentive.

As Count of Kheg, I will see that funding is provided for R&D in innovative rivercraft. Therefore limited rent free property will be available to select crafters/gatherers that help in the development of a dynamic river economy. However, any boat builder shop anywhere in Kheg County will get access the latest watercraft construction R&D that Kheg County has available. If you have an interest in making money off of the latest boating philosophy, consider the Town of Khegport.

My administrative goals as count: Having a high ground resource point within the Town of Khegport provides an opportunity to educate the people of the confederation. Therefore the primary industry of the county seat is education. I'm hoping this education feature can be parlayed into safer boats with better efficiency regarding propulsion through research and development.

My administrative goals as mayor: Attracting scholars and people interested in river commerce and trade. The current primary industry is hunting, but 4 out of the 6 county settlements is also hunting. For the purpose of diversity, the Town of Khegport will transition from hunting to education. All professions are highly appreciated, but we aim to make the most of our opportunity to educate the masses. Therefore, as a town with an emphasis on education to support our drive to strengthen defensive structures, educators and those related to the building industry are needed the most. It is these people who may benefit from the rent free property incentive.

My personal game play: County infrastructure engineering and construction from the planning stages all the way through the “stake out” phase. Post stake out operations will be left up to other organizations.

“The Town of Khegport shall become known as the think-tank of engineering wonder.” – Count/Mayor Zii Ryph, 803, of the 4th Age.

A little background...

Kheg County is located within the Solaris Confederation; a new entity that broke away from the Kingdom of Kairos on Sept. 3, 2019. When the game launches for service, the confederation expects to revolt and officially break away from the kings rule. This new kingdom...actually I don't know if it actually should be called a kingdom since it won't have a king or queen as it's ruler. It is run by a board of 3 dukes and a duchess. Regardless, confederation or kingdom, it won't be a war mongering society. It will try to use diplomacy to get what it needs and only resort to PvP when all diplomatic avenues have been exhausted.

Solaris-Confederation-v3.jpg

Differing opinions brought on the quiet coup in which 4 of the 6 jungle duchies formed the confederation. County and duchy selections during DSS revealed that the Kingdom of Kairos lost 74% of their subjects. Part of this is likely a result of being stuck with the flat tropical wetlands. As for the two remaining jungle duchies, they are cut off from the bulk of their kingdom of only about 9 people as of Sept. 16th. There is now a cold war developing in the remaining county selections and with that comes the recruiting drives. With 35% more players and having the interest of the jungle biome to taut over the wetlands, Solaris has the upperhand. If you haven't selected a settlement or even decided on a kingdom and you aren't bothered by all of this drama, read on.

“If you have stock in Kairos, now is the time to sell.” – Count/Mayor Zii Ryph, 803, of the 4th Age.

Why Kheg County?

Let's start with the duchy first. I've only known the duke since late August of 2019 when I was recruited to join his duchy. He immediately came off as someone who is very intelligent, well planned and dedicated to his position. I got the feeling he didn't take on the position of duke for its position of power, but rather because he knows he can create a positive impact for others. He understands the need to be active and well thought out when those underneath him laid out a lot of money in anticipation of his leadership. He'd rather use diplomacy instead of force and with the way he presents himself, I imagine he would fare well more often than not. I'm certain that the duke of Galladorn would make it into a top 10 list because some people you just can't help but like and Boxman is one of them. He may not have the recognition or notoriety some others have on our forums and I suspect that is because he doesn't feel the innate desire to have it. His drive is focused elsewhere. Myself, having been in four kingdoms since 2016, and having had to “interview” with many other dukes as I searched for a favorable place to claim a county in, I can assure you that Boxman is a cut above the majority when it comes to leadership and preparation. He has a strong work ethic. and because of this, the Duke of Galladorn is a big part of the reason I stayed with the Solaris Confederation throughout Domain and Settlement Selection. Speaking with Duke Boxman, I absolutely believe he will turn his part of the jungle into an economical power duchy and I'm personally looking forward to working with him to ensuring that not only will Kheg Khounty be an integral part of his duchy, but also in striving to make the duchy great as a whole.

The Duke of Galladorn makes up ¼ of the Solaris Confederation's board. From this board, I anticipate economic growth and territorial expansion without war. Defensively the confederation is tucked away. Our southern border is the sea of which is patrolled by the confederation's navy. To the east and west are the kingdoms of Kairos and Fortuna and of which, neither pose a threat. Our northern border is the Kingdom of Boardweall; ties with them are strong.

As the count of the Kheg, I aim to create a strong economy within the county's borders and believe the county's location and topography are significant. I have no desire to create any special county laws just for the sake of exercising that power. I hope to keep the county out of the typical drama that is sure to cloud up Elyria and I'm very open to having various committees/panels to help run the county or at the very least guide me.

In addition to input from the righteous people of Kheg, I'll be looking for a couple of viscounts to help manage physical areas of the county. These viscounts will likely have a couple of people assisting them as well in their own assigned section of the county. Since the duchy is providing soldiers and peace officers for protection, there won't be a county run army. However there will be a defensive militia made of up volunteers. In addition, with such a large river to secure, I suspect it will be up to the county and not the duchy to make sure its commerce flows smoothly. Therefore, the county will have marines to safeguard it. Hopefully the neighboring counties relying on waterway commerce will see benefit of a shared marine watch.

Terrain/Location Facts of Particular Importance:
A close up of the Duchy of Galladorn and its tropical rainforest:

galladorn-zoom.jpg

Personally, what brought me to the jungle are the great variations in terrain characteristics. The jungle biome has more variety in topographical features than any other biome so visually it isn't stale. The other biomes are just too boring. No biomes matches the jungle in regards to terrain variety. All sizes of mountains and hills can be found throughout the jungle and in great number. The steep slopes are great for defensive purposes.

The pink “X”’s are “triome” points. Triomes are tri-biome intersections. They are notable because of the much larger variety of resources and items in close proximity. There are only 15 triomes on the continent and three are at the Solaris border. Eight (53%) of these triomes are within a 48 km range of the Town of Khegport. This 48 km range is important to note due to the game developers stating that the vast majority of players will never need to travel further than 30 miles (48 km) from their homes in order to conduct business. 48 km from Khegport is the distance to the Fortuna king's palace; the approximate center of the shrublands biome, and the savannah-grassland biomes border.

48km-range-Khegport.jpg

The County of Kheg is a very short distance to the triome point that incorporates the jungle, swamp and wetlands. Additionally, there is a road that leads to this point from the county.
  1. Solaris Confederation is located in a biome that neighbors 4 other biomes. This makes it a good trading spot due to the wide variety of products that are likely to be found in the area.
  2. Kheg County consists of six settlements of which 3 are focused on the hunting industry.
  3. Kheg County is located at the start of one of the two longest rivers in the biome. It has more than 6.6 miles of waterway to exploit. This river is way beyond typical Elyrian length.
  4. The neighboring county is at the start of the other longest river. Linking the two with a straight and level road is a top priority. This will provide for efficient cargo transfer from Kheg County to the sea.
  5. Two river branches off the main one allow easier access to more people.
  6. Only the jungle biome contains all hill and mountain terrain variations.
  7. The jungle has taller mountains than the alpine.
  8. The county contains a large mountain for premium homestead protection.
  9. There are a great deal of other mountains all across 1/3rd of Kheg County.
  10. Ultra close proximity to a triome point.
  11. The neighboring jungle county of Darkal has a fort.
  12. A neighboring county has a couple of quarry towns just across the county line.
  13. Two neighboring counties have logging settlements next to the county line.
  14. It is located very close to the confederation's trade capital of Malluencora.
  15. It has 6 settlements; two of which are towns and one is a village.
  16. These 6 settlement’s primary industries are hunting, mining and forestry.
  17. The neighboring settlements are in the pottery, fishing, logging and quarry industries.
”Welcome to the jungle, we take it day by day. If you want it you're going to bleed it, but it's the price you pay.”

Exposition Plans:

• Town of Khegport: Although the county seat is listed with hunting as being the primary industry, I expect to turn it into an educational & river trade oriented town. The educational aspect would be focused on river related game play. Particularly barge/raft building.

Unselected settlements so far are: 1. Town of Bucketward - a mining town. A road leading to the county seat of Khegport will be built during exposition. This same road will intersect with a new road leading across the river to the village of Updown. With a couple of quarry towns just on the other side of the county line, I plan to make Bucketward a stone depot.

1. Village of Updown – a forestry village. A road leading across the river can be expected during exposition in addition to a road leading to Oakale.

2. Hamlet of Freerock - a hunting hamlet. A more direct road leading toward Oakale will be built during exposition.

3. Hamlet of New Beck – a hunting hamlet. I hope to connect New Beck to the neighboring counties to the west and the south. I haven't had time to coordinate this with these counts yet. I also envision a road leading along the western bank of the southern branch of the river from Khegport to New Beck. This road would be for the transfer of boat cargo from Khegport to the neighboring county's river port to the south. New Beck would not only be a port for barge traffic, but also a cargo housing/transfer hub that would include cargo from boats that couldn't make it down the shallow river. Another thing to point out about New Beck is that it is the closest settlement in Kheg County to the confederation's trade capital of Malluencora which is only two counties away. A road will be built to this capital with the intersection being located in New Beck.

4. Hamlet of Oakale – a hunting hamlet. A road will be built leading north into the neighboring county. This county is what I call a triome county because it sits at the intersection of 3 biomes and therefore would have a much wider variety of items in the area. I'd like to take advantage of this and a new road leading north near Oakale would be perfect.

All of the above settlements are ranked at least average in reference when it comes to wealth and at least six blue squares when it comes to self sustainability.

Kheg-Co-Zoom.jpg

Details on the County Seat of Khegport:

As mayor, I aim to make this settlement an education oriented mecca in order to back up the county's initiative of river commerce development. Just setting up a barge building business in Khegport will get you access to information regarding watercraft innovations. Furthermore, the honorable mayor will offer a limited number of rent free properties in the town for scholars, engineers and builders dedicated to the development and construction of innovative watercraft. With schools being being noted by SBS as needing the “higher ground” resource feature, the Town of Khegport has what it needs. Come to Khegport and start your own business in the industries of river transit or education. Our river is capable of boat traffic, stretches 6.6 miles and flows into the neighboring biome of the tropical wetlands through some of the tallest mountains in Elyria.

If any of this interests you, consider this option too: In order to get the county's push for innovation in rivercraft into 2nd gear, I can provide limited rent free property if you should locate in Khegport and help your honorable mayor create a dynamic river economy. The trade name Ryph Raft River Services (RRRS) will be a barge operator. I'll be in need of either employees or contractors to help establish a robust river economy. Barges and barge operators will be needed.

Administrative Game Goals in Greater Detail:

• Education: Education will play a big role in the county's economy for it is what will shape the duchy through advanced rivercraft. Knowledge learned here added with research and development funding is expected to parlay into engineering marvels.
  • Urban planning: As Count of Kheg, my goal is to achieve a productive intercounty connectivity. Intercounty connectivity would be infrastructure and urban planning conducted between Kheg County and its neighboring counties, regardless of duchy. I'm committed to see that Kheg County becomes synonymous with trade and feel that careful route planning is key ingredient of this.
  • Trade/commerce: Part of our plan in becoming a trade oriented county is to utilize the 6.6 mile long river that runs from Kheg County into the tropical wetlands. The county’s road network will link directly to this river at 4 locations.

The three triome combinations that the Duchy of Galladorn is set between:

1. Jungle, wetlands and swamp
    2. Jungle, swamp and salt marsh.
    3. Jungle, salt marsh and tidal marsh.

Administrative Structure

The below is the initial, basic chain of command. It largely comes from our duke's mandate regarding barons, but also provides some details on how Kheg County would fit in to it all.

The role of the baron: Pledged to the Duke directly, each Baron is assigned a specific area and act as the Aegis regional commander. Their responsibilities include the protection, law enforcement, tax collection, and other various duties within the region. They work closely with the areas Counts to address concerns and protection needs. The regions peace officers, administrators, and judges report to the Baron.

1. The count will interface regularly with their regional Aegis (a baron who is considered a commander for all intents and purposes). They will conference on all concerns and protection needs. This Aegis will be selected by the Duke of Galladorn.
  2. The count will interface with his two viscounts on all concerns and protection needs.
  3. The viscounts will interface with their two subordinate commissioners on their assigned precinct.
  4. The county commissioners will interface with the mayors and elders from the settlements of their assigned precinct.

The role of the duke:
The Duke is the leader of the praetor and empowers the branches to carry out their duty. Positions of leadership are established and/or affirmed by the Duke. Likewise laws and military actions are established and/or confirmed by the Duke.

The role of the Praetor: The protective body of the Duchy acting as both sword and shield. The Praetor are not only soldiers but also peace officers, administrators, investigators, and circuit judges. Its ranks are made up of those able and willing to act in the best interest of the Duchy as well as the protection and prosperity of its citizens. The Duke is the leader of the praetor and empowers the branches to carry out their duty. The Praetor is comprised of two divisions: 1. Praetor Militarium - Both sword and shield of the Duchy. Made up of those men and women that have proven themselves competent in battle and willing to put themselves in danger for the people. Is commanded by the Master of Battle. The Master of Battle (MOB) is the General of the Army and is responsible for military training academies, raising the army, and securing the borders. What is important for us to note regarding the county's internal administrative structure is that the Master of Battle coordinates with the counties via the duchy's barons. What the barons receive from the counts is passed on up the chain to the MOB and vice versa. It then is provided to the duke when the duchy's ministry meets.
2. Praetor Magisterium - The circuit judges and peace officers of the Duchy. During times of peace these individuals ensure the smooth day to day operations. Law enforcement, adjudication, and resolution of different situations is their purview. Is commanded by the Enforcer of Law.

Population Watch

To ensure we don't experience overpopulation, we plan to be conservative on the number of people we allow to populate the county. Assistance from statisticians is highly sought on this. My initial thoughts are to use the figures of the high end of the population count in conjunction with the low end of the parcel count to provide us with an absolute worst case scenario in potential overcrowding. Currently our goal is to increase the county population by 429 people (be them land owners or renters; players or NPC). This number is somewhat conservative and will change as more data is uncovered.

“Kheg County is preparing to think outside the box of the dark ages and into the next age.” – Count/Mayor Zii Ryph, 803 of the 4th Age.

Domain & Settlement Stats:

Kheg-Khegport-census.jpg

Kheg County's Aim in Innovation in Greater Detail:

Innovations in river transport: The county will have a large research and development budget to help ensure the watercraft on our river is efficient in terms of use and cost. One of the goals we hope to achieve is the advancement of watercraft propulsion. As we try to make river operations easier, we expect the county's R&D into watercraft engineering to stay ahead of weapon technology..

With the goal to turn clay into brick, a great deal of funding will be put into pottery advances too. In the end, if we have learned to make structures stronger and at less cost with a reduction in build time, we're successful. Our dedication to advancements in river watercraft engineering will be unsurpassed.

This in turn has led me to a decision to put county funding into barge and raft engineering innovations. Of course all crafting is supported within Kheg County, I just adamant to provide the people of the county with a sound river economy. Because of this I hope to make the county to become known for something and barge/raft building fit right into river commerce.
Hopefully, you've been inspired to look into the construction industry as your business venture, and will consider joining me in Khegport. At the absolute very least, I hope you will join the Solaris Confederation as you figure out your business plans.

Personal Game Plans:

I'll start out doing engineering and construction with both wood and stone. When there is a lull in county engineering projects, I will work as a private contractor doing business as New Age Engineering on non-county related projects specifically in the “stake-out” phase. Thus, my occupation title is Engineer/Surveyor/Mason/Carpenter. Additionally, I'll have House Ryph to run also. House Ryph is intended to be the catalyst for the modern architectural movement yet to come to the southern region of Elyria.

”Welcome to the jungle. It gets worse here day by day. You learn to live like an animal in the jungle where we play. If you've got hunger for what you see, you should take it eventually. You can have everything you want, but better not take it from me.”

A Quick Run Down:

• County name: Kheg
  • County seat: Town of Khegport
  • Settlement's primary industry: Dual industry – Education in river related subjects including navigation and barge building (also hunting by SBS default)
  • Top professions in the county seat: hunter, fisherman, constable, furrier & potter. Notable professions: spy, dungeoneer, tanner, carver & stationer
  • Top professions in Kheg County: hunter, furrier, soldier, woodworker, constable. Notable professions: dungeoneer, ranger, tanner, carver & hunter
  • County biome: Tropical Rainforest
  • Kingdom: Solaris Confederation within the Kingdom of Kairos
  • Duchy: Galladorn
  • Full name: Zii Ryph
  • Titles: Khount of Kheg, Mayor of Khegport,
  • Noble house: House Ryph (river cargo transit association)
  • Profession: Barge captain d.b.a. Ryph Raft River Services (RRRS)
  • Tribe: Janoa
The main goal is to get the counties waterway turned into a robust, river commerce county.
  • This is done in parts by the Town of Khegport possessing a high ground feature/resource where they can learn about barge operation and river navigation.
  • The second ingredient is funding for watercraft R&D.
  • The third ingredient is to assemble a PvP marine team that will protect the waterways by patrol on rafts.
  • The fourth ingredient is to attract raft and barge builders to the area. The Town of Khegport will use rent free property as an incentive.
Links:

Duchy Discord link

Detailed settlement info link

Come rumble in the jungle of Kheg Khounty.

Mock-ups of the two government flags:

D-S-Flags-August2019.jpg

Kheg-Fourm-banner-Solaris-Confed.jpg Link to recruitment post If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.