COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Missed Settlement Selection

Hello,

To start off, I have the bloodline tier but missed the recent settlement selection due to work. I still have the settlement item in my inventory. Will I be able to still pick a settlement in the near future?

Thanks in advance.

10/2/2019 12:34:54 PM #1

You should be able to on Oct 7th. I am not sure on exact timing though

10/2/2019 12:42:24 PM #2

If you have a Mayor upgrade you'll be able to pick on and after Oct. 7, however if your just in a bloodline package it is not part of D&SS.

10/2/2019 12:48:36 PM #3

Posted By Lulls at 08:42 AM - Wed Oct 02 2019

If you have a Mayor upgrade you'll be able to pick on and after Oct. 7, however if your just in a bloodline package it is not part of D&SS.

Oh that's right. Missed the OP's bloodline package. You will however get a chance to buy a settlement in the 'Settlers of Elyria' event. A date for that is yet to be announced

10/2/2019 12:53:07 PM #4

Correct, TBA date for settlers of Elyria for dutch auctions.

Settlers of Elyria News Link

10/3/2019 1:22:08 PM #5

Part of the description for gentry is, "you are a sanctioned landowner". A bit deceiving.

However, thanks for the answers!

10/3/2019 1:31:18 PM #6

That probably refers to the exposition points you have been allotted with your package. You can buy parcels of land with them during exposition. I believe it is 100EP for bloodline.

10/3/2019 2:03:51 PM #7

Sanctioned landowner means you will start in exposition with the ability to claim land as having always been in your family. Not sure if you need to use your EP for that initial claim or not (I would have thought not but Sonoval's comment causes me to doubt).

10/3/2019 2:37:58 PM #8

The included EP in the gentry packages are there to purchase land in Expo if you want. For instance the proprietor package to setup a store front or inn, ect. You can also choose to lease land from the count or settlement and use your included EP for other items.

Divide et Impera

10/3/2019 2:38:18 PM #9

To inherit land from NPC parents, you will need to earn a certain amount of favor with them. It will not be automatic from what I understand. If you choose to be a ward of the state, there is no option but to use EP.

On Inheritance

3/8/2020 3:55:50 PM #10

I missed out on Settlement Selection. Am I simply not able to claim one now? I got Mayor Pledge.

Fimbulheim

3/8/2020 4:14:48 PM #11

Posted By GRIMNIR at 08:55 AM - Sun Mar 08 2020

I missed out on Settlement Selection. Am I simply not able to claim one now? I got Mayor Pledge.

You didn't miss out friend, Settlers of Elyria is on pause due to technical difficulties and upgrading the system, but once it continues it should remain open for the near future even after the event finishes for people that want to purchase or upgrade domains.

If you already have a mayor pledge and it will not let you claim on the domain selection page then it is temporarily disabled until they fix the bugs that were going on with the event.

It was shared that the hope is to get it running again within the month, but sbs hasn't officially announced a date for when it will get back up just that it was a goal.

3/9/2020 7:35:09 AM #12

Brilliant, thanks for the answer.

Fimbulheim