COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
[Show Us Your Domain] Filtiarn

alt text

I have told you many times of my adventures, there are many marvellous and wonderful things to see in this world. Now I feel the relentless march of time on my back and old age creeping in, I am not the same man I once was.

I long for the paths that go ever on. To explore once again the white mountains of Demalion, the deserts of Nirath or the towering military strongholds of Arkadia. But there is one place my heart truly longs for, a place of rest and laughter where spirits are full and the people proud. The like of which you will not easily find in the world today.

In Al-Khezam within the duchy of Tyr Nansur she lies, guarding the gates of the West on the banks of the river you will find Filtiarn. A peaceful town, where children explore the landscape and people fish in the river. Any who enter her boarders feel the calm and rest only home brings. The walls are thick and the people strong, in both body and mind.

The skyline is dominated by the fortress of Baron Wolftrax, rivalled only by Filtiarn Academy, headed by Grand Master Nil-Virith. Never before have I seen a place where unique among his peers, a Baron treated body and mind as equally valuable, making Filtiarn a bastion of progress.

alt text

The academy was founded on the ruins of Filtiarns Oak Library; which was burned and destroyed by an ignorant and fearful population during the Searing Plague. Nothing of the original library remains and the few records that were saved have been handed down by the Virith family, who have always valued education and intelligence above material gain and power. Struggling for generations to safeguard these records, they found an ally in the Wolftrax family.

Baron Largan Wolftrax saw the benefit of an educated population and using his family’s power and resources commissioned the construction of the Filtiarn Academy, under the stewardship of Nil Virith. As a result, the academy exists in a relative state of independence. Outside the city walls, built as both a scholastic institution and its own fortress, the Academy pursues its own goals without interference from politics.

The town maintains strong personal ties with Countess Aiya and Duke Nansur to the East. A key trade route runs through Filtiarn, its markets known far and wide. Crops are tended and horses bred allowing Filtiarn to export just as much as she imports. You are sure to find more than just goods here as the people are the true treasure of Filtiarn living in peace and prosperity.

alt text

The golden fields and rich harvests make it easy to miss that this is a military stronghold, boasting a standing army ready to answer the call of war. Trained within a formal barracks the soldiers here are disciplined and committed to maintaining peace and security in the kingdom. Both the Baron and the Academy work in unison to prevent war and prepare for it, new weapons are researched but also diplomacy is taught and knowledge gathered. For not only is the Baron unique in his endeavours but so too is the Grand Master of the academy.

He alone has created formal knowledge seekers, tasked with traversing the great unknown to return with the most valuable resource of all, information. in strength of arms and raw information Filtiarn is unrivalled and her people fashion this commodity into whatever their will and determination can conceive.

In addition to the glorious armies of Filtiarn are the rangers, fast moving scouts who inform not only the Baron but the entire duchy of military movements. Invaluable to kingdom defence. I even heard rumours of a monster hunter living on the outskirts of the town, defending her from the most vile of beasts.

Beyond the simple trade and work of normal life and in addition to the natural beauties of Filtiarn stands a grand arena. Where legendary warriors prove their skill to the cheers of the crowd, and grand plays are performed.

But I feel a change in the air, the cold East winds blow again and the nights grow long, Much of what was has been lost and what is to come remains uncertain...

If this town of old is to endure and maintain the safety and happiness of her people. New defences and greater learning are a necessity. Trade routes must be secured, bonds strengthened as the watchful night closes in.

alt text

alt text

10/4/2019 10:34:18 AM #1

Good to see this is up, love the story style

alt text

10/4/2019 11:33:26 AM #2

Wonderful reading. I expect a fruitful exchange of knowledge between your Academy and my Arkana. Looking forward to it.

10/4/2019 3:09:42 PM #3

Very nice story. I love that im being included. Good Read and best town.

alt text

10/5/2019 8:21:16 AM #4

Very nice reading. Good luck!