COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
can some one explain to me whats goin on

like what is all these kickstarter games goin on? we cant get into the game how are we suppose to be participating .. i spent 185 buck on this game i havent gotten nothing what am i suppose to be doin right now?

10/5/2019 10:55:15 PM #1

We are currently in Pre-Alpha. The Kickstarter anniversary currently being celebrated is done to commemorate when the Kickstarter campaign began. The studio offers various "rare" items for use in-game.

It is a time where we can support the studio and their vision by purchasing items for our characters and domains when the game releases.

Some may not understand why some of us spend as we do, but the studio is not backed by a large investor. They rely on us, the community, to fund their dream (and ours). I love that I am able to contribute what I can to help see this game become a reality.

As far as what you are "supposed" to do right now, that is your decision. You can become a member of a community which have formed to organize ideas and domains for when the game launches. You can do nothing, just sit back and wait for something playable to be released. You can particiapte in the discords and learn all you can about the game, again preparing for when we have a playable version.

10/5/2019 11:00:33 PM #2

Kickstarter projects are usually there to raise funds for the development of the project. That means there is nothing tangible for backers to do but wait for the project to complete.

There is currently nothing to play for Chronicles of Elyria as it is in pre-alpha development. About the only thing you can do right now is follow the developer blogs, forums, discord to get to know the community and to check progress once in a while.

10/5/2019 11:01:40 PM #3

In addition to the things Stelaphina listed there are usually some kind of community run events, livestreams, and even contests running that you can see listed here: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/25992/community-contests-events-directory

My personal favorite being a drawing/raffle that can end in people getting other games for free run by Hellmoon here

10/5/2019 11:03:47 PM #4

thanks for the info i jus wanted to make sure i wasnt missing out on something i already paid for

10/10/2019 1:24:44 PM #5

Yeah... basically keep up on the forums and go play insert "X" inferior game while waiting, frothing at the mouth with all your hopes & entire soul for COE.

10/10/2019 1:53:33 PM #6

Posted By Sonoval at 7:00 PM - Sat Oct 05 2019

That means there is nothing tangible for backers to do but wait for the project to complete.

There is currently nothing to play for Chronicles of Elyria as it is in pre-alpha development.

Well no, most other indie MMORPG KSers have playable test environments which backers are able to access to varying degrees depending on their pledge status.

This list includes CU, SC, Ashes, CF, SoL, Pantheon, and DU for sure.

Of this group only SC exceeds COE in terms of aggressive and continual fund raising from their backers. All of them have some form of outside investment to assist with development.

Time for SBS to step up to the next level and start playing with the big kidz.

These inconvenient facts brought to you by those who live under the bridge.

😈

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT