COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Share Art, Win Games! COE Inktober 2019

COE Inktober 2019

For those who may not be familiar with Inktober, it’s the magical time of year when artists from all backgrounds and proficiency levels challenge themselves to do one ink drawing a day based on one word, throughout the month of October (October 1st - October 31st). It asks people to challenge their creativity and skill to portray something original and to then share it with their peers.

This is not a competition

Anyone can do Inktober, all it takes is a pen and a piece of paper! AND - Did I mention there are some incentives?

Incentives!

There will be four raffles, each based on the level of participation! The more you participate, the more raffles you get entered into! Example: If you submit 30 drawings to this forum post, you get entered into all four raffles and have the chance to win all 4 prizes! (These are all PC game codes, sent in the form of a Humble Bundle gift link)

Tier 1: 5 days of drawings

Raffle Prize: Bastion

Tier 2:16 days of drawings

Raffle Prize: Hollow Knight

Tier 3: 21 days of drawings

Raffle Prize: Pillars of Eternity & Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor GoTY

Tier 4: 30 days of drawings

Raffle Prize: Kingdom Come: Deliverance & Assassins Creed: Origins

Don’t want to draw?

Constructive, helpful, or supportive comments on this post will get the participant one entry for a special forum activity raffle:
(maximum one comment entry per day, starting on October 1st EST)

Prize: Dungeons 3

Winners will be announced sometime after the submission window closes and then contacted via website DM to make sure they want their prize!

Rules

• To participate, account creation must have been in July 2019 or earlier
  • The final drawing must be in ink (you may do an underdrawing in pencil) or digital art is allowed.
  • Drawings must somehow relate to the word, you may supply informative text if you feel it needs to be explained more thoroughly, on either the drawing itself or on the forum reply.
  • To qualify for incentives, all drawings must be submitted on this forum post, on or before November 2nd EST.
  • No NSFW or NDA-protected content.
  • No entry may violate either the Chronicles of Elyria Code of Conduct or Terms of Use
  • Drawings will only count as raffle entries if the submission guidelines are followed.
  • Drawings MUST be your own, if you are found to have taken someone else’s work, you will be disqualified.

Submission Guidelines

• Drawings must include the day and the term written somewhere on the paper.
  • Drawings can be submitted daily or in bulk, on or before the Nov. 2nd deadline
  • Drawings may be embedded into forum comments or in an imgur album (therefore must be jpeg or png) Submissions must be in this forum post.

Prompts!

Share your inktober with the world! If you post on twitter, include me (@HellmoonHV) so I can see it and retweet it! If you want to use a tag, use #COEinktober2019

9/22/2019 4:48:24 PM #1

FAQ

Can I see an example of what submissions should look like?
Example submission (my personal Inktober participation from last year, it’s non-coe related though)

What if it’s hard to tell how my drawing is COE related?
I fully expect some drawings to not be as obvious as others, as long as it is relatable to the prompt (and not just some random drawing instead) you should be fine!

I can’t think of what to draw, what do I do?
Think about the prompt, is it an adjective or a noun? Can it be both? What’s related to this prompt? What’s the meaning of the word as it relates to COE?

How do I embed images in my comment reply?
Use this forum markdown but without the spaces or quotation marks (include all symbols, links should have .png or .jpeg/.jpg at the end):
"! [ ] (link)"

How much time should each of the drawings take?
It should take anywhere from 30min to however long you want to put into the drawing. I will count unfinished drawings, as long as some effort was put into them!

What if I miss a prompt/day?
Since I’m accepting drawings in bulk, you can always draw multiple prompts on the same day - however I count drawings not prompts. So if you submit one drawing with two prompts on it, while creative, it will only be accepted as 1 drawing.

Don’t see your question? Ask in the forum thread!

9/22/2019 4:54:06 PM #2

Guess this gives another incentive for me try do inktober... Thanks so much Hellmoon!

"Sometimes, you just have to sit and watch the world burn."

9/22/2019 4:59:06 PM #3

Posted By Zyarch at 12:54 PM - Sun Sep 22 2019

Guess this gives another incentive for me try do inktober... Thanks so much Hellmoon!

Yay! That's what I love to hear! I can't wait to see your work! :-)

9/29/2019 3:03:27 PM #4

The contest is nearing its start date! Woo!

10/1/2019 5:07:47 PM #5

Here's my contribution of the day. It is my very very first time participating in something like this, so I might be doing something wrong. Let me know if that's the case.

I started with a couple of crude sketches until I came up with the idea that the soul is not really something you draw but rather something that you DONT draw... so instead of showing it by drawing it, I wanted to show it by drawing attention to what you cannot see.. I hope that explanation doesn't overcomplicate things.

I ended up with a digital painting - I hope that still works.

This is my contribution today:

Here my process: Sketch:

1. Attempt:

2.Attempt:

1. Attempt:

But less is more, so I simplified and ended up with what you see at the top. I expect future contributions to be less ... extensive...

10/1/2019 5:18:12 PM #6

Awesome work and our very first entry! I love ALL of it! I was considering including digital art with traditional - I will amend the rules to make it more concrete :)

Don't forget - everyone viewing this post and who comments on the art/the contest/supportive/etc (who isn't already posting art) can comment and get entered into a drawing for "Dungeons 3" (very fun & humorous dungeon management game)

10/1/2019 5:29:09 PM #7

First word of the month is:

SOUL

Souls in Chronicles of Elyria are "the complete set of memories, experiences, and past lives of a character." Source-COE Wiki Page

Souls have different characteristics, they can be different colors (or attunements), affinity, and also have an age associated once they are used more than once per lifetime that provide skill ramps in later characters that make it easier to train in skills that the soul encountered in a past lifetime. Lastly, each soul has a kindred spirit, twin, or Soulmate that is identical to the soul in every way (though may be an unplayed soul at any point in time)

10/2/2019 12:14:00 AM #8

My depiction of "Soul" :-)

10/2/2019 9:21:59 AM #9

Today's work: A tome (an atlas of the Selene server)

Alt text - can be left blank

10/2/2019 5:07:18 PM #10

Awesome work!

Today's word is "Tome"

Simpler than soul but could be more complex! Tribes may have different looking tomes in their covers or pages. Religions as well, have fun with it! :)

10/2/2019 5:15:37 PM #11

Better late than never, here's my stuff! Apparently I'm in a floral mood.

Soul

alt

Tome

alt

10/2/2019 11:52:50 PM #12

Day 2!

10/3/2019 2:58:37 PM #13

Day 3 is:

Crown

Crowns can come in many shapes and sizes depending on the wearer and where they come from! Are they Kypiq with leaves and vines interlaced with gemstones and gold? Or could they be Hrothi or Brudvir that double as supplementary heat source with fur attached? So many possibilities :-)

10/3/2019 5:52:14 PM #14

Today's contribution

Day 3: Crown

This crown is very simple and inspired by the story of Angelica and Luna. The magic of light and darkness is embedded into the crown, combining both in a belt that connects them to each other but never makes them touch.

10/3/2019 7:11:44 PM #15

Nice work, very pretty! I love the brush effects on it :)