COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
SHINY DAY (11/27/2019) - A menagerie in the tropics!

Greetings Elyrians!

Technically, tomorrow is the shiniest of days, but here in the US tomorrow is also the day we celebrate Thanksgiving. For us, tomorrow is a day for spending time with family and/or old friends. It's a day for making sure that all of the worldly connections that make it possible for each of us to pour our hearts and souls into Elyria are healthy, and that those that support us each individually understand how much it means for us that they are there.

It may not come as a surprise to you, but at Soulbound, and as a studio, we're most thankful for the support of the community. Without you, our quest to realize the world of Elyria would be impossible. That's not hyperbole. That's not even overstatement. You make our work possible, and I honestly don't think we can express our gratitude enough.

In that light, there was no way we could really skip this Shiny day, local holiday or not!

Today I wanted to share with you a collection of fast sketches Heat produced back when we were figuring out what the various members of the tropical wetlands ecosystem would look like.

(Click the image to see it full size)

Fast sketches like these are important, because they allow us designers to rapidly collaborate with the amazing artists of the art guild. Not every animal here will look like this when they finally make it into the game, but each version represents some facets of the idea of each creature that we are, or have been, pursuing.

I wasn't a fan at first, but I have to admit the "muskbat" there has definitely grown on me since these images were first produced. I have a few other favorites in the menagerie too, but I won't bias you with my opinions. :)

And because we cannot say it enough, let me say again, from the bottom of our hearts and with every ounce of humility and gratitude we can muster: THANK YOU ELYRIANS!

We will return to our regular shiny schedule next week, but until then...

Stay shiny my friends!

• Snipehunter
11/28/2019 2:32:57 AM #1

Fluffy

11/28/2019 2:33:47 AM #2

I spy a jackalope

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

11/28/2019 2:33:55 AM #3

wow love the water buffalo

From Our Farm Gate To Your Dinner Plate.

Friend Code : EE5C8E

11/28/2019 2:34:39 AM #4

I think the cat's head is a little to small for its body

Those who patiently wait... are fools muhahahaha!!! Newds.

11/28/2019 2:35:32 AM #5

Posted By DontAskY at 6:34 PM - Wed Nov 27 2019

He's a very swol boi in that iteration, no question. :)

• Snipehunter
11/28/2019 2:36:08 AM #6

well shit, I don't wanna redraw my coat of arms

11/28/2019 2:42:42 AM #7

AMINALZZZZZ!!!!

Contact me via Discord if you would like more information, or to coordinate breeding programs: https://discord.gg/XaVU6z @KrivAldent#7561

Head Beastmonger and Proctor Pferden Atem College of Animal Husbandry The University of Weißerstein at Trausthafen The Kingdom of Vornair, Luna

11/28/2019 2:49:20 AM #8

The Waterbuffalo look tasty....

11/28/2019 2:59:08 AM #9

Posted By Snipehunter at 9:35 PM - Wed Nov 27 2019

Posted By DontAskY at 6:34 PM - Wed Nov 27 2019

He's a very swol boi in that iteration, no question. :)

He is fat not a swol boi lol

Those who patiently wait... are fools muhahahaha!!! Newds.

11/28/2019 3:07:27 AM #10

Lol, solid progress.

Novigrad County~ Together we stand strong and bring despair to those who dare cross us.

11/28/2019 3:25:16 AM #11

I think I need a bigger fly swatter.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

11/28/2019 4:08:12 AM #12

Bear cat is chonky!

Reese "Legendary Neurotoxin" Holland - COE Reddit Mod - Game Dev, but not on CoE. Talkshow on https://www.twitch.tv/theoryforge on Sundays with the rest of the Theory Forge crew!

11/28/2019 8:49:05 AM #13

I'm really glad to see the big fella that looks like a water buffalo, it was one of the critters that I thought warm wetlands ought to have.

11/28/2019 12:45:36 PM #14

Can't wait to see them ingame!

Duke of Turadh Friend Code 1537DA

Alt text - can be left blank

11/28/2019 12:49:26 PM #15

So are these creatures already created in-game and we are just seeing the sketch or are they all still in the sketch-only phase?