COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Settlements and other related questions

I backed during Kickstarter, but am just now getting up to speed with the development of the game. At this point, I'm trying to get to grips with the settlements. I've tried reading forum posts and articles, but haven't found what I'm looking for. If there's posts or threads that would be helpful, that would be great.

At minimum, I'm thinking of upgrading to the Bloodline package, and acquiring a settlement. My first question is related to Mayors and Barons. How do you differentiate between the two, and if a settlement is claimed before the county has been claimed can you still go the baron route?

If you have a mayor package, can you claim a town, or are you limited to a village or hamlet? And if you decided to upgrade before launch, are you paying the full price, or the difference between the two? I hope that makes sense. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth starting with a settlement, or go straight to county.

If during the auction you claim a county, do you have to upgrade your pledge, or is Bloodline sufficient?

12/22/2019 2:08:24 AM #1
  1. At the moment, all settlement owners are Mayors. There are no barons at the moment, they won't exist until a Duke appoints them. I suggest reading DJ 18 - Kingdom and Land Management
  2. With a Mayor Package you can claim any settlement that is available regardless of tier.
  3. When upgrading packages, you pay the difference between the two. But the Aristocracy and Noble Packages are gone from the store. Now you can still buy the Gentry Packages in the store and buy the title upgrade only (through the Domains portal where the Domain and Settlement Selection happened and now the Settlers of Elyria auction is now taking place) so you can still get to be a Mayor of a settlement/Count of a county/Duke of a Duchy/King of a kingdom, but you are not able to obtain the full package upgrade and thus miss out on the side benefits (more EP, design experiences, etc.) of the higher tier packages.

12/22/2019 8:59:59 PM #2

I acquired a city with my Magistrate package,I believe bloodline+ can purchase anything up to an entire county during the present event.

12/23/2019 9:12:12 AM #3

Posted By AkinToSin at 12:59 PM - Sun Dec 22 2019

I acquired a city with my Magistrate package,I believe bloodline+ can purchase anything up to an entire county during the present event.

You can go higher than a county if it is available.

12/24/2019 3:43:53 AM #4

One more question. If I claimed a village settlement in a county, and then upgraded to claim the county. I’m assuming that the town would still be available, and I would be stuck with the village? Or would the village be upgraded to town?

12/24/2019 5:02:35 AM #5

You would have to buy the village first and then buy the county.

If you’re buying the county straight out you’re required to buy the town not the village and it wouldn’t upgrade.