COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Settlers of Elyria Update

Greetings and Salutations Elyrians,

I wanted to take a couple minutes to address Settlers of Elyria, to thank you for your continued patience, and to bring you all in on our plan moving forward.

First, let me address what we are doing right now. Presently we are working on bringing the Domains portal back online. However, Settlers of Elyria will be suspended, meaning purchasing will be disabled, along with the flash sales and progressive discount, but you'll be able to view the current prices and ownership.

Second, we are working to resolve the issues we uncovered, as well as build new unit tests to find any other bugs we might have missed or introduced. Yet, with just hours before the holidays there is insufficient time for us to do the necessary work in a way that respects the team's need for time off, and you, our community's, time during the holidays. This means we won’t be putting this plan into action until after the break. This means you'll be getting an update on our current status and progress after the new year.

Third, once we have addressed the root cause of the issues, and not the symptoms, we’ll be announcing a date for our relaunch of the event. We’re listening to your feedback and want to provide you - our incredible, passionate, dedicated community - ample notice.

Finally, let me take a moment to talk about what all this means for the event. While we are suspending the event in full, we won't be rolling back any successful sales for those players that managed to make a claim. When the event resumes, NPC claims will be reset, there will be new Flash Sales, and progressive discount prices will begin counting down at -3%.

From everyone here, I just want to wish you all a happy and safe holiday. We hope you get a chance to spend some quality time with your friends and loved ones. And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, thank you guys for your support. Having you cheering us on is what keeps us going every day, no joke.

It’s been an interesting first week on the job.

-Kain

12/24/2019 12:26:21 AM #1

No apology? I mean, kudos for not working through the holidays but I think personally an apology is in order for launching without user-space testing that would uncover these obvious bugs.

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

12/24/2019 12:27:53 AM #2

humm

12/24/2019 12:36:08 AM #3

Why stop/restart it at 3% when it was announced today (5% day)? It was officially ticking down till this announcement :P

12/24/2019 12:36:50 AM #4

-3% is three days worth of decrease. We are well beyond that now. Does that mean we will not get the full -45% decrease or does that mean the end date of this promotion will be extended further into February?

12/24/2019 12:36:55 AM #5

Happy Christmas and New year to all of you at SbS.

12/24/2019 12:38:17 AM #6

Site went down right after this was posted lmfao 2gb ram

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

12/24/2019 12:38:45 AM #7

wE aRe ThE sToRm!

Caspian - 2019

Upvoting and downvoting indiscriminately

12/24/2019 12:41:40 AM #8

Happy no one has to work through their holidays to fix this whole mess. But honestly, learn from this! Never plan to release something right when holidays are coming. Stop teasing on discord that "surprises" are coming.

I honestly doubt anyone would have overall cared if this didn't start until next year. Stop putting so much pressure on yourselves. Enjoy your holidays.

12/24/2019 12:42:40 AM #9

COE Definition: when a tornado hits a septic tank.

12/24/2019 12:45:17 AM #10

One day, we'll have one update / promised feature that works as intended, without having to take it down and work through issues for X more months.

One day.

12/24/2019 12:45:54 AM #11

I can only agree with Gunnlang's words - well said!

I wish everyone a happy holiday and a great time with family and friends <3

12/24/2019 12:47:19 AM #12

how about when this "auction" is over you release some actual game-play footage and give us a indicator when we are able to have any playable feature like prelyria. That would be cool

I love jumping around in a Voxel assets

12/24/2019 12:49:11 AM #13

Posted By Stundar at 01:47 AM - Tue Dec 24 2019

how about when this "auction" is over you release some actual game-play footage and give us a indicator when we are able to have any playable feature like prelyria. That would be cool

I believe the studio decided against dropping dates pre-maturely. They'll let us know when they feel comfortable with releasing prelyria c;

12/24/2019 12:49:14 AM #14

Posted By Thelmund at 10:45 AM - Tue Dec 24 2019

One day, we'll have one update / promised feature that works as intended, without having to take it down and work through issues for X more months.

One day.

These issues will be pawned off after pretending to do a massive amount of work for at least 3 more years. Don't worry guys we are the storm.

12/24/2019 12:56:16 AM #15

Why not just sell the mayor packs and count packs and be done with it? At least that system has been proven to work without fiddling with this system for weeks and wasting time and manpower after the holidays. This auction system is a cash grab and a dead end and a disgrace to the studio's reputation or what still remains of it.

You should just revert the changes, use the proven DSS system, sell the mayor, count, duke, or king packs and call it one. You can beat a dead horse and it might twich a couple times but its still a dead horse at the end of the day no matter how much you dissect it.

As president Nixon's head says in futurama "It's time to cut this turd loose".

There is so much more this time, money, and effort could have been spent on...

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.