COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Settlers of Elyria Event Update

My Elyrian friends

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and new years filled with good times and good people. As promised, I wanted to take some time to speak with you about our plans for the Settlers of Elyria event, and what that means for future events and website features.

Let me start with talking about what we are working on. First, we are addressing the fundamental issue with why Settlers buckled under load. This is in part an architectural problem, and part a design problem. We are fixing this issue now that it is well understood. Second, several other bugs did manifest due to planning and testing that turned out to be incomplete. We are working on these, as well as the necessary quality control. Finally, with our added UX and UI team members, we are exploring improvements to the Domain and Settlement Selection map. We are doing all of this so that when we re-launch the event we are delivering work of a higher caliber and quality.

With that said, this means our original product plan for the website and web features has taken a scheduling hit. This is not at all insurmountable, but it means the web team needs to continue planning carefully. As a studio, our main focus is building toward our Pre-Alpha. I am helming our efforts when it comes to online experiences, outside of the game, which means I’m focused on building tools and experiences for all of our backers to be a part of the story and legend of Chronicles of Elyria while the core game team focuses on the Pre-Alpha.

I look forward to sharing more details about future events, as well as progress on Settlers in the very near future. It is important that we show you, rather than tell you, we are making progress. So my next update will be when we can show you the efforts we have made, and the great results of our hard work.

With that, I’ll take my leave, and get back to work.

P.S. thank you all for the warm welcome. :)

1/10/2020 9:34:38 PM #1

Hrm

1/10/2020 9:35:31 PM #2

Good luck with the work. Looking forward to Pre-Alpha :)

House Storm

1/10/2020 9:36:21 PM #3

as long as it is done right and correct, take your time...we want quality! thank you dev team

1/10/2020 9:38:05 PM #4

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to what 2020 brings from Soulbound! :)

1/10/2020 9:38:12 PM #5

We understand. SBS is entering its 4th year soon with a tiny, tiny team making a large, complex game.

The sane among us understand. After all, RDR2 took ten years to make, even with a huge team, a largely prebuilt engine, and tons of assets from prior games.

Click banner to learn more. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

1/10/2020 9:39:47 PM #6

Thank you so much for the update and for fixing some bugs! Best of luck guys!

1/10/2020 9:40:34 PM #7

Hopefully the same guy that wrote this is not the same... oh. Never mind. (Hire an English major)

Contact me via Discord if you would like more information, or to coordinate breeding programs: https://discord.gg/XaVU6z @KrivAldent#7561

Head Beastmonger and Proctor Pferden Atem College of Animal Husbandry The University of Weißerstein at Trausthafen The Kingdom of Vornair, Luna

1/10/2020 9:40:47 PM #8

Now this is an update.

Thank you.

Imgur

1/10/2020 9:45:58 PM #9

Good luck guys.

1/10/2020 9:47:56 PM #10

Is Settlers currently the primary focus for the entire team, or is there still concurrent development on pre-alpha and/or other areas?

1/10/2020 9:50:56 PM #11

@Ashkain

I hope that you are up to the task with events and such as SBS up to this point has drastically underestimated how players think and how we will use the events.

All you guys had to do to fix this was to revert the whole system and offer the packs again for Mayor, Count, duke, king and use the que system for those who purchase those packs rather than this whole free for all chaos. Thats it.

Doing all this extra work for a system we will use once is a waste of resources, time, money, and effort. Talk some sense into the devs man.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

1/10/2020 9:52:04 PM #12

Straight to the core and direct communication.

Thank you for the update, it has provided some confidence in your abilities already. Hope you deliver and good luck with the cleaning up.

1/10/2020 9:53:11 PM #13

Finally, with our added UX and UI team members, we are exploring improvements to the Domain and Settlement Selection map. We are doing all of this so that when we re-launch the event we are delivering work of a higher caliber and quality.

With that said, this means our original product plan for the website and web features has taken a scheduling hit.

It doesn't need to be made to look super pretty or anything, just as long as it is functional and we have the information we need to make a decision. Do not want unneeded delays.

1/10/2020 9:57:49 PM #14

Well, I guess this will be a rather quick example of how much of an upgrade to the studio those two new team members are going to be when it comes to what they do to the DSS maps.

This all sounds a bit daunting. Hopefully it is not and wont push back your schedules too much. It had appeared like this was going to be a very busy year.

1/10/2020 10:01:28 PM #15

Thank you for staying connected with the community and your informative updates! They are much appreciated.

Question for you though... Is it possible somehow for your team to set up some type of scenario to stress test the website or do you think that unnecessary?