COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Research

Now, I read the Dev Journals and read up on as much as I could find, but does anyone have like a simplified version for me to get? I think I understand it, but I don't know, this whole game is turning out to be slightly more complex than I originally thought.

5/9/2016 12:53:50 AM #1

Apparently, you can only do it while online, not with OPC, and it is a passive effect that functions while you craft, with a slider based toggle that can allow you to focus more on research or on production, with additional risk factors potentially occurring at the same time.

You will not know how long any research endeavor will take or how you are progressing, so it will be "dicovery" based.

5/9/2016 12:54:29 AM #2

The way I read it goes like this:

At level x in production skill a new box will be unlocked when crafting in that skill allowing you to either make "production" or "research" quality goods. When choosing research you'll get a box showing a list of "problems" that need solving that you can contribute research to. Once you select that item/problem you craft it, using up more resources than normal, and that contributes an unseen amount of xp to the unseen research bar. Once the bar is filled the problem is solved and you can create the new technology.

Tir Slaes

5/9/2016 1:23:56 AM #3

@Voidrider @Zehk

Thank you guys!! That really does clear it up a ton. So thank you again :)

5/9/2016 2:10:56 AM #4

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

12/5/2018 9:17:26 PM #5

Posted By Flashman at 8:10 PM - Sun May 08 2016

Here's how I explained it on my blog...

This site can’t be reached elyriajournal.com’s server IP address could not be found. Try:

Checking the connection Checking the proxy, firewall, and DNS configuration Running Windows Network Diagnostics ERRNAMENOT_RESOLVED

12/6/2018 1:21:07 AM #6

Posted By mcurtis at 2:17 PM - Wed Dec 05 2018

This site can’t be reached elyriajournal.com’s server IP address could not be found.

The post IS from over 2 years ago, it's entirely possible the person is no longer maintaining it.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C