COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Unofficial Compilation of CoE Q&A Website

Hello everyone,

I have created a website to hold all the questions and answers held by the developers.

This site allows you to search for questions/answers, filter by tags and it also support multilanguage so the questions and answers can be translated in other languages.

Here is the link: Unofficial Compilation of Chronicles of Elyria Q&A

You don't need to register to use the site. Registration is only needed for collaborators.

Examples of possible searches:
  • combat style => List all the questions that has either "combat" or "style"
  • "combat style" => List all the questions that has the phrase "combat style"
  • "combat" "style" => List all the questions that has both "combat" and "style"
  • combat -style => List all the questions tha has "combat" but doesn't have "style".

Collaborators needed:

Currently we are looking for people to help to maintain the questions. Their tasks would be:

1. Transcribe the Q&A sessions videos (the ones that haven't been transcribed yet and new ones) so far and add the questions to the website.
  2. Improve the text of the already existing questions.
  3. Apply proper tags to the questions

Also we are looking for translators. So far we have English and Spanish, but if people is willing to translate to other languages, we can add them as required.

If you want to help, contact me through PM here, Discord or by email at: [email protected]

Update: 24 Aug 2017

Here I'm adding the list of all the Q&A videos that are not yet transcribed and added to the web in the hope that people wants to help and also to coordinate the work:

10/21/2016 Live Q&A - Design Experiences - No transcriber
12/12/2016 Live Q&A - Biomes - Aleythiya
01/26/2017 Live Q&A - Settlements - Done Already
2/23/2017 Live Q&A - Pre-Alpha Experiences - No transcriber
Live Q&A - Survival - VictoriaRachel
Chronicles of Elyria Live Q&A | Tribes, Part I - No transcriber
Chronicles of Elyria Live Q&A | Tribes, Part II - No transcriber
Chronicles of Elyria Live Q&A | Tribes, Part III - No transcriber
Chronicles of Elyria Live Q&A | Tribes, Part IV - Zasirel
Live Q&A | Jousting in Chronicles of Elyria - Done

If you want to help transcribing please reply to this post with the video you want to do, just make sure nobody else is working on it.

Here is a guideline to format the document

8/24/2017 8:27:19 PM #31

Format for transcribing a video

The fastest way to add a transcription to the website is by importing it from a text document, to make this process easy the document needs to comply with an specific format:

1. Each question needs to start in its own paragraph and with the text Q:
  2. Each answer needs to start in its own paragraph and start with the text: A:
  3. Both Question and Answers and have as many paragraphs as needed as long as their first paragraphs complies with the 2 points above.
  4. Try to be as litteral as you can (after all is a transcription) but feel free to delete any off-topic conversation. (i.e. Some random comment about what's Souzuo is wearing that day, etc.)
  5. Avoid any fancy format for the document, the most plain the text the better.
  6. Don't add time marks, those won't be added in anyway and it will mess up the text.
  7. Adding the name of who said what is optional, if you add it please use the complete name (ie. Caspian instead of C: or similar)

Example:

Q: "Can members of a secondary tribe within a kingdom be nobility? For example, can Neran characters in the wetlands become (or start as) nobility in the To'resk Kingdom?"

A: Caspian: The idea is that we've set up these kingdoms and these organizations – kingdoms, counties and duchies - with the idea that they represent that region the most. And then there is the ability to be other tribes inside those regions. So really it is a question of how much flexibility and control do the counts, kings and dukes have when they kind of are establishing these origins. At this point it's very important to us that the kings, counts and dukes be representatives of the primary tribes in that region, so that when people do meet them they have a good understanding of where they come from, what culture they are and things like that. We do expect however over the duration of the 10 year story – probably sooner rather than later – that people will gradually work their way up into the positions of leadership that are coming from the actual player base of the game and not people who are invested in being a part of the kings and counts and dukes or the nobility at launch. So the short answer to your question is: It's unlikely that we'll go ahead and allow people to be members of the other tribes as kings, counts and dukes during the initial launch of the game, but we do look forward to people of all tribes working their way up to king regardless of which settlement or domain that they live in.

Vye: And certainly some of the tribes have societies that are more xenophobic than others so the likelihood of it happening in one area versus another is going to be different among kingdoms as well. Some of them are more of a melting pot so it would be an easier opportunity for somebody to raise that way, but …

Souzou: Some of them for sure not.

Caspian: Yea, some of them for sure not.

Souzou: What I'm saying is that: Don't … don't try. Actually: Please try!

Any question just ask! :)

8/24/2017 8:29:57 PM #32

Update

Added list of missing videos for transcription and how the transcription document needs to be formated.

If you want to help transcribing please reply here with the video you want to work on.

8/24/2017 8:34:52 PM #33

I'll take Settlements for 10 please Bob.

Thank you, for the website and looking forward to being able to contribute.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

8/24/2017 8:37:42 PM #34

Posted By VictoriaRachel at 10:34 PM - Thu Aug 24 2017

I'll take Settlements for 10 please Bob.

Thank you, for the website and looking forward to being able to contribute.

I have realised that was already done so I just removed it from the list.

8/24/2017 9:39:36 PM #35

I'll be lazy and grab the latest, Jousting, If there are no qualms.

8/24/2017 9:42:22 PM #36

This is great, thank you.

Alt text - can be left blank

8/24/2017 10:00:50 PM #37

Posted By Zasirel at 11:39 PM - Thu Aug 24 2017

I'll be lazy and grab the latest, Jousting, If there are no qualms.

All yours! Thanks

8/25/2017 5:15:53 AM #38

Hey there, already wrote you on discord. I'd start with the Biome video.

8/25/2017 5:44:29 AM #39

Posted By Aleythiya at 07:15 AM - Fri Aug 25 2017

Hey there, already wrote you on discord. I'd start with the Biome video.

Fantastic. Thanks!

8/27/2017 12:02:58 AM #40

Live Q&A - Jousting

Transcriber: Zasirel

7/11/2018 9:18:12 PM #41

Bookmarked this resource! I will definitely go over it at some point. Just now getting my feet wet with the forums after hours and hours of reading news, design journals, and watching youtube videos.