COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Vampire Cults

I have noticed that more and more Vampire Cult or evil mastermind types have been arising. I just wanted to know the community's thoughts on this. Perhaps from both the perspective of someone wanting to be a vampire and those who are "white knights" and the like. Besides the story potential. I want to know why people want to do this. Or why people hate them. Just to get some insight to peoples ideologies

United we stand. Divided we fall. Friend Code: ABF605 Click my Banner to find out more

10/21/2017 9:39:00 PM #1

plenty of people wana be the the badguy, they won't all go through with it, many will be broken just because of the games design. but i welcome the challenge :P i'm gonna purge from my town if there is any.

10/21/2017 11:07:59 PM #2

I'll be hunting them down if I get any hint they're in my settlement.

I think it'll add to the gameplay though if we have complicated underground networks like vampires cults, black markets, or the mongol like nomads that I've seen on the forums.

10/21/2017 11:51:18 PM #3

Plenty of people think they want to be Vampires right now but when we get into the game and they get a true understanding of the game, survival and the cost of death...they might change their mind.

Vampires dont get spirit walk. The moment you become a Vampire, it is survive or perma death.

10/22/2017 1:13:47 AM #4

Vampire steal your spark essence over time until they mature to the point that consume entire souls (leading to them becoming elder vampires and leads to the production of a new vampire).

Until the vampire who ate your soul is killed, you lose access to it....

Early game or an alt? Maybe not a big deal. I for one however don't want to lose my soul after several years of work...

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

10/22/2017 2:04:45 AM #5

The other problem is people are forgetting that Vampires are going to be fairly rare and not easily found/identified. They are either conveniently forgetting this fact or haven't read up on it and just made assumptions based on other games they may have played previous.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the appeal, vampires are a favourite of mine too, but people are deluded if they think, "I'm just gonna spawn this character and become a vampire"..... Many people are going to be bitterly disappointed, just like with magic; however, if they are determined to follow that path, can handle the possibility and consequences of spending a year or two or more searching but never finding, then all the best to them and I wish them luck.

I am personally undecided, so I may or may not facilitate either the acquisition of vampirism (for a price) or the vampire hunter cause in an effort to eradicate the vampire blight.... Only time will tell.

10/22/2017 4:08:21 AM #6

Posted By HajimeSaito at 10:04 PM - Sat Oct 21 2017

The other problem is people are forgetting that Vampires are going to be fairly rare and not easily found/identified. They are either conveniently forgetting this fact or haven't read up on it and just made assumptions based on other games they may have played previous.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the appeal, vampires are a favourite of mine too, but people are deluded if they think, "I'm just gonna spawn this character and become a vampire"..... Many people are going to be bitterly disappointed, just like with magic; however, if they are determined to follow that path, can handle the possibility and consequences of spending a year or two or more searching but never finding, then all the best to them and I wish them luck.

I am personally undecided, so I may or may not facilitate either the acquisition of vampirism (for a price) or the vampire hunter cause in an effort to eradicate the vampire blight.... Only time will tell.

It would be interesting as to how this condition manifests, like for werewolves and lich kings.

Caspian has said that, unless you are unlucky, that you would have to put effort into becoming on of these beings.

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

10/22/2017 4:20:34 AM #7

Posted By HajimeSaito at 7:04 PM - Sat Oct 21 2017

I'm thinking that many of these people will be disappointed when they can't become a vampire, lich, whatever. I'm hoping these types of beings are on the extremely rare side of the spectrum. I don't want a high fantasy game and therefore will be pushing for this to be on slim to none side. Any sign or word of one in game and I will be devoting all my time to rid the world of them.

10/22/2017 4:34:32 AM #8

Hum, interesting. Wouldn't want to be one. But if one showed up in my city I'd probably try to work out something peacefully... Hopefully there would be enough volunteers to cover their needs... Not sure how to deal with an elder though... If they'd turn someone every time they'd feed that would most likely cause issues...

10/22/2017 5:54:08 AM #9

Posted By Domaldel at 3:34 PM - Sun Oct 22 2017

Hum, interesting. Wouldn't want to be one. But if one showed up in my city I'd probably try to work out something peacefully... Hopefully there would be enough volunteers to cover their needs... Not sure how to deal with an elder though... If they'd turn someone every time they'd feed that would most likely cause issues...

Until the town points at you to be vamp food lol.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

10/22/2017 2:24:31 PM #10

Damn. Everyone wanna kill these damn mosquitoes. Any vampires wanna defend their case? They could prove to be useful weapons against enemies

United we stand. Divided we fall. Friend Code: ABF605 Click my Banner to find out more

10/22/2017 2:30:28 PM #11

We do not know a lot about Vampires in the game. They were mentioned only briefly and no further information is forthcoming as these are mysterious beasts confined to myth and tales. However, what we were told was:

In short, Vampires are among the worst creatures in Elyria, and they are always KoS [kill on sight].

Source - Caspian in this forum thread.

For a creature, we know so little about that is a very clear warning from the Developers that you might not want to befriend them. NPCs certainly will not be trying to be buddies with them.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

10/22/2017 3:19:35 PM #12

Guess i wont need to be a vampire slayer

10/22/2017 4:20:03 PM #13

I would have to determine the pros and cons of having vampires living in my area before taking any action against them.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/22281/the-kreuzstadt-campaign

10/22/2017 5:15:34 PM #14

I think you'll be able to see a lot of community thoughts here, I've voiced some of my own opinions there.

TL;DR - Just because game lore states something does not mean people will act that way (both vampires and people who met a vampire). Personally I do not plan to be a vampire but I also do not see them as "instakill" target. Also I would add that we have only basic info about them and do not know all the details, so I imagine a lot of opinions (mine, people who want to be a vamp and the ones who are against them) may shift when more will be revealed about mechanics and further information on them.

10/22/2017 6:09:26 PM #15

Posted By Abigor at 6:15 PM - Sun Oct 22 2017

Also I would add that we have only basic info about them and do not know all the details, so I imagine a lot of opinions (mine, people who want to be a vamp and the ones who are against them) may shift when more will be revealed about mechanics and further information on them.

I do not think that reveal will come before it is too late. I do not think the developers are going to give us any more information, any details on the mechanics. I think we are going to get to find that out if and when Vampires appear in Elyria. This is where I think the risks of going against the little information we have is.

You ignore the fact that we have been told that we should kill them on sight, ignore the fact we have been told they are among the worst creatures in Elyria, and you leave us all doomed. Why risk it? Why let them become so powerful? Why give them a chance to take all your character progress?

I don't want to see how powerful a vampire can get, I want to kill them while they are weak.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.