COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
animal limit

I can't find any info on this.

If I want to travel the lands with my own pack if wolves and whatnot, what's the limit, would the game eventually allow me to travel with thirty creatures in my pack following me(saying they can be fed, survive in what biome and are well cared for). Think there is a limit?

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

3/14/2018 12:58:53 AM #1

I imagine you could, however getting a pack of thirty creatures to mesh together like that would be difficult. Even if they are all trained really well.

3/14/2018 2:03:38 AM #2

This might be the type of information that won't be released by SBS outside the game. We might just have to find the limit in-game. Assuming there will be a limit, it will likely depend on many factors. Is the animal generally considered domestic or is it wild? Are you new to animal training or are you a grand master druid? I don't foresee SBS giving us a table, we'll have to figure it out in-game and rely on people to share that info to the web as we all learn together.

3/14/2018 4:54:09 AM #3

I'd have to agree with Teland here, until the game is at least in beta its probable SBS might not even know what sort of restrictions they need to put in place for things like pets.

3/14/2018 5:46:27 AM #4

I read a old post about druids and got to thinking, but true

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

3/15/2018 4:36:46 PM #5

Since I've seen references to animal training being a skill of sorts, at first you'll probably only be able to command one animal that isn't aggressive. As you progress in skill you'll be able to handle multiple animals, including predators like wolves or bears.

But that's just me speculating.

Luna Server NA-East ; Citizen of the Kingdom of Kairos, Duchy of Ashira, County of Agrion Discord: https://discord.gg/msw2Qm

Member of the Azmar City Council, Student of Tyto Academy

Friend Code: C80DCC

3/15/2018 4:59:55 PM #6

Posted By Varhukan at

I can't find any info on this.

If I want to travel the lands with my own pack if wolves and whatnot, what's the limit, would the game eventually allow me to travel with thirty creatures in my pack following me(saying they can be fed, survive in what biome and are well cared for). Think there is a limit?

Speculation

SBS seems to have a preference for "organic limits" since that usually leads to a more realistic mechanic. So with that in mind, I imagine that the answer to your question will be "as many as your character can manage at once". A very large pack of animals is going to consume a lot of food and require a lot of care. Plus there are other factors that we don't know about like whether or not pets can have animosity toward their owner or other pets and what all the player has to do to "control" their pet's actions.

If any of those unknown factors are moderately difficult to manage, then you can kiss any hope of a large pack goodbye. My best guess would be 2-3 predatory animals at once, but even that might be ambitious. Smaller, non-predatory, pets, like the ones that are intended to support you in various activities, will probably be exempt from some of those factors as they are going to be inherently more loyal without much effort on the player's part (if any at all).

The more realistic fear, imo, is a group of 20 bandit players, each with 1-2 predatory pets. That would be a pretty unsettling scene for anyone wanting to enter a skirmish with that group.