COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Dress(es) up for CoE. Concept fan art :>

So since we haven't seen any dresses (Long dresses) in the game yet, I thought that a little inspiration and discussion never hurt anyone. >w<

So I've drawn 135 dresses which I've tried to keep to at least under the knee, and preferably reaching the ground as I feel a lot of games simply cut them out or off :> Saying they're too unrealistic even though they were quite common in medieval time, especially when it came to social rank. :> There's also 133 hairstyles, a few shoes, though keep in mind that they're all high heels, because I'm a great support of heels. #FeelTheHeels #MakeHeelsGreatAgain Not talking above 4 inches though, as 4 inches for me above that it'll start becoming unhealthy for your feet :> ((Unless there's a high platform etc.))

So now for questions: 1. Which dress do you like the most. 2. Which dresses would you like to see in the game, and which wouldn't you? 3. Which dresses do you think is most likely we'll see in game? 4. Final remarks ;D!

Example: :> 1. I like A-9 E-11 and D-3 Those are probably my favorites :> 2. I would of course like to see all of them in game xD Since I draw them >w< heh 3. probably something like H13 and C9 or F5 :9 I would love to hear what you think :D Though remember this is purely for us who likes to look forward to dresses and such, if you're agains dresses that's fine, but if that's the only thing you want to write about feel free to start a new post ;D!

Also, here, a poll to find the prettiest dress of them all I right-clicked on the picture and opened it in a new fan, I think this will solve the problem. :)

EDIT: So I just found out the picture have been taken down, which is weird, what's worse is that the picture was made on a laptop that broke down TnT, but I'll see if I can find something.

4/27/2016 1:32:00 PM #1

Liva you have done an outstanding job on all of the dresses. To say what is the best like is hard as they are all dependent on social status and event activity. Either way they are all great in my eyes.

I'd have to use the same response I give my wife when asked to comment on any new piece of clothing she has brought home, " That looks nice dear, especially if you like it."

4/27/2016 1:46:23 PM #2

Which dress do you like the most?

The one that I put top for me personally is H9. It has that really nice simple shape to and is a good length. I love the addition of the apron and tied top which just make it feel really suitable for the down to earth hard working gal I want to play.

Which dresses would you like to see in the game, and which wouldn't you?

Apart from H9, A8, B9, B12 and H13 are the others that stand out for the sort of character I would like to play. While a lot of the gowns are fabulous they are just not things I can ever imagine wearing. However, I can imagine my characters mouth dropping if they passed someone wearing G1.

As for not liking to see I think I13 is just a bit too risqué for the sort of styles I would like to see.

Which dresses do you think is most likely we'll see in game?

I am hoping those I have as my favourites along with those gorgeous wintery styles of C1 and F2 which I think could really fit into the Elyrian world.

Final remarks

Dresses are important. Yes armour is filling a real need but so are those outfits for people filling other roles, and that includes women. We do not all want to wear trousers and some of us want to be plain and some want to be glamorous. Please consider including a range of dress designs.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

4/27/2016 1:48:56 PM #3
  1. LOVE D-5 as far as style for my character, plus A-15 and I-12.

2. I'd like to see most of these IG, but D-2 or H-2 I don't care for.

3. I think the simpler "peasanty" ones we are more likely to see, like H-9.

4. These are really fun and give me some ideas for my own character, so thank you =]

Granted, I planned on wearing mostly male-style clothing, so I personally enjoy the more "masculine" styles of dresses. Men's wear inspired.

4/27/2016 2:00:03 PM #4
  1. Which dress do you like the most.

My favorites are i-10 and D-2 but all of them are beautiful!

1. Which dresses would you like to see in the game, and which wouldn't you?

I would like to see all of them in game of course! I could totally see wearing i-14 or 15 on days I go to town, and i-1 or C-3 to court or a ball

1. Which dresses do you think is most likely we'll see in game?

If you are a tailor/dressmaker, ALL OF THEM! :)

4/27/2016 2:15:33 PM #5

4. Final remarks These are beautiful Liva!! I see some GoT inspiration :)

1. Which dress do you like the most. Hard to say...It would depend on the biome I'm in and the event I'm attending, but I10 really caught my eye.

For my character I feel like I might do something like C12 for day to day for comfort and mobility purposes.

2. Which dresses would you like to see in the game, and which wouldn't you? Most of these are pretty viable, like I said depending on biome and event. D2 might be leaning a bit too steam punky? Maybe for when the game goes into steam punk era.

3. Which dresses do you think is most likely we'll see in game? I feel like they'd be most likely to incorporate more simple, peasant-like dresses just based on the male attire they've shown. Although obviously noble women will have to wear something nicer but it would probably be more rare.

Friend Code: 736E01

4/27/2016 3:29:49 PM #6

My favorites are hands down G2,F12,F7,F10. They all have a really amazing cultural take away!

I honestly would like to see a large collection of these dresses in game at one point or another. I can see a lot of female characters using their clothing to make a point in court, or men purposefully dressing prisoners of war in something less than the usual.

Not sure! I'm not a wizard, so I hope a large collection of them or similar pieces but I can't read the dev's minds unfortunately.

4/27/2016 6:35:07 PM #7
  1. Which dress do you like the most.

My favourites are: D9, B10, D3 and F5

I don't specially like A1 and I13 (only the model, the drawing is awsome :P!)

1. Which dresses would you like to see in the game, and which wouldn't you?

I hope see something like B10 and I wish we see a few of these models on CoE :p

1. Which dresses do you think is most likely we'll see in game?

Mmm I think something like B12 and B7

1. Final remarks

Could you add a large version? I would like to see the image in more pixels >.< and colored.

Are you thinking to include some oriental design?

PS: good job Liva! :D (if you like, you can add it on the deviantART group! :P)

4/27/2016 7:27:35 PM #8
  1. I can't choose a favourite, but I love A7, A14, A15, B7, E11, E14, F5, F8 and H11

2. I'd love to see any of the above in game, particularly A7, B7, and B10. None I would want to see, but I'm not found of H2, but that's just me.

3. Well might see dresses maybe similar to A8, C11 or F3 I think.

4. I love them all!!! This is really great and I can't imagine how much time you spent doing it. Also, G10 looks like Odette.

4/27/2016 9:24:30 PM #9

It didn't take that long to do :P I used 3 days but the first was the only really productive one xD the rest was just colouring and putting on hair on the different ones :3 Also I was going for the Odette-vibe xD But I can assure you that it's only the colours and the hair that makes you think it's her ;> her dress is very much different :D <3

4/28/2016 1:03:51 AM #10

Wonderful job Liva!!

My fave's would have to be

1. I1 I10 C4 A2 A10

2. I want see as many as possible in the game to provide variety!

3. Poorer variety until some skill has been developed

4. I plan to be a seamstress in game and will definitely be calling on you Liva for inspiration!

4/28/2016 1:17:14 AM #11
  1. Which dress do you like the most? A2, B10, D1-D4, F1, G1, G3, G8, G9, I1. I love all of them so much, it was hard enough to narrow it down to just those. There's no way I could pick just one!

2. Which dresses would you like to see in the game, and which wouldn't you? All of them! I would love to be able to see each of these dresses be possible to make in game.

3. Which dresses do you think is most likely we'll see in game? I imagine we'll see a lot of the more peasant-type dresses, but I'm hoping a lot of these designs will be doable. c:

4. Final remarks: I wish I was as talented at drawing as you, Liva! I feel so inspired to make my own designs, but drawings clothes is just too difficult for me! I can't wait to see what else you'll create before the start of the game though! :)

4/28/2016 1:41:44 AM #12

I really enjoyed this line up. I'd say the only thing I'd like to avoid is the large bushy dresses...but why I say this is that it should be discovered. I REALLY want the big dresses to be in game, but not initially. Then you have the large collars and such, again, that's more Elizabethan in my eye so it'd be cool to see it in the more naval period show up.

I imagine the way fashion works will be closely tied to technology. If it's just recently become available people will be more prone to see it as valuable. SO I think devs releasing styles will definitely influence who will wear what.

Think of it as the newest raiding tier set. It will be all the rage till the next seasons set arrives. Except this time we will have hopefully FAR more ability to customize.

In the end I love all the designs, not to be general. If I had to pick a personal favorite it'd be C1. I like the combination of heavy browns and wools. It looks very comfortable yet elegant and larger than life.

4/28/2016 9:02:11 AM #13

I like all of these designs, but I don't like the heels. Heels were invented by the cowboys to comfortably sit in the stirrups, and were later used by progressive women to make themselves look manlier.

4/28/2016 11:54:00 AM #14

Actualy heels were depicted in ancient egyptian tomes, and though they looked different, they''ve almost always been there. The ancient persian army have always used heels, those we see today (heel in the back, compared to the wedgeheeled shoes (“kothorni” or “buskins” is what the shoes were called) were used back in ancient greece, later Rome were Prostitudes wore them to signal that they were in the trade. Please keep in mind that prostitution were something completely different back there, prostitudes were above noble women in rank, often noble women would strive to become prostitudes since they were often on even terms with men, hint why they wore the heels, as men wore them too to symbolize stature. The eaeliest records of some heels we know today are from the 9th century down In Persia. the persian army sent diplomats out through europe around the end of 16th century to help get allies against the ottomans. All the courts adopted the heels, though most notably was Louis XIV, who wore 4 inch heels and paintes his heels red, it was a punishable offence if you wore red heels and werent between louises closest friends. It was only down in Italy that Prostitudes were allowed to wear heels, as a symbol of their rank, but Catharina de Medici from Italy was the first woman to introduce them as a both male AND female footwear when se married into france. And then it spread to women wearing them. Then a long time passed and after the frencj revolution and such they all threw away their heels, and jewelry and coloured clothing. (This was here America was founded, centuries after the heels have been around :9) then only women picked up the heel again, and jewelry and strong coloured clothing, men never picked up heels and jewelry, not even colours before much much later, hence why the tuxedo is black and white and not full of colours.

4/28/2016 11:59:29 AM #15

Also heres a link it has pictures, and you can even see the 30 cm heel worn in the middle ages.