COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Battle of The Beasts

alt text

The Canis Rabbit and the Ursaphant; two of Elyria's unique inhabits.

One is a pack hunter, the other a solitary creature, and both fearsome in their own right, vicious in a brawl.

The question is: Who would win?

Let us know your opinion!

-Miguel

\[T]/

2/11/2016 8:17:44 PM #1

Pack Tactics will easily overcome a solo beast, even one as large as the Ursiphant, though.. there will no doubt be wounded among the pack.

I like Apple Cider.

2/11/2016 8:18:28 PM #2

Depends entirely I would imagine, if the Ursaphant sees the Canis Rabbits then it can win, but if it gets ambushed it will lose.

2/11/2016 8:18:49 PM #3

I agree, Canis Rabbit most likely; work together to take down an Ursiphant by sheer numbers.

2/11/2016 8:19:01 PM #4

If they are anything like Lions they will retreat if they get too seriously hurt.

2/11/2016 8:19:22 PM #5

The cannis rabbits, if they are the hunters.

They took down that buffalo, I'm guessing cause they are labled hunters, not scavengers. And have no markings on them as if it was a close brawl.

They must be fierce and skilled to take on beasts greater in its size.

2/11/2016 8:20:13 PM #6

I think it would be a draw. The ursaphant/ursiphant would use his tusks (or in the worst case, his claws) to defend himself, but he's still a herbivore, so I don't imagine him killing the Canis Rabbit. The Canis Rabbit might give chase, but I think the ursaphant/ursiphant will be fine:)

“Must I undertake to prove that the slave is a man? That point is conceded already. Nobody doubts it. How should I look today, in the presence of you, dividing, and subdividing a discourse, to show that men have a natural right to freedom? To do so, would be to make myself ridiculous, and to offer an insult to your understanding.” - Paul Gilroy

2/11/2016 8:21:44 PM #7

How many canis rabbit vs Ursaphant are there? At prob up to a 3 to 1 I imagine a more mature healthy Ursa would stomp the canis.

2/11/2016 8:28:05 PM #8

Ursaphant wins.

2/11/2016 8:30:15 PM #9

Let us break this down. Canis Rabbit = Wolf + Rabbit, and the Ursaphant = Bear + Elephant. As these are hybrids so it is only logical to view them in that way.

Wolf vs Bear - Bear wins, yes the wolves hunt in a pack but the bear can easily take out one of the wolves on a charge and this has a habit of putting off the rest! There are numerous videos of bears stealing kills from full wolf packs.

Rabbit vs Elephant - Squish!

Therefore, Ursaphant wins.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

2/11/2016 8:35:52 PM #10

I imagine that if both are at the same place, possibly the Canis rabbit (wabbit by VictoriaRachel) jumping ability would be very useful to catch the ursaphant. So I guess the wabbit will win.

PS:You know, predators usually hunt the weaker animals, those injured, smaller or old.

2/11/2016 8:36:15 PM #11

In a large pack, I'd put my money on the Canis Rabbit. But if there's only one or two of them, I think the ursaphant wouldn't be in much danger and could handle them.

2/11/2016 8:37:10 PM #12

This, this makes alot of sense. Ursaphant wins IMO.

2/11/2016 9:17:16 PM #13

iam going for the Ursaphant has a good defense with his claws and tusks

2/11/2016 10:01:19 PM #14

Neither! Global warming beats all animals...

2/11/2016 10:01:27 PM #15

As much as I love the Ursaphant, they spend their time alone. The Canis Rabbits hunt in packs. They are fast, and could easily overwhelm even a large prey item like the Ursaphant. Sure, the Ursaphant might be able to gore or rake one, maybe even two Canis Rabbits, but sheer numbers will prevail.

Size wise, the Canis Rabbit and the Ursaphant are about the same as the size difference between a pride of lions and a bison, or a pack of wolves and an elk. Both of those animals have impressive armaments of their own, but it's only effective until they are surrounded and they start getting teeth sunk into their legs. Then it's all over.

Maybe the Ursaphant will be more of a fight than your average herbivore, but unless it's a male that's spent it's time fighting other males, it's likely going to have the attitude of every other grazer that's never been in a fight.

One on one the Ursaphant would stomp, but this round goes to the rabbits.