COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[NA] Duchy of Thracia

Order, Loyalty, Progress

Providing the Strength to build a Brilliant Future

Welcome to the Duchy of Thracia! As you may or may not know depending on how you got here I am the Minister of War for the Kingdom of Kairos. I’m a war focused duchy of course, but in order for that to be viable I am going to need to invest in the duchy economy. An army doesn’t work for free, after all.

The short’n dirty version of below is yes I plan on being a war duchy but I have to put my money where my mouth is so to speak and invest in people that want to create wealth before I can pay to have a proper military worth it’s salt. Don't let that discourage the pvpers though, that's what I personally enjoy doing the most and you'll be well looked after. Also, as is the case with everything pertaining to this game, this post is a work-in-progress.

The Vision

In Thracia I look to create a mixture of the Byzantine Empire and the Roman Republic. Some mechanics in game are immutable, and thus will have to have some centralized government in counts and barons but there will be a senate that acts as a law making body through the position mentioned towards the bottom of the post. Ultimately this is a duchy that is focused on it's people with a solid belief that the best defense is a good offense.

Economy

It's a necessity that there be a strong economy if the quality of an armed force is to be maintained. Fortunately, residing in Kairos this comes with the territory. Despite this being a military duchy, a strong base in a merchant class is going to be required. Investment is going to be made in this direction, and it is planned to have as low an interference in the market as possible while still maintaining a security net in case of depression.

Production

This is going to be the primary thing that gets invested in on day 1, as it makes the other irrelevant if the duchy doesn’t produce anything of it’s own. Anything that involves the creation of goods falls under this, from livestock raising to mining, and the transportation of those goods to sites in which they are refined in the immediate vicinity (The nearest town/city). Guilds and families of these producers provide feedback up to the Fabricator if a local entity does not have the means to develop a resource that could be useful in the wider picture.

Trade

Any activities that involve the production of wealth through the movement of goods fall under the Virtuoso of Commerce. Additionally the larger internal ducal infrastructure belongs to him as well as things involving exports and imports. Entities involved in this function much in the same way as producers with their Virtuoso save in a different framework dealing more with laws and regulation than direct investment. This is the second thing that is going to be receiving the most attention on day 1 to set a good foundation for trade laws and direct investment (if necessary) towards a highway system for mass goods transport.

War

While war is not the preferable state in which a government finds itself, it is something that requires an absolute readiness for and a willingness to commit fully to. Ultimately that is the goal for this duchy, to be the premier source of fighting strength within Kairos. All manner of people are welcome here, as long as a love for pvp doesn’t turn into griefing your fellow citizens. Unfortunately due to lack of specifics on the game mechanics I can’t go into much detail here but a standing army is the current goal, potentially with some form of supplemental levy if required. Also I plan on having duchy hosted single/small group tournaments and war games on a larger scale involving more ducal resources where possible, potentially with a free for all arena type pvp to sate the duelers among you.

Virtuoso’s Table

This assembly of experts serves as a group of indispensable advisors to the Duke and carry with them the authority of the Duke to carry out the duties of the seat that they hold. They are also expected to bring up concerns relative to their field, to potentially formulate new laws and propose them to the Duke for approval if change is deemed necessary.

• Seat of the Senatus

The Senatus's primary duty is to keep in touch with the counts, and to present the laws that the counts can find a consensus on to the higher lawmaking body that is the Table, as well as to provide the tie breaking vote if a stalemate should occur. This position also acts as the President and leads proceedings in Senate meetings.

• Seat of Commerce

The Virtuoso of Commerce is the aforementioned leader responsible for the growth of the duchies trade, establishing business agreements, and the protection of local businessmen from extensive outside influence.

• Seat of the Legatus

The Legatus is the expert representing the military and It’s interests to the assembly.

• Seat of the Fabricator

The one holding this seat is responsible for the overall resource management within the duchy and the upkeep and evolution of it’s domestic production as defined above.

• Seat of the Statesman

This seat is responsible for foreign relations and diplomacy, dealing in all things relating to other governmental organizations other than those for business.

Other Title(s)

• Invisus

???

Connect

6/15/2016 12:51:24 PM #1

County

Depending on how things shake out I plan to pick foothills or a mountainous area for my specific county in a temperate biome. Should none exist it'll most likely be the county holding the largest city in the duchy.

Generally speaking I plan to invest most of my county resources into the capital city, but don't take that as a sign I am going to neglect the surrounding area. Resource exploitation comes first, then the capital city after that. Obviously living in the capital county is going to give all the benefits of housing the large cities in amenities and the continued investment from the Duke after exposition.

Almost everyone is welcome in the capital county should you wish to house yourself there and I look forward to working with you all. (The exceptions being people who aren't going to be acting in a productive manner to the community)

6/15/2016 1:35:25 PM #2

Good luck on your recruiting Sicarioos!

[

6/16/2016 5:33:34 AM #3

For choosing a Kingdom, I like to choose by finding which one fits my ideas the best. Pick the one that represents how you want a kingdom to be in your eyes. For me, the Kingdom of Arthos fits that description and thats where I've chosen to live. Good luck in choosing. My Discord:#8456

6/16/2016 9:08:53 PM #4

Duchy McDuchy Face... I'm immature. I apologize.

6/16/2016 11:18:25 PM #5

"Your face doesn't-shut it, dwarfy!"

In the "miscellaneous oddities" box since times unbeknownst to humans.

6/16/2016 11:20:14 PM #6

Don't let those King's badger you into joining their Kingdoms too early, my fellow Duke. You have a lot more power and influence than I think some Dukes realize. Try not to sell yourself cheaply. ;-)

6/19/2016 4:34:56 PM #7

Thanks for the support guys. I won't sell short Bombastus, don't worry.

6/21/2016 5:51:02 AM #8

Yeah, but what do you really want? Like, what is Invisus.. sounds like some bull.

6/24/2016 8:16:21 AM #9

Invisus is super secret squirrel stuff. You wouldn't understand.

6/24/2016 2:44:39 PM #10

looking good :)

6/28/2016 7:16:58 AM #11

Best of luck to you! I hope you are successful in your endeavour!

7/7/2016 9:07:11 PM #12

Welcome to the Fold, Thracia! We're happy to have you!

7/9/2016 2:48:04 AM #13

Praise the sun!!!

7/14/2016 5:55:37 PM #14

Oh, you joined Kairos? Good choice!

7/14/2016 10:19:53 PM #15

Kairos? Nice good luck with that.