COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
So I heard you are looking for information.

Hello, due to people being unsure of where information is, and constantly posting the same kind of topic posts that have been on the site for months I decided what the heck why not try to consolidate some information for all of you. I understand and know that there is a thread specifically made for new members looking for information to look at so I will also link that here.

Talents: Character-bound. Not soul-bound.

Forget they exist and you will be much happier. The fact of the matter is that 5% of players will get talents and of that 5% only a percentage of that will be classic sorcery/magic based.

However, if you are dead set on getting a talent. If you REEEEEEEALLY want one. The best chance you'll have of acquiring one is to play close to the story-line. The game mechanics allow for talents to be given to those in a position to help progress the main story. I'm not saying you'll automatically get one for playing an integral role in the game's main story. However, if you want a talent that's one of your best bets besides luck.

Keep in mind that talents WILL NOT exist at launch. The devs have stated that talents will be integrated into the game possibly months after launch. So one day who knows someone might just explode with magic and accidently kill people and start the witch hunts.

Pets: More than one at a time?

It has been stated that a person will be able to have more than one pet at a time. I think this was in reference to fighting with pets. (Awesome)

Raid Bosses:

There wont be Raid Bosses per-say. However, that being said there will be some Vampires, Liches, Sorcerers and others. Depending on their play styles it may be that they are the ones who become the raid bosses.

Take the Lich as an example. He/she got that way by separating his/her soul from his/her body and placing it within a phylactery (an object to house his/her soul). Yet the Lich knows that if he wants to continue existing he/she will need to keep his phylactery safe. So he/she builds a player-made dungeon (all players have the ability to make one). But it's not enough. So mercs are hired to guard his dungeon, maybe gets some guard animals as well. Traps and vaults. Yet perhaps he/she doesnt feel like his/her things are safe unless they are close by when he/she logs out. So he/she moves his/her bedroom into the dungeon and each time he/she goes to log out they log out there scripting OPC to continue guarding their phylactery.

Now players hear about this Lich. Perhaps they are terrorizing villagers or something of the like. So a group of people go to deal with this lich and now they have to break into the home, work their way down into the dungeon and somehow traverse the dungeon in order to get to the lich. This creates a lot of player-made story and makes things more fun as it is much harder to hunt a raid-boss who can think at the same level as you to plan escapes, ambushes and all that jazz (EXCITING!).

Downloading the Game:

Chronicles of Elyria is still in development. Therefore there is not download for the game currently available. Sorry~ (You're gunna have to hop on board the hype train with the rest of us xD)

IRC: IRC Then once you click that make up a username and the chatroom channel name is '#chroniclesofelyria'

IRC is the chat platform Chronicles of Elyria uses. If you wish to talk to devs, ask questions of them and other players or even just talk to others in the CoE community I suggest you go there.

Discord:

Discord is another way in which to talk to members of the CoE community. You can voice chat as well at text chat on Discord. If you are looking for a specific guild or group discord channel click here

Influence Points/Story Points:

Influence Points are pre-launch currency which can be used to purchase items for your characters from the Influence Store to get them ready for launch. Influence points will become story points post-launch which will have its own store. Influence points can be earned by being a contributing member to the community. Bringing in more people (who then sign up and purchase a copy of the game). Posting forum posts or replying to them with helpful and insightful information.

Story points on the other hand can be accumulated through in-game play. Those who play closer to the main-story line will find themselves earning these points.

Dev/design Journals:

For anyone new to the forum READ THESE. These will save your bacon and give you most of the information you'll need. Before posting a question on the forums I suggest either searching the forums for that specific thing first, reading the journals OR if you hate reading to to BicycleWalrus' youtube channel

There are also youtube channels made by other Elyrians such as

Frithgar

Morbis

Lore:

If you are like me and love to read up a little on the lore and whatnot then I suggest the Elyria Echo

I will continue to edit this as I see the need arise. However, there are many more resource links such as:

Q&As

New Comer Starter info

Community Resources

The Player-Made Facebook Group

I'm not a doctor.

8/16/2016 7:48:46 PM #1

Will this be playable on PlayStation or Xbox one?

8/16/2016 8:10:39 PM #2

it was a stretch goal and will probably still be once the store opens up but at the moment not looking like it, though if it goes really well they may make it playable on different platforms

friend code: DD7F8B

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/Guild-Recruitmet/6254-NA-The-Order-of-The-IX

7/21/2017 11:12:07 PM #3

There is one question that I've been trying to find the answer to - I have seen many characters in many games that have short hair, will this one be the same?

7/21/2017 11:50:06 PM #4

Posted By forest_dragon at 7:12 PM - Fri Jul 21 2017

There is one question that I've been trying to find the answer to - I have seen many characters in many games that have short hair, will this one be the same?

Here are two concept art of hairstyles:

7/22/2017 1:26:16 AM #5

Very good post