COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
On the Rights of Mann

On the Rights of Mann

Upon any serious study of Mann, one may find a series of desires that supercede all others save that of basic necessity. These desires manifest themselves in a political nature as a set of Rights inalienable to the common Mann, and that should be preserved in order to preserve the dignity of Mann. At no point in the annals of history does one find the want for these Rights to be lacking; it can therefore only be assumed that these Rights are universal, given to every Mann from birth, and that vying against these Rights is paramount to resisting Nature itself. It would then behoove a government to ensure these rights, and endeavor them never to be violated, lest Mann take it upon himself to seize them himself. For if a Mann be so predisposed to, a resort to violence will quickly become his primary means of seizure, to the detriment of both government and himself.

And so here I attempt an enumeration of these Rights, which, I hope, will fall on ears willing to receive them. I write these as a precaution to governments who might undo them, for they meddle in affairs that might precipitate their own downfall. Take heed, Kings of Menn! Take heed, Monarchs! Take heed, Dukes and Counts, elected officials and aristocracy! For if fomenting rebellion is your goal, then depriving these Rights is your course of action.

Rights of Being

What has Mann a more unassailable Right to, if not that of his own life? What more dearly in the breasts of Mann is held than the ability to affect his own desires and dreams? Nothing, say I, and thusly place it in a position of prominence among its peers. For a Mann’s life is nought but his own, and only he may lay claim to it. A Mann who fears for his life is like a beast in a corner, prepared and convinced to strike at the one levying threats. Therefore I say to not engage in acts which devalue the life of the most lowly Mann, lest the lowly Mann grow contemptful of his superiors. This Mann shall spread his contempt like a disease, until the whole of a nation is spiteful against you.

If a Mann holds his life as his first Right, then surely it follows that a Mann will hold his privacy as his second. For a life laid bare is a life perceived to be in danger, and the threat of danger is the great agitator of revolt. Therefore no Mann should be made to reveal his innermost being without due reason, he will necessarily also need to turn out his very essence.

If life and privacy are at the core of Mann's being, then it is this core which is swaddled in the cloth of his family. To rip away at this armor is to lay bare to him his own self, which is the desire of no Mann. I then postulate that a Mann has Right to his family. A Mann cannot sustain himself by merit of his own doing alone- for that he requires the support of his most loyal kin. Therefore any act which rends this familial fabric is at once subjecting the citizen to intense pains, more so than any Mann deserves to bear save death itself.

Rights of Affair

In following with the logic that all Menn are entitled to their privacy, one can only come to the conclusion that Mann has also a Right to his property. Once legitimately claimed and worked, a Mann's residence takes on a much more personal connotation; namely, that of a home. It is here that a Mann must be most unassailable, for just as a king has his castle and a mayor his villa, so to does the citizen have his abode. Any Mann without such residence immediately longs for one, and any Mann with it longs to preserve it. Therefore, a monarch must pay due diligence to maintaining the sanctity of the home, for a population without one will soon become a population in arms.

A Mann with house, with family, with privacy, and with his life will soon seek to maintain those things by mode of economy, to which falls his Right to business. In so much as the business is legal and in keeping with the standards of his neighbors, any act of governance which unduly impedes his business immediately places in threat the preceding Rights. Therefore, the monarch above him should not place into law anything which will drive him to destitution, for a Mann who cannot support himself through means of economy will soon seek to support himself through means of war.

Rights of Thought

The portal to a Mann's being is that of his mouth; therefore, an attempt to gag him is to stifle the outpouring of his own being. No government may be considered legitimate, if it muzzles this basic right of Speech. For what harm comes of words that give reason for a King to fear? A monarch does not need fear the mutterings of his people, but he should fear the Mann who cannot speak his mind. For if this portal to Mann's thought is closed, than he will immediately seek other output in order to make his thoughts known.

10/23/2017 5:02:51 PM #1

If Thomas Paine was an Elyrian...

I hope all Nobility takes these words to heart.

11/24/2017 4:26:43 AM #2

This is a really great read, and I hope you continue with these philosophical, early American-esque posts. I'll certainly be reading them.

You should consider penning this (and your others) on in-game books when CoE actually comes out. I'd definitely want this on my character's shelves.

2/3/2018 2:45:46 PM #3

To the Most Honourable Count Mick Dude in Response to On The Rights of Mann,

I say unto you that in your entreaties to the Nobles and Aristocracy to heed the unassailable Rights of Mann so as not to enable their own downfall, you have left out the most important Right of Mann. So therefore in this letter, I write to educate you on the single most important Right of Mann, that of the Right of Spirituality.

All tribes of Mann have belief in a higher power. They call upon the Two Fold Queen or hearken to the virtues and vices of the Virtori. They speak of the sacred nature of the fauna and flora of the forests and mountains and they trust in the fickle nature of the Qin. Each unto himself has a right to his relationship with his gods and no government shall have higher authority over him.

Should a government attempt to force religion and belief upon Mann, he will rise up under such pressure and replace said government with one more tolerant of his belief. A government who will succeed must not use mann’s spirituality against him but embrace it; thusly gaining not only the love of its countrymenn but also a tool to use against other nations. For in no other thing is Mann as zealous a protector as he is of his religion.

You postulate that if Mann holds his life as his first right then his privacy is his second then it is this core that is swaddled in the fabric of his family, thus being his armor and his shield. I posit that Mann surrounds this inner armor of being with the belief that his gods are watching over him and protecting his life, love, and liberty while he be alive and that upon his death they will not only provide a place for him amongst them but continue to protect that which he valued most in life, those unassailable rights.

In Sincerity,

Countess Gorawyn Ashla of Two Moons

2/3/2018 7:22:16 PM #4

Posted By Gorawyn at 09:45 AM - Sat Feb 03 2018

To the Most Honourable Count Mick Dude in Response to On The Rights of Mann,

I say unto you that in your entreaties to the Nobles and Aristocracy to heed the unassailable Rights of Mann so as not to enable their own downfall, you have left out the most important Right of Mann. So therefore in this letter, I write to educate you on the single most important Right of Mann, that of the Right of Spirituality.

All tribes of Mann have belief in a higher power. They call upon the Two Fold Queen or hearken to the virtues and vices of the Virtori. They speak of the sacred nature of the fauna and flora of the forests and mountains and they trust in the fickle nature of the Qin. Each unto himself has a right to his relationship with his gods and no government shall have higher authority over him.

Should a government attempt to force religion and belief upon Mann, he will rise up under such pressure and replace said government with one more tolerant of his belief. A government who will succeed must not use mann’s spirituality against him but embrace it; thusly gaining not only the love of its countrymenn but also a tool to use against other nations. For in no other thing is Mann as zealous a protector as he is of his religion.

You postulate that if Mann holds his life as his first right then his privacy is his second then it is this core that is swaddled in the fabric of his family, thus being his armor and his shield. I posit that Mann surrounds this inner armor of being with the belief that his gods are watching over him and protecting his life, love, and liberty while he be alive and that upon his death they will not only provide a place for him amongst them but continue to protect that which he valued most in life, those unassailable rights.

In Sincerity,

Countess Gorawyn Ashla of Two Moons

Is not a Mann's theology simply a line of Thought? And if Thought is so unassailable, as I have thusly asserted, it stands to reason that his Religion is simply one of his Thoughts.