COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
The Countess (Digital Painting)

The Countess (Digital Painting)

Recently I've been looking to do a portrait that allowed me to practice my lighting skills. So, I decided to go back to the old "Who will you be?" thread (link) that I posted some time ago, and read through some of the replies again.

Out of the many wonderful character ideas, I chose Gorawyn as a subject, because the way she described her character seemed to play into my strong suits as an artist, and thought her character would be interesting to use as a subject while I explored lighting.

If you'd like a chance at some free art, please feel free to post your character ideas in the thread I linked above. I do return to it for inspiration.

Let me know what you think of the portrait! Constructive criticism, comments, suggestions, and questions are always appreciated.

Gorawyn

>"She is a Neran/To'resk halfbreed. She is on the short side, taking after her mother. Her hair is very long and deep red like her father but her features including her teeth are from her To'resk mother."

>"I intend to make her a down to earth Countess who is like a mama bear to her people."

The quotes above were what I picked out of Gorawyn's post as my main inspirations for the overall aesthetic of the piece. I dressed her in soft colors to convey that "mama bear" type leadership, and kept a soft light on her.

I then I took the colors from the Two Moons County symbol, and put them in the gems of her two necklaces (one in her hands and one in her neck) to try and make a subtle reference.

You can view that symbol and read more about Gorawyn and Two Moons County here: Two Moons County

alt

3/26/2018 1:29:37 AM #1

Love the way you incorporated the two moons into the piece. It's gorgeous, great work.

3/26/2018 1:37:40 AM #2

I loved it before but now I love it, even more, knowing the jewels symbolize our county. The two colors are symbolic of my husband and I. My favorite color is red and his blue. The symbol of the moon represents where we met. (In Swtor, on the planet Tython, that has two moons, Ashla and Bogan. Each representing the light and dark side of the force and the balance between.)

Thank you so much for this drawing. I love it!

3/26/2018 1:41:18 AM #3

Incredible work!

3/26/2018 1:49:13 AM #4

Gorgeous as always Elsy you're a wonderful artist

3/26/2018 2:21:05 AM #5

impressive u are a far better artist than I could ever dream of being

Friend Code: 6DEF22

3/26/2018 6:53:34 PM #6

Thanks so much all! You're all very kind. <3

Posted By Gorawyn at 8:37 PM - Sun Mar 25 2018

I loved it before but now I love it, even more, knowing the jewels symbolize our county. The two colors are symbolic of my husband and I. My favorite color is red and his blue. The symbol of the moon represents where we met. (In Swtor, on the planet Tython, that has two moons, Ashla and Bogan. Each representing the light and dark side of the force and the balance between.)

Thank you so much for this drawing. I love it!

I love it even more now knowing that's what the colors symbolize!

Posted By HEDGEMONZERO at 9:21 PM - Sun Mar 25 2018

impressive u are a far better artist than I could ever dream of being

Thank you! But keep in mind I've been drawing for as long as I could hold a pencil, and digitally painting for the last 9 years. It takes a lot of practice, and I bet you can get there too. If you'd like any tips, PM me and I'll do my best!

3/26/2018 7:01:20 PM #7

That is just lovely Elsy!! Love the gold stitching on her clothing :)

3/26/2018 10:51:37 PM #8

Posted By Hellmoon at 2:01 PM - Mon Mar 26 2018

That is just lovely Elsy!! Love the gold stitching on her clothing :)

Thanks so much! That and the lace were some of the more difficult parts.

3/29/2018 2:22:39 PM #9

I just have to say... Your hands are superb!!!

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!

3/29/2018 2:26:35 PM #10

This is super cool! Great work :D

Luna Server NA-East ; Citizen of the Kingdom of Kairos, Duchy of Ashira, County of Agrion Discord: https://discord.gg/msw2Qm

Member of the Azmar City Council, Student of Tyto Academy

Friend Code: C80DCC

3/29/2018 6:16:22 PM #11

Posted By Kitlandria at 09:22 AM - Thu Mar 29 2018

I just have to say... Your hands are superb!!!

Thank you! I hate drawing them, hehe. Hands and feet are so difficult.

Posted By Luxumbra at 09:26 AM - Thu Mar 29 2018

This is super cool! Great work :D

Thanks! <3

3/29/2018 6:47:50 PM #12

Amazing work! Would love to see more down the road.

4/2/2018 9:52:41 PM #13

That is beautiful work Elsy! Your level of detail is superb!

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne