COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA ORGANIZATIONS
[NA-E] Keepers of the Light (Kingdom of Tyria)

"We must have faith that our actions are pure for doubt will obscure the path of righteousness ahead." (Founder of the Keepers of the Light)

Discord group: https://discord.gg/PqBjXnS

Alt text - crest of the light keepers, good aligned, good guys, guild, order recruitment, Holy order

NOTE THIS ORDER IS A NA-WEST SERVER NOW AND A REDIRECT TO OUR FUTURE NEW THREAD WILL BE POSTED HEAR

The Keepers of the Light are a faith based organisation that follow virtues structured by the original founder and shared by our religion of Virtori.

Those virtues are categorized in 3 groups.

• Faith.
    1. Free of Regret and or doubt
    2. Refrain from attachment
  • Goodness.
    1. Charity
    2. Protection
    3. Chivalry
    4. Mercy
  • Law.
    1. Punish the wicked
    2. Slay evil (Demons, Liches)
    3. Seek out wrong doers

What we do

Our order wishes to operate as a knighthood traveling from place to place doing good deeds and attaining land to further our goals in establishing a monogomi of religion. Those deeds must be good though the decision of what those good deeds are, are decided by the members present.

Alt text - Keepers of the Light aiding a new settlement with construction, Charity work, helping the poor, good Samaritan, virtuous, holy order, good aligned, good guys, guild / order recruitment, Holy order

How are members chosen?

Members can be welcomed into the organisation as initiates by any member or other initiate and can be fully accepted into the organisation or "brotherhood" once tried and branded by a council members, to be chosen as a member takes time and dedication to the faith.

How the order operates

The orders members are not necessarily all warriors though will largely be comprised of but may also carry pacifists seeking the path of sainthood in their own way which may take up various trades instead.

Supporters

Our Order will do acts of charity for many though mostly for those struck by disaster which we get much help from donations by our supporters. Donations to our churches also go to provisions and resources for those in need.

Serving justice

Once the order becomes renown enough it is hoped that they will acquire the trust and respect of the kingdoms and cities and thus be allowed to carry the rank of sheriff in those lands and be allowed to carry sentences themselves and even give out bounty tokens, this responsibility can be acquired by individual counties as well. Members of the Order that seek to eventually own land and have proven themselves wanting to the order as virtuous individuals will be passed land achieved through our endevours which will in turn serve the order and also be protected by it.

How does one find enlightenment

In the event of the Gods favoring one of our order and bestowing them a gift that allows them to be more effective in their duties in any way that member of the order receives the title of Enlightened one and will be deeply respected by the order.

Who can be a part of the Keepers?

Anyone can be part of the order even a king or count, the order is a brotherhood of those that swear to do good and to attain sainthood. You can join on missions as you please and build your city/dutchy on other timesm those that do so we call Initiates, which are like ride alongs. Though Ride alongs will not be allowed to follow the keepers outside of the kingdom if on an away mission.

Our Current Supporters

• High Count Duncan Farrow of Haverlands
  • Thane Devislayer of Strongmist County
  • Thane Asgeir Ulfberht of Skuja
  • The King of Tyria
  • Baroness Caramell Von Rose of Roselia

Call to arms

If you have read up to this point we ask that you please be a supporter of this order either by joining or helping out if ever you run into our members and help by spreading the word, or being charitable and aid in funding our deeds.

Alt text - Light Keepers facing down a demon, hunting demons, which hunting, slaying monsters, fighting evil, virtuous, Holy warriors, good aligned, good guys, guild / order recruitment, Holy order

Jump to our story :The keepers of the light how it was founded.

Link to the kingdom thread :The kingdom of Tyria NA-West home of the keepers of the light

10/22/2016 9:14:33 PM #1

Looking forward to seeing you around the world of Elyria. There can never, in my opinion, be to many faith based organisations or religions. It will make for interesting interactions. Good luck to you and your followers.

10/22/2016 9:54:13 PM #2

Faith based eh?

But the question is, which faith...

Friend Code: B8ADDD

10/22/2016 10:00:18 PM #3

We follow Virtori stricktly. It is also the main religion of our kingdom. just fixed that in the post.

10/25/2016 6:32:48 AM #4

Dworvin is a great friend and leader. I have great faith that his order will do great things and I wish him and his members all the best luck in their endeavors.

11/4/2016 12:56:22 AM #5

I am pleased to share the addition of the Story behind the keepers of the light to this thread.

The story of the keepers of the light:

Sir charles Bolton was a man of many vices who claimed to follow faith though never did he attend church for when he was not on his crusades for the king he would be whoring away his days in his bed chambers.

Charles was sent on a mission to reclaim the holy lands of miriam; this arduous task was what would change his life, it is the events that surrounded Sir charles Bolton in the holy lands of miriam that led to the founding of the keepers of the light.

In the holy lands sir charles was to besiege the walls of havaskamage which was the keep defending the home of the virtori; this battle started with seizing the keeps trade routs.

Charles the commander of the forces believed that starving them before the siege would be the best strategy.

Days turned to weeks and weeks into months but despite starving the miriams inside the keep they would chant their prayers loudly every night so that they would echo throughout the land.

The Commander payed no heed jesting that it was simply the wailing of goats being fucked, sir charles simply laughed and played cards with his friends Malsty Butkiss, Demetry Sinclair and Munch Adams till the time was to siege.

3 months had passed and the shields were sturdy, the ladders were prepared and the men were ready; the war horn sounded and the battle begun.

“Surely they would be dead after 3 months of holding out in that keep?” said Malsty.

But this was not the case, the miriams held the keep so brutally efficient that Charles forces were fighting a loosing battle and soon the base of the wall was littered with the bodies of his men.

Still throughout the night the battle continued not giving the Miriams time to sleep or chant their prayers though for days this continued and sir charles troops began to groan. They started to say that the mirams win for they do not follow an atheist leader like commander charles.

On the fift day of siege miriam supporting troops came rushing over the banks toward the keep and charles ordered his troops to advance to stop the oncoming troops which were carrying provisions as well as siege crossbows. His advance was hindered as a priestess stood on top of the oncoming goods and a pillar of light surrounded her, just as it happened the ground began to shake and it split apart running as far as the eye can see, dividing the lands between the two forces as it swallowed many of sir charles soldiers as well as those who were deceased at the foot of the keep.

Now the castle walls of Habaskamage were replenished of troops and provisions and all hope had been lost for charles forces.

Sir charles pride prevented a retreat and he cried “This is the enemy's land we stand upon and we should fight it and its people!”

Charles ordered his men to build bridges to cross the gap, though these efforts where impeded from giant crossbow fire which would both slay his men and destroy the bridges before they would approach the gap.

Still the commander persisted and his men began to plot of mutiny.

In his tent this night sir charles and his friends played cards in his tent oblivious to the happenings outside. Suddenly his own troops burst into his tents swords raised from all sides as they cut through the canvas. Malsty and demetry out of reflex attempted to draw their swords and were stabbed in the process, charles yelled out “Killing your commander would lead all of you families to ruin!” The two were seized; a man claimed that they should die though done indirectly so they were dragged through the mud to a chasm where their men threw them down. Hitting against the rocks their bodies flew about against the chasm walls before roughly crashing into its basin, a wet pit with no escape but the way they fell in.

Both were left beaten and bruised and charles was left with broken limbs and was left unconscious.

Some time after charles awoke to the soft sound of a beautiful woman speaking to his friend Munch, he heard his friend say yes and as he turned to look, in the dark he saw a pale lady exposing her soft naked skin caressing his friend as she wrapped her cloak around him covering him completely, she then turned to charles leering and smiling.

I pulled some parchment out of my pockets and wrote down the events that had happened, Down this chasm I write to you revealing myself as Sir Charles Bolton and this story is my own as I write this message for any to find upon my almost certain death.

The woman advanced in a way that seemed as she was floating and stood tall over me as I lay on the ground, I felt frightened pondering the question of where Munch had gone and why this pale woman draped in dark garments was here with me in a chasm partially filled with water where no exit seems present.

I took a deep breath and lay on my back as the water covered my ears and yelled out “Help!” though the woman leaned over me and touched my mouth and raised my head out of the water and said, that even the gods cannot hear me hear. I asked “Do you not know the gods watch over us from above?” She replied gently brushing my hair, “please do not jest sir charles, I do not believe you even hold true to the gods with all your vices, I know even in your decrepit state you wish for my flesh and for what I hold under these garments.” I replied “no” and that I needed to feel better, already frightened by the knowledge she possessed of me, I pondered the duration I was on conscious and what Munch had told her. The water provided little nourishment and was sullied in my blood though aided me in living for 4 days. I grew tired of its taste the more I drank it since with time the blood aged and the taste of my urine mixed amongst it. I began to pray that God would save me, would save us wherever Munch had gone; and the woman grew more bitter with me the more I look to hopping faith would save me. I wept as I cried out for Goodness and repented my vices of lust, sloth and gluttony and just as I did the woman shrieked and raged as she heeded me in an angry tone “God does not find you here” and I yelled back “Where is Munch! Where hath the gone!” She smiled and leaned over me and dropped her robes revealing her naked self and the man Munch as he was fusing as one with her self dissolving into her flesh, and she cackled “the man named Munch gave into his vices and chose the pleasures of the flesh and now I devour him into myself for nourishment as I pray to the vices of the guardians to bring the to me for nourishment!” An overwhelming sadness came over me as I looked at my dear friend Munch still breathing and looking at me unable to make a sound as he became one with the body of this evil.

I screamed out “It is the evil of vises that has kept you hear! Please Gods I repent save me from this malice!” And as I said so the witch shrieked as the sun peared light into the cave, her grotesque appearance came to light into the cave as the flesh off her bones turned to dust and my partly devoured naked friend fell to the ground dead in such a state that made me feel ill to look upon him.

The light shined like silver thread and following it came the rain in the day with no clouds to see it rained and rained and the cave filled with water and I began to float along with it till I was free from its depths and onto the lands above. “A miracle” I proclaimed “Hath the gods forgiven my sins and given me a second chance at life”

The bugs of the lands I ate though provided so little nourishment I was to Ill to move. A young bow and his lover where prancing through the fields which lived in a nearby village which I myself commanded my men to sack and prevent, to bring provisions to the keep we wished to lay waste. They opened their basket and pulled out a bun, the bun was beautiful in my eyes.

Such a meek thing cometh providing a gesture of goodwill that saved my life. Giving me a bun so plain my past self would not accept. Its crust split along the top revealing a star, a symbol proclaiming the havens a juster so pure and humble that changed my life, the actions of those children and the bun a symbol I take true to represent all the virtues I felt should be instilled in this plain bun in all its goodness. I ate the bun and the children left to seek aid in carrying me to the town where the soldiers i fought returned to their wives which all knew me the commander of the troops they had fought and bleed fighting and still welcomed me and healed me and fed me.

I wept over my foolishness of following a king so blindly into war against people whose peasants all greater than my own king. This king I followed out of honour and self assurement. Never again will I follow such a king.

When I got better I decided to swear allegiance to the king of the holy lands. Swearing to do good and only good and my sins I had absolved in my own way, I asketh of my friends to whip I naked back every night so that I may repent for my past sins while making up for them with good deeds in the present, I founded the keepers of the light which was dedicated to the very light that shined down into that cave, the light that duth slain the wicked and that light that called upon the rain which saved me from the chasm I could call Karcion and this same light that I saw shining through all the people of the holy land.

I died in good faith never seeking revenge, helping the people, spreading the gospel, and founding the keepers. My body buried in the holy lands covered by the banner of my order sporting crest; the star in the bun of charity.

11/4/2016 1:06:12 AM #6

I would like to call Viewers to please like posts you enjoyed as well as comment with questions or even concerns if any, the group is fairly new and we could yous any sort of support at this stage.

11/6/2016 11:52:26 PM #7

If I was in Tyria I would join in a heartbeat ^^ I love the idea

And great thread

My ongoing biography, as written by the community:

Posted By annfrank at 04:15 AM - Tue Apr 11 2017

I'm woke AF

Posted By Apaukolypse at 05:31 AM - Fri Apr 21 2017

I like memes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

11/7/2016 4:27:58 AM #8

The amount of times I check this thread in a day is ridiculous. just today I checked it over 8 times! Where are the new members :Sob:

11/10/2016 7:32:45 PM #9

Hey all the keepers are looking for members that are part of the kingdom of Tyria or wish to join and to play Battlefield 1 with. Reply hear or PM me on Discord to join!

Hear is our squad Discord. https://discord.gg/Qu2EGFX

11/10/2016 8:53:50 PM #10

Would the Keepers of the light like to be supported by the City of Roselia? I am the Baron of that city and one of our focuses is supplying weapons and potions of healing to the armies of the kingdom of Tyria. If your interested PM me.

11/15/2016 12:25:45 AM #11

Very cool idea, I feel like groups like this are going to be necessary to help maintain the balance of the world, one that isn't motivated by the potential benefits of making a move over protecting the innocent or weak, but does it out of the kindness of it's members hearts.

I wish your group the best, and if I ever run into your members I will do my best to assist their endeavors.

11/16/2016 10:54:25 PM #12

Thank you everyone for your interest and support in the group. :D Our members are very active even if it does not show to much in the discord text chat. we do talk to each other most of the time.

Currently we are heavy into battlefield 1 but with ESO online going on heavy sale we are considering playing together.

11/26/2016 2:42:54 PM #13

a keepers guild is in the works in Elder Scroles online. currently 3 keepers joined.

Looking forward to more keepers joining and building up the group.

Calling out pure souls to join our cause.

11/26/2016 3:45:03 PM #14

Welcome to the Kingdom!

1/21/2017 9:12:09 PM #15

The keepers of the light is now a NA-West group since it has followed King Archibold to the NA-West server. I will post a link hear to our new thread once it has gone through changes since we are restructuring our post.