COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[NA-E] The Village of Medea

Objectives

• Offer an attractive and secure settlement for crafters / producers, gatherers, merchants, and specialized guilds.
  • Give players access to diverse guilds and teachers to learn / develop their skills and enterprises.
  • Provide affordable residential, industrial, agricultural and commercial space to players and organizations.

Who we are looking for?

• Players who will be adventurers and explorers / pve players.
  • Players who will be gatherers, crafters, producers, merchants, general and specialized guild owners looking for a settlement and community to call home for their family or group.

About The Village of Medea

Medea strives to become a renowned hub for business, trade and commerce in the Kingdom of Kairos. We are designing our village to accommodate and support smaller guilds, factions, and pve focus players. Essentially, these group of players want to enjoy the social (RP), crafting, and building aspects of the game away from the chaos of pvp politics and hard dictatorship of large strict organized guilds. However, let's be realistic, the bigger guilds are the way they are because they are good at pvp. As a result they do whatever they want, and generally oppress and grief pve players and smaller guilds from enjoying the game. In light of this, Medea is designed to work symbiotically with pvp guilds, but oriented in a way to support and allow pve and smaller guilds to act independently and retain their autonomy. We want Medea to be an attractive place for both pve and pvp players a like to call their home. The Village of Medea is founded by The House of Ze’ev.

Location / County: TBD

Kingdom: Kingdom Of Kairos ruled by King Thared Richfort - www.kingdomofkairos.com

Pledge: The city is pledged to serve Guild Apollo ruled by Spongehunter.

Reasons to start life in the Village of Medea?

There are many factors to consider why people should choose the Village of Medea as their starting city, home or base of business operations. The reasons are listed below:

1. Affordability – citizens should be able to afford personal housing or commercial space for their guild or business. They do whatever they wish on their property.
  2. Taxes – taxe rates will be reasonable. Citizens should be able to joyfully spend and invest on their hard earned gold. Consequently, tax earnings will be invested into research, upgrades, maintenance, repairs and settlement defenses and security.
  3. Employment Opportunities –employment should be diverse and available in our village through the diverse guilds and merchant businesses we aim to attract to our settlement.
  4. Real Estate Value – providing quality public facilities to citizens and focusing on important upgrades, technological research and advancement will be paramount in increasing the value of our real estate and properties.
  5. Crime Rates and Statistics – low crime rates makes business and residency attractive to players. The settlement will provide security by hiring npc patrol guards and developing defensive structures such as walls and towers, and a prison in the future to maintain law and order. We will also seek military/pvp guilds with aligned ideals to join and act as our combined military force and protectors. A peaceful relation with neighboring powers is in the top of the list.
  6. Proximity to Family and Friends – settlement location needs to be generally close to other friendly cities and settlements for security and trade purposes. Additionally, to maintain easy access to extended family and friends to ensure the flourishing of houses and family bloodlines of our citizen.
  7. Climate and Natural Resources – location that is close to diverse and basic local resources and longer warmer climates is ideal to ensure the settlement is generally supplied all year round. Water, woodland and minerals would be basic and primary resources to invest in.
  8. Education System – promoting venues that encourage players to explore and learn their chosen profession(s) through the standard and specialized guilds stationed in the settlement.
  9. Culture – attracting and encouraging diverse specialized guilds in craft and skill education is paramount to developing culture. Examples include weaving, breeding, weapon and armor smithing, baking, husbandry, weapon training, hunting, barding, etc. Additionally, to include the development of player run events and merchant businesses especially via taverns and safe inns to improve social life, trade and tourism is key.
  10. Public Transportation Options – easy access to land and sea travel is important to facilitate and promote trade, tourism and population growth.
  11. Food Options – supporting in agricultural development and specialized guilds invested in related herbal medicine and cooking will ensure diversification in culinary delights, medical care and physical health improvements.
  12. Town or City Size – a focus in population and city expansion are important to settlement sustainability and prosperity. Erecting a castle or form of an achievement landmark in the future to mark a crowning achievement in our social, population, economical, and technological advancement is very favorable down the road.
  13. Health Care Facilities – specialized guilds that one way or another influences and improve the condition of mind and body, such as healers, wise women, medicine doctors, apothecaries, potion makers, cooks, etc. are important to the overall health care of our citizens.

Government

The Village of Medea is governed by Mayor Lucius Blackheart Lupin under a democratic council consisting of his selected advisors, council members and guild leaders residing in his village.

Laws

Under Construction

About Mayor Lucius Blackheart Lupin

I’m a Canadian and now living in New York. I’m a graphics and fine arts artist by trade. I enjoy reading, video games, working out, partying, and just chilling in coffee shops doing my paper work. I tend to enjoy the building, customization, and creation aspects of online multiplayer games, especially its co-creative and team building elements. I am a person of patience and integrity, but do have my limits and expect kindness and respect from others. I am running as Mayor of the Village of Medea and currently in the layaway stages.

Village Lore (Role Play Background)

Legend speaks of a witch who lived in the woods. Brave villagers from near and far would travel to her for advice, charms, and curses and to grant other mundane requests. Her reputation exceeded her and word spread claiming that she was a sorceress from a far away land. Another claim she was a former queen who abandoned her kingdom because she retaliated and punished her king for betraying her. In the forest where she practiced her wild magic, she aided a man in a quest with the ability to commune with wolves. From their countless adventures together their attraction to each other grew. In their union they formed a house called The House of Ze’ev. Villages to which their quests delivered them to prospered through her presence, charms, and knowledge. To commemorate the service and prosperity she had blessed over their land and people; a farming and trade community named their small village in her name, Medea.

Citizenship

To become a citizen of the Village of Medea, post an application in our discord channel. Any inquiries leave a message there. VoM - Discord Channel Contact "Lucius" in Discord.

- more information underway -

Count Cartagia Vintari- Duchy of Vitalis

1/3/2017 3:36:51 PM #1

Hi everyone,

Come drop by our Discord and say hello and introduce yourself or your faction. Thanks!

1/4/2017 6:33:27 AM #2

Always good to see more menn and womenn of Kairos up on the CoE Forums!

1/4/2017 4:46:28 PM #3

Thanks Hessan, I look forward to being your neighbor and working with your county.

1/4/2017 6:04:08 PM #4

welcome to the show..

Vornair/ Somerset /// Guild Leader Apollo

1/4/2017 7:58:11 PM #5

Thank you Hessan and welcome to our discord when you have time !!

1/4/2017 9:48:04 PM #6

Announcement: Mazo head of Architectural Development of Elyria has agreed to join as advisor to our village Medea. We will consult him for information and tips when the time arrives on settlement expansion and building, and related real estate developments. Thank you Mazo.

See their organization here: Architectural Development of Elyria

I'm still building my advisory circle. Specialized guilds please reach out to me and I same. Thanks.

1/14/2017 3:43:19 PM #7

This is a beautiful post. It would be nice to establish town relations since our town themes compliment each other. Do you have an idea of what duchy or county you would like to be in?

1/27/2017 7:05:26 AM #8

Friendly bump!

2/3/2017 3:25:03 AM #9

Looking forward to it Lucius.

2/20/2017 2:02:25 PM #10

always productive - breathe, got a long time to go :)

Vornair/ Somerset /// Guild Leader Apollo

3/13/2017 5:23:35 PM #11

Great Town description good work.

Apollo has a lot of people I'm glad you guys are with the Kingdom Of Kairos!

“The important thing in strategy is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions” -Miyamoto Musashi

Count of Jinroh County. We are not the Men who dress like Dogs.... We are the Wolves disguised like Men.. (Friend Code: F33A1F)

4/9/2017 3:22:35 AM #12

Ohh as a mayor myself, I'm happy to see others describe their towns so greatly! I'd love to go visit!

5/21/2017 3:20:19 AM #13

Hope your Count gets some trade going on with my settlements! :D