COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Will my pledge package fit me?

I just bought the Bloodline package solely for the Beta access, horse, packmule and the items. But i'm planning on living as an outlaw on my own.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I know that i will become a landowner, but i don't want to become a landowner. If that makes sense ha ha.

1/26/2017 10:13:43 PM #1

Sounds just fine for you. You aren't getting much, if anything, from the package won't fit the role you want to play, and you're helping to support the game. Its a win-win I'd say.

1/26/2017 10:20:04 PM #2

Sounds perfect for you. You could always lease that land off as well, or sell it completely.

1/26/2017 10:20:37 PM #3

Yeah but do i HAVE to be a landowner? Founder package would fit my playstyle much better but i got some other things from bloodline package such as EP, hence why i bought it.

1/26/2017 10:21:10 PM #4

Posted By FateWeaver at 11:20 PM - Thu Jan 26 2017

Sounds perfect for you. You could always lease that land off as well, or sell it completely.

True, i can sell, thank you :)

1/26/2017 10:26:24 PM #5

If you rob people or commit crimes and eventually get caught, you probably won't be a land owner any more anyway :)

In most cases you're going to live a very hard life as an outlaw. I've seen very few exceptions. Crimes in my county will get dealt with harshly too.

That said, I plan to provision for a small "Robber keep" in my County akin to a Raubritter from Darklands.

"WHAAT?" I hear you say.

Look out for the post in a moment. I think it's only fair that deviants get a bit of love..

1/26/2017 10:28:47 PM #6

You could always just buy some EP separately if you wanted any extra items. Probably work easier for you.

1/26/2017 10:29:11 PM #7

hmmm owning land dose not prevent you being a bandit...

u could choose to have your land out in the bush and build up a nice little Fort to raid out of...

and worse case yes u could sell the land have have that money as somting to buy good gear so ur hunting is easyer.

would not look at these things as things u could not use somehow

they are even letting u trade items in for ep which u could use to buy a wagon or somthing to be more mobile and still have benfit of home buff

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

1/27/2017 12:24:56 AM #8

mmmh your bloodline perk gives you the opportunity to choose a family and custumise their surname you also inherit their belongings if you are nice to your parents and make them like you if you want to the a criminal just don't give a damn about your parents and they'll give it to one of your NPC brother and sister

1/27/2017 11:22:34 AM #9

You could keep your identity as an outlaw secret, always wear a mask while committing your crimes, and that way you could have a respectable double life in your little plot of land, with a hidden basement underneath your run down little cottage/farm house that holds all your stolen goods.

1/27/2017 11:30:38 AM #10

Posted By Rectify at 12:22 PM - Fri Jan 27 2017

You could keep your identity as an outlaw secret, always wear a mask while committing your crimes, and that way you could have a respectable double life in your little plot of land, with a hidden basement underneath your run down little cottage/farm house that holds all your stolen goods.

That sure is a good idea. My plan is being an assassin, specializing in being an alchemist.

1/27/2017 11:58:50 AM #11

Sounds like you have a plan then. I wish you well in your assassinations, as long as I don't end up a target :p

1/28/2017 6:51:29 AM #12

Well hey if you don't want the land...;)

alt text

1/28/2017 10:35:48 AM #13

Edit: I know that i will become a landowner, but i don't want to become a landowner. If that makes sense ha ha.

I think you are confused. Bloodline doesn't come with any land. Yes the family you choose to be born into may have land, but that's true no matter what level you back. Even people new to the game after Launch will have that (and you can always choose to be born a Ward anyway if a family and home don't interest you).

The first level that comes with land that is owned free and clear by you is Mayor, and that's because it's necessary for you to own a percentage of the land in your settlement to be considered Mayor.

I just bought the Bloodline package solely for the Beta access, horse, packmule and the items. But i'm planning on living as an outlaw on my own.

It sounds perfect for you. When I first backed CoE I choose Bloodline for the very same reason (though I more wanted to be an adventurer/traveller than an outlaw).

I would point out that Settler and Proprietor don't come with land either. The Settler will get you a Wagon (to haul your stolen goods?) and the Merchant's pack (which comes with more detailed maps of your chosen starting duchy - which may come in handy for an outlaw). The Proprietor will get you an Ursaphant (an impressive looking Mount) on top of that.

Imgur Imgur

1/28/2017 12:01:05 PM #14

Posted By Sharielane at 11:35 AM - Sat Jan 28 2017

I think you are confused. Bloodline doesn't come with any land. Yes the family you choose to be born into may have land, but that's true no matter what level you back. Even people new to the game after Launch will have that (and you can always choose to be born a Ward anyway if a family and home don't interest you).

The first level that comes with land that is owned free and clear by you is Mayor, and that's because it's necessary for you to own a percentage of the land in your settlement to be considered Mayor.

It sounds perfect for you. When I first backed CoE I choose Bloodline for the very same reason (though I more wanted to be an adventurer/traveller than an outlaw).

I would point out that Settler and Proprietor don't come with land either. The Settler will get you a Wagon (to haul your stolen goods?) and the Merchant's pack (which comes with more detailed maps of your chosen starting duchy - which may come in handy for an outlaw). The Proprietor will get you an Ursaphant (an impressive looking Mount) on top of that.

Well shit, you just made me want to pledge for Proprietor.

1/28/2017 12:11:35 PM #15

shar good work +1 to u

we will make a salesman out of you yet!!!

and gem glad to hear your intrested in upping your pledge. but like i said early having land is not a bad thing and all the nobles will get starting EP that can be spent on upgrading land or buying more or just getting mounts and siege engines.

have to wait for the EP store to come out to see all the options but a Wagon for 2 would be ideal for your plans as it would have all the usefulness of a home but mobility to move if the heat in a certain county became to high for you,

not that i promote Bandits or any thing but ha each player has the right to play how they want to have fun :)

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X