COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Mayor/Baron dedication?

Exactly how much responsibility lies upon a Mayor/Baron? How many hours would I have to put into managing my keep? I've seen different numbers on the threads, and I'm wondering of there's an official confirmation, or just speculation.

Originally I wanted to pledge proprietor, but with Mayor/Baron only being a 25$ dollar difference & some decent benefits, I wanted to take that into consideration.

Originally I wanted to pledge proprietor because I still wanted to explore Elyria. However, if I can still decently explore as a Mayor/Baron I wouldn't mind be tied down a bit. I know there are weekly duties & I couldn't explore any longer than say a week & a half tops(venturing & returning), but how intense are the duties?

Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together.

2/26/2017 1:09:07 AM #1

I have always heard the official amount of time to be 2-4/week. A count,duke,king progressively more.

2/26/2017 1:29:57 AM #2

Okay, so I take it that the 1-2 hours/week is in correlation to the a proprietor then?

Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together.

2/27/2017 2:20:14 AM #3

I feel that you'll want as a mayor/baron, count, duke or king to always be able to interact with the management aspect related to you so I would discourage going on adventures for more than a few days, so I'd use an alt to go out and adventure or the other way around let your alt home and give him the rights to use the management tools, but then you'll be loosing alot more lifetime upon death so that option would just be stupid.

my advice if you want to go mayor get yourself an alt that can go out for weeks at times, and keep yourself around your land to visit it so it can't be adverse possesed, and to manage your business and stuff.

also if remaining proprietor remember if you own land in another person settlement/county you need to be around to pay your taxes or you could get into serious trouble, I'd advise adventurers to join guilds wich would have barracks so you don't have land taxes or rent on your home to miss while out exploring the world, also if you plan on not being around for a long period of time plan ahead a little and have the initiative to go to your local lord to pay your taxes.

helps you keep out of trouble with the law :P

2/27/2017 3:32:21 AM #4

Also remember that the lower level villages/towns will have a town council comprised of the land owners in the area. As a mayor you can possibly ask one of the members of the council to help with a few of the tasks that need to be done be it on a temporary or permanent basis. Delegation will be a beautiful thing.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

2/27/2017 6:03:01 AM #5

Posted By CountFrancisDrake at 8:20 PM - Sun Feb 26 2017

I feel that you'll want as a mayor/baron, count, duke or king to always be able to interact with the management aspect related to you so I would discourage going on adventures for more than a few days, so I'd use an alt to go out and adventure or the other way around let your alt home and give him the rights to use the management tools, but then you'll be loosing alot more lifetime upon death so that option would just be stupid.

my advice if you want to go mayor get yourself an alt that can go out for weeks at times, and keep yourself around your land to visit it so it can't be adverse possesed, and to manage your business and stuff.

also if remaining proprietor remember if you own land in another person settlement/county you need to be around to pay your taxes or you could get into serious trouble, I'd advise adventurers to join guilds wich would have barracks so you don't have land taxes or rent on your home to miss while out exploring the world, also if you plan on not being around for a long period of time plan ahead a little and have the initiative to go to your local lord to pay your taxes.

helps you keep out of trouble with the law :P

Mmmm, yes. I was actually considering simply making an alt & have him be my adventurer. I was a little torn on if that would give more more play time to explore, or less. Because, now not only do I have a settlement to manage, but a whole other character with his own life & struggles to cater to. Delegating duties doesn't seem like too bad of an idea either. I don't necessarily want to always be out & about, but I would like the chance to go on an "expedition" from time to time.

I think I might have things all figured out though. Might be seeing you in Vornair mate. Maybe. We shall see.

4/26/2017 8:43:51 PM #6

So, I'm assuming, as mayor spending most of my time crafting for the Kingdom in my wee town I would have no issues dealing with the daily needs. Then have an alt with some martial skills when I want to adventure.

Can't wait for pre alpha to get rolling in full.

Long live King Evelake

5/13/2017 3:14:29 PM #7

The part with delegating duties will make it easier, but from a logical point of view it will either be depending on what season it is, and at the end of the year you will meet with the tax collectors or the duke who you pledged allegiance to.

Shroud to The Covenant of the Veil