COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
BEWARE! Tips for Xsolla

Please be careful when checking out during the layaway or package purchase, Xsolla just released a new feature that by default it includes 18% tip per transaction! Make sure to set-up as none before you click Pay now! Otherwise Xsolla will be glad for your donation!

4/7/2017 6:38:31 AM #1

I believe this deserves a Sticky!

Good Detective work Azeron.

4/7/2017 6:41:47 AM #2

Yeah I picked up another package and they tried to get an extra 180 dollars out of me, lol

4/7/2017 6:45:02 AM #3

I just noticed this as well. What exactly is Xsolla doing for me that is tipworthy? I'm all for giving underpaid folks in the service industry tips, but this is silly.

And worse, it's a default 18%! That's better than I got serving tables.

4/7/2017 6:45:06 AM #4

Yeah, I noticed that a week ago, than they took it off and now its back again. So everyone be careful when checking out!

Xsolla is already getting % per transaction. No need to give them more money. If you want spend more money, purchase extra EP from CoE, at least the funds will be used for something useful that we all believe in!

4/7/2017 6:59:56 AM #5

Wow, that's scummy, giving a tip is not assumed so to set it as default is just scummy in my opinion. Good service announcement Azeron, would hate for even one person to accidentally give a tip like that.

4/7/2017 7:07:12 AM #6

Those greedy tyrannical bafoons kill them all

4/7/2017 7:10:00 AM #7

That is so beyond dodgy. Really trying to milk people good.

4/7/2017 7:44:34 AM #8

That on top of their method of "account verification" is really crummy for those that have banks which don't offer pending transaction information. I had to go through another service just to use theirs.

4/7/2017 8:46:22 AM #9

Yeah, that's pretty lame. Easy to gloss over that as a tax or transaction fee.

4/7/2017 9:13:50 AM #10

Man that sucks if noone pays attention to it. Thanks for the warning, this for sure helps! <3

Celestine Devereau

Kingdom of Blackheart - Darkholm Duchy - Detrahit County

4/7/2017 9:17:47 AM #11

Almost got caught out with this so great thread, Thanks!

4/7/2017 9:29:53 AM #12

I think SBS need to contact them and tell them to remove it from all CoE transactions as it looks bad for the company/game

4/7/2017 9:33:41 AM #13

yes i think SBS should defently be made aware of this.

i dout it was in the contract they signed with xsolla

dodgy and underhanded

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

4/7/2017 10:37:46 AM #14

Xsolla seems to have a secret goal of making small game companies look bad. For at least the past month they have been causing Standing Stone Games grief with any PayPal purchases for both Dungeons & Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online. A lot of customers became very upset with SSG when it was in fact all Xsolla's fault. Soon afterwards, Xsolla then made a change in the store API code to maintain PCI [credit card security] compliance and broke the store's in game browser compatibility. Subsequently causing more problems when now launched in an external less secure browser window with occasional bad links to an internal game network it no longer recognizes.

All of the game companies suffering with Xsolla should unite together and confront them about their poor business practices.

Those who fail to learn the historical maneuvers of the Great Dance are doomed to repeating a classic misstep. -- FC--96C878

4/7/2017 10:40:35 AM #15

wow, just wow.... and since they have set it by default i'm surprised they haven't done it as a 20% default one, since in the UK we have to pay 20% VAT, so it could easily be disguised as that and you'd not even give it a second thought.

The worst thing is that their systems will actually be used in places like the food service industry. You'll be thinking your tipping the waitress/server/etc but your actually tipping the payment processor.