COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA ORGANIZATIONS
[NA-W] School of Bardic Arts

Welcome to the School of Bardic Arts

Location: Angelica Server: Blackheart Kingdom, Olath Valm Duchy, Harlequin County, Prophecy City

School of Bardic Arts Discord

Our Goal: Facilitate the advancement of Knowledge and Performance.

Show your support with a Guild Token!

Who we are:
We are dreamers and social butterflies, tinkerers and scholars. Each of us is drawn to the creative skills of the Bard for different reasons but we know that by working together we can achieve so much more than we can alone. Our research and development will lead to faster breakthroughs and new techniques that will be passed on and improved throughout generations of scholars. You can be a part of this. Join us as we bring the future to Elyria.

What we provide:
Our campus offers advanced workstations to learn, hone and excel in your skills. As a student and scholar you will be part of a network of like-minded people, all focused on making you better at what you want to do. By improving others, you improve yourself.

Become Certified:
As you progress throughout the curriculum and attain even greater skill you will be awarded with your efforts by receiving Merits of Achievement as follows.

• Diploma of Expertise: Granted for gaining Expert rank in a particular skill taught at the School.

• Degree in Bardic Arts: Granted for completion of all requirements in a degree program.

Higher levels of these Merits are available for those who attain Master rank. These documents are proof of your ability and should be displayed proudly.

How we will attain our goal:
All students will have access to our ever-expanding library to help them get a jump start on their skills, followed by extensive tutoring from our more learned scholars. For those who achieve an Expert level of ability, a faculty position may be offered and a Research Directive will be issued along that skill line. You will be asked to spend some of your research time on the given directive and supplies may be granted toward the task. By issuing these Directives we are able to set a firm sight on what we will accomplish.

Degree Programs

Bounty Hunting
Learn investigative skills to procure evidence, question witnesses, and track down criminals.
Requirements: Inquiry (Forensics, Interrogation), Misinformation, Hunting (Tracking), Knowledge (Law, Linguistics)

Cartography
Learn to traverse the land, and record never before seen places while creating maps others can use.
Requirements: Scribing (Cartography), Replication (Document Replication), Wayfinding (Surveying), Knowledge (Astronomy)

Lore
Learn to look for signs in the stars and gather information. Transcribe what you learn and create contracts for important negotiations.
Requirements: Scribing (Calligraphy), Replication (Document Replication), Knowledge (Linguistics, Cryptography, Archaeology, Folk Remedies, Law, Astrology, Astronomy)

Music
Learn to compose and play music in a variety of styles.
Requirements: Scribing (Musical Composition), Musical Arts (Percussion, String Instrument, Wind Instrument, Horn), Performing Arts (Song), Knowledge (Linguistics)

Performance
Learn to put on a show using your entire body to convey your message, while pretending to be someone else.
Requirements: Performing Arts (Dance, Acrobatics), Disguise (Makeup, Mimicry), Knowledge (Linguistics)

Elyria needs more than just farmers, blacksmiths and warriors. It needs the skills of a master Bard. It needs you.

3/23/2017 2:34:09 AM #1

I like that you'll have focuses on astronomy and "forensics"

+1 for an interesting take on the bardic side of things

3/23/2017 3:07:18 AM #2

Posted By CounterfeitProphet at 7:34 PM - Wed Mar 22 2017

I like that you'll have focuses on astronomy and "forensics"

+1 for an interesting take on the bardic side of things

Thank you! All of the skills in the Bard line provide interesting benefits that don't fall under normal use and I thought they should all be treated with equal attention.

3/23/2017 3:44:36 PM #3

Hi Ravenlute... so yeah, i'm not trying to step on your toes or anything here, and you probably don't know this since your new to the community, but you have basically described Fennec Academy ;)

Fennec Academy is also part of Blackheart so it might be a good idea to team up with ideas etc.... i won't go into any more detail than that here since this is your recruitment thread etc, but i wanted to let you know about it so we're not working against each other or anything

3/24/2017 1:13:51 AM #4

Posted By Nagash at 08:44 AM - Thu Mar 23 2017

Hi Ravenlute... so yeah, i'm not trying to step on your toes or anything here, and you probably don't know this since your new to the community, but you have basically described Fennec Academy ;)

Fennec Academy is also part of Blackheart so it might be a good idea to team up with ideas etc.... i won't go into any more detail than that here since this is your recruitment thread etc, but i wanted to let you know about it so we're not working against each other or anything

I did quite a bit of research before deciding what I wanted to do. I even considered joining Fennec Academy. However, I concluded that opening my School of Bardic Arts would provide a more focused approach to those people wanting to learn from that specific skill set. I also noticed a severe lack of Bard schools in NA-W which I found surprising considering how RP heavy many of the groups on the server are. Finally, though we both reside in the same Kingdom, we are in different Duchies and the convenience of choice cannot be overlooked.

From what I have seen, the members of Fennec Academy are a fine and dedicated bunch and I look forward to collaborating with them in the future.

3/28/2017 4:04:42 AM #5

Formatted the OP to make it less like a wall-of-text.

3/28/2017 4:47:40 PM #6

Posted By Nagash at 11:44 AM - Thu Mar 23 2017

Also, even though Fennec Academy is in the same Kingdom...until we find out how large the game world actually is (which theorycrafting is stating its already going to be huge), Fennec might be too far physically for some people to make the trek regularly without being forced to move there.

Fennec Academy is located in Fennec County inside a different duchy. And while they are good people, a more local option can help as well. I hope both succeed!

P.S. I'll be employing Bards, so send some graduates my way ;)

4/3/2017 3:34:09 AM #7

I was thinking similar Bedeude. With the size of the world and lack of fast travel, convenience is going to play a factor in where people decide to train or shop or live.

I'll create a billboard of sorts as a resource for students to find employers. Let me know what specific skills you're looking for and I'll start the list with you.

4/8/2017 4:24:22 AM #8

NA-W, I'm calling to you!

I know there are many talented people who call the NA-W home. If you plan to focus on performing, contract writing, navigation, or detective work then stop in and talk with us. We'll tell you how we can help you achieve your goals.

4/13/2017 6:34:15 AM #9

Astronomy is a skill set in the Bardic studies. There has been mention of highly trained astronomers being able to foresee a characters destiny. Will this then branch into Elyrian Astrology and allow the use of constellations and celestial bodies to make fortunes?

Discussion thread created.

4/14/2017 4:56:04 PM #10

A fine institution. I wish you the best of luck. It would be nice collaborating with other academic institutions.

Give Fennec a run for their money. ;]

- Shmuck

4/27/2017 2:08:56 AM #11

Up, up, we go!

4/30/2017 4:01:39 PM #12

Bumps for friendly relations.

- Shmuck

5/2/2017 3:34:07 AM #13

Original post updated with Certification information! :D

5/2/2017 5:01:10 AM #14

Hmmmm, looks just like My Academy....we should talk in game!

5/2/2017 7:52:39 PM #15

Posted By Kolvan at 10:01 PM - Mon May 01 2017

Hmmmm, looks just like My Academy....we should talk in game!

It looks like we're both NA-W so that could certainly happen!