COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE ORGANIZATIONS
[EU] The Terenian Legion

The Terenian Legion

Lore:

Throughout history Terenia has been a lot of things, from Kingdom to an overrun and abused piece of land, to a duchy many men have fought for. One of the things Terenia was known for in earlier times was “The Terenian Legion”, mostly revered to as “The Legion” by the original inhabitants of Terenia. In the war against Zygethia, The Legion was founded by the former Terenian lords who were forced to band together and create a military force that was accustomed to fight with each other, instead of loose soldiers that were led by different lords. The Legion was used to mount a decent defence against Zygethia. The Legion consisted of disciplined, loyal and brave soldiers who possessed great skill. Every member of The Legion was respected and honoured for his dedication to a lifetime of war and battle, just so others may have a chance to live in peace. The secret of The Legion was its training and discipline, making it a fearsome and respectable force on each battlefield, regardless of their numbers. During the war against Zygethia, The Legion fought many great battles, some of them are still being mentioned in local taverns. But the overwhelming numbers of Zygethia proved to be too much, even to The Legion, and finally Terenia fell at the hands of Zygethia. As Terenia fell so did The Legion. The Legion wasn’t allowed to exist anymore and people weren’t allowed to even speak of it. After many long years Zygethia crumbled from within and so the Romarian Empire arose. The Romarian Emperor still didn’t allow The Legion to exist, being scared of a rebellion.

For reasons unknown to many, Arthos Romaria, the Emperor of Romaria, disappeared, and left the Empire’s lands in despair and disarray. Demiqas Liacan, former right hand of Arthos, was the one who made Terenia independent again and united the lords of Terenia, this event was called by many as “The Rebirth of Terenia”. One of the things Liacan did to protect Terenia and its inhabitants was to assemble the old force of Terenia: “The Legion”.

It was only a matter of time until Liacan had to call on the legion to stand against the Demalion Empire, a story with a much different outcome than most had expected.

For those who are interested in the history of Terenia go to -THE DUCHY OF TERENIA here-, here you will find a great story about the fall and rise of Terenia, written by TheEvilBassist.

There will be a link here to the full story of The Legion, but that is still work in progress.

And now it is time to make The Terenian Legion come alive once more! Brothers! If you hear the call to arms! If you want to dedicate your life to brotherhood, discipline, companionship and courage, wait no longer!

How will it function?

The Terenian Legion will exist like a guild in game, it will exist of players dedicated to be in an army. In character everyone just doesn’t know better than The Legion being an army. Terenia is a roleplaying community, this will make the experience more immersive. Though it isn’t expected of you to roleplay, just know others might. Every member of The Legion will be respected and we want you to have a good time.

In time we want to fill the ranks, making squads, platoons and companies each with their own officer. First we want to fill the ranks, so if we have enough to fill a squad, a sergeant will be appointed and so on. When the Legion has grown to sufficient numbers, and it proves to be beneficial in-game , divisions such as cavalry, infantry and archers will be created. Letting each player choose what they want to do as much as possible.

If you want to know more about this, feel free to ask.

Ok then, where will I start?

Well first of all, please join our discord here. We will talk to each other, get to know each other and we will try to make you feel at home. If you want a specific rank or function in The Legion, leave an application and we will talk about it.

In game you will start at Elduir Stronghold, where you will be trained to master your fighting skills, after that you will be trained to fight as one with the rest of The Legion. If it proves to be too big of a task for just 1 barony, another one may be asked help with this task.

From here you will be sent to the part of the Duchy where you will be needed most, you have a say in that of course. We are not here to boss you around, you need to have a great time! On the occasion when you do find yourself in battle, you are expected to follow the orders of your officer, according to your rank. As we wouldn’t want any discussions at such times, afterwards however there will be the time and place for listening to your feedback. We would like to add to this that you might find yourself in the occasion that your officer gives you an order while he is in character(Yeah it can happen), if this order isn’t right for you at this time, just go out of character, if you weren’t already, and tell him: “I can’t do this right now because of..reasons.” We are sure an agreement will be made. Like we said, you don’t have to roleplay, we just think it will help with the dramatic storytelling Caspian is always on about.

Each 2 weeks there will be set up multiple training events, we want you to attend at least 1 every two weeks. This is how we will distinguish ourselves from other armies, here you will maintain your tactical skills.

We will try to keep it interesting, sending you on missions and such. And of course in times of despair, we will call on you! In times of peace you may be asked to scout around the settlement where you are stationed, next to that you are free to do as you please. If you want some time of, just let us know. We aim to create a mature community here and we will respect your RL responsibilities.

What about barons?

The barons of Terenia will be part of The Terenian Army, but not necessarily part of The Terenian Legion. It’s up to the baron himself to decide. This is for the simple reason to give barons a chance to run their baronies as they please. So they can be a baron which can be called upon in times of need, doing their own thing in times of peace. You can ask yourself what’s in it for you as a baron to join The Legion. Well, again it is up to you, you would receive an officer's rank as you would be a huge addition to the Legion, you would be invited for training battles and you would naturally have more troops, as players might be stationed as troops at your barony. But most of all, you should like the concept and choose to be a part of it. We choose for this structure so we do not push anyone in a direction they do not want. However in times of need, any baron is expected to answer the call to battle and follow the duke and/or the commander into battle!

If I want to be a soldier I can just join any barony, why should I join The Legion?

Indeed, you can join any barony, I can even recommend a view in Terenia. The choice is yours, as a soldier of The Legion you probably move around more, will see more of the land as The Legion is more flexible, operating throughout the entire Duchy, and maybe further.
As a soldier of any given barony you might feel closer to that specific part of land. It will be different playstyles and it is for you to decide which one suits you best.

The Terenian Reserves

In times of conflict and war, food will go low and people will do a lot for a roof over their heads and some food - even risk their lives. They're less reliable than a military force, but if well organized the reserves can prove a great reinforcement to our defenses. The reserves will offer the citizens a chance to fight for their lands, for what they believe in. People who wish to enlist to the Reserves will receive basic training. When they are called upon they will follow the orders from an assigned military officer.

The Wolfpack:

The Wolfpack should consist of the most highly skilled warriors. They will be the guard of Duke Demiqas Liacan. They will follow the Duke wherever he goes. If you want to join The Wolfpack you will certainly have to prove yourself. The members of The Wolfpack will answer directly to the Duke and will follow only his orders.

We hope we have informed you properly and to hear from you soon! discord

4/10/2017 9:17:53 PM #1

Looks well written and sounds pleasing.

4/11/2017 11:40:28 AM #2

Nice post friend!

Alt text

4/11/2017 1:14:54 PM #3

Thank you guys

4/19/2017 8:40:00 PM #4

The Terenian Legion is always looking for new members, if interested, contact me on discord. I'm looking forward to meet you!

4/23/2017 10:24:42 PM #5

Excellent thread!

4/29/2017 6:25:39 PM #6

Thank you Soulspark!

5/1/2017 12:15:05 AM #7

Great post, looking forward to it

Alt text

5/30/2017 11:08:59 PM #8

Please move to Selene Organizations

7/31/2017 1:15:02 PM #9

As Terenia is growing, so is the need for protecting her citizens. If you're interested in joining The Terenian Legion, just hop onto our discord and we'll talk!

8/3/2017 2:09:57 PM #10

You concept sounds great and if I ever feel like I need something to do besides my mercenary work, I'm sure to keep the Legion in mind ;)

8/3/2017 11:17:27 PM #11

Posted By LeBron at 4:09 PM - Thu Aug 03 2017

You concept sounds great and if I ever feel like I need something to do besides my mercenary work, I'm sure to keep the Legion in mind ;)

Thank you! And we would welcome you with open arms.

3/15/2018 12:15:04 AM #12

Very nicely done. The Legion will be a great addition to Terenia! I will follow the developement of this with great interest. Hopefully this project will catch on and we will see the Legion cruising over the mountains and through the forests of Terenia in service of the land.

Be advised. Shameless promoting of my own barony to follow, you were warned:

For those looking to join a Barony as soldiers instead of the Legion, Marscheck can always use some abled bodies. We are a mainly RP oriented community, though RP is not an obligation. Just beware it will be a big part of the gameplay for some members.

Barony of Marscheck

3/15/2018 12:23:33 AM #13

Thanks for the kind words Zandyl, therefore I will accept your shameless promotion ;p. As we all are allies within the same Duchy and we will stand together nonetheless!

3/20/2018 9:09:27 AM #14

That said, we are grateful for all the kind words on this post. Yet we still hope to convince new members to join us. So if you want to be part of something bigger, now is the time. We are constantly trying to find the best way to make it work and it is all stil in it's infancy. So if you want to leave your mark on the Legion by being on of the first members, now is the time.