COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[NA-E][Vornair] Town of Hørshåm for craftaholics.

Town of Hørshåm

Craft Circle

Location and Loyalties

County: County of Völsung

Duchy: Grand Duchy of Erzhalden

Kingdom: Vornair

Server: NA-E

Motto: Sandheden Uden Frygt (Truth Without Fear)

The current day af Hørshåm derive from a small northern tribe who rallied to the aid of Völsung Ingvarson during the War of Many Banners. While small in numbers, the tribal philosophy that no person could be a truly great warrior unless he or she could also master the craft of creating the tools of the warrior trade meant that the northmen were usually among the best equipped and trained combatants on the battlefield.

Awarded minor lands for their role in the War of Many Banners, the tribal elders settled and named their community Hørshåm, after the willow trees native to their homelands. The most prominent family among the tribe adopted the name af Hørshåm and assumed a leadership role in line with the style of governance predominant in the Kingdom of Vornair.

While maintaining their love for the martial arts and crafts, the people of Hørshåm adapted their philosophy to one which espoused the belief that all the Children of Mann should strive to raise their chosen professions to the level of an art form. Under the guidance of the af Hørshåm family the town of Hørshåm endeavors to become a center of patronage for a broad range of tradeskills and professional ventures. While it may never rival the great capitals, Hørshåm is rapidly becoming known as a place to begin and hone the work that will eventually define one's life.

• Central location in County of Völsung
  • Direct access to the County Seat via road and river
  • Plans to connect multiple settlements via road through Hørshåm
  • Abundant fresh water, game, fish and farm lands accompanied by wood, minerals, stone (basically all resources except clay)
  • Caves!
  • Plans to purchase lands contiguous to Hørshåm that are resource rich
  • Open crafting stations for a wide variety of tradeskills
  • Wide variety of commercial buildings
  • Minimal taxes adjusted according to the needs of community growth and stability but never to the point where growth will be stifled
  • Statue of Ollobik ;)

Mayor: Freyr Ollobik af Hørshåm, Former Chief of Staff to High King Evelake Rhyne of Vornair

Needs: While the focus of Hørshåm is to provide a home for those who wish to practice tradeskills the importance of safety, health and trade creates a particular need for those who can protect, feed and minister to the community as well as those who can ensure the regular flow of goods necessary to maintain those tradeskills. The af Hørshåms are very fond of mead and ale, so brewers and tavern keepers are especially welcome.

Join us at Völsung County Discord or feel free to contact me directly.

For more info on the County of Völsung see the Völsung County Forum Post.

For more info on the Duchy of Erzhalden see the Erzhalden Forum Post.

4/16/2017 4:13:33 PM #1

Great Post!

4/16/2017 4:27:46 PM #2

Excellent back story.

4/16/2017 4:54:22 PM #3

Excellent!

Luna Server Parade Coordinator---Kingdom of Vornair---Friend code: 31418D

4/17/2017 3:12:05 PM #4

Thank ya, thank ya very much. Now where my brewers at?

5/1/2017 8:28:30 PM #5

I'm very interested in settling here. I was leaning toward specializing in armor or leatherwork, though if brewers are needed I may be persuaded to lean that way. I've no idea what the in-game mechanics of that will be like, but real-world brewing experience can't hurt!

5/1/2017 9:17:44 PM #6

Thanks for the interest, Rakoczi! Will talk to you more in Völsung County Discord.

5/1/2017 10:06:07 PM #7

Well done, Ollo!! Ale for all who settle in Horsham.

Hjalmar Sorli, The Gray Baron of Skyggen Holde

5/6/2017 9:17:11 PM #8

Hørshåm is known as the birthplace of the former Chief of Staff to High King Evelake Rhyne of Vornair. Come hear scandalous tales of his misspent youth in the taverns of Völsung County.

5/10/2017 11:13:59 AM #9

nice guild, only thing left is to wait fot the alpha to open!!!

Je suis un adventurier artisan, si vous voulez en savoir plus, vous n'avez qu'a me trouver!!!!!

5/14/2017 12:02:50 AM #10

Let us all raise a horn of ale to Ollobik and Hørshåm City. May there be a tavern on every street corner!

5/19/2017 4:38:47 PM #11

Tavern keep and armor smith have joined us. Now looking for a breeder and could still use a brewer.

That's a breeder to work the stables, breed horses, trisons, etc, not to provide me an heir ;)

5/25/2017 12:12:35 PM #12

Just one brewer????

Hjalmar Sorli, The Gray Baron of Skyggen Holde

5/25/2017 4:51:39 PM #13

One brewer to meet my personal demand. Will need more to take care of the town requirements.

5/28/2017 3:28:05 PM #14

Please move to Luna Domains.

9/17/2019 10:23:16 AM #15

Selection has been made, and I must say it fits my plans incredibly well! Great central, potential crossroads location with easy access to the county seat and it's resource rich, lacking only coastal water and clay. Should be a great location for hunters, tanners, leatherworkers, woodcutters and woodworkers, coopers, furriers, miners, smiths, quarriers, masons, herders, livestock keepers and, of course, there is still a huge need for brewers, farmers, traders, merchants and all the other folks who make a thriving township go.