COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA ORGANIZATIONS
[Kairos] Mazo Architectural Developments of Elyria

Mazo Architectural Developments of Elyria

Goals

We are passionate about great architecture and as architects, planners, and builders, we believe it is our responsibility to create. Our mission is to be known designers of exceptional quality, resource-efficient, and innovative structures throughout all of Elyria. We aim to provide both design and construction services required to build within Elyria. Everything from floor plans, to city/parcel planning, to actual construction needs. Once funds allow, we plan to get into the development of land on our own, whether it be leasing or selling to both groups and individuals.

We are already working on agreements with different nobles and organizations to provide services in developing the lands of Elyria. Including lead architecture guild serving King Thared Richfort in Chrysopolis. We will also be working with the Royal Bank of Kairos on both buildings and for those interested in our services, but find themselves short on funds. As you can tell, we have a backlog of projected projects and are interested in partnering with like minded architects to assist the building up of Elyria. Kenrik Mazo will also be serving as the Minister of Knowledge and Royal Right Hand to King of the Kingdom of Kairs.

Structure

MADE will be ran by the Strategic Council. It will be comprised of five individuals that are specialized in different focuses of architecture.

Senior Architect (SA) is the Chair of the Strategic Council and oversees the continued progress and operations of the guild. They are responsible for forming relationships, signing contracts, and day to day operations of the guild.

Director of Military Architecture (DMA) will oversee the development and construction of our military blueprints. Often times working directly with a noble. The plans they develop will be the most sensitive. We will work with the nobles to develop new strategic defensive keeps, work with the nobles to determine the best way to advance on a structure and develop new ways to keep Elyrians safe.

Direct of Residential Architecture (DRA) is responsible for developing custom housing plans for the people of Elyria. Everything from shacks to manors. Rural to inner city. They will also work closely with the DMA on developing housing plans required to keep our nobles safe.

Director of Commercial Architecture (DCA) will oversee the plans for commercial structures. Inns, Guild Halls, and Storages just to name a few. This is where Elyrians make their money. While we want to design the most functional space to allow the owner to maximum their profits; we also want to provide them with an elegant building that will grab the attention of fellow Elyrians. They will work directly with the DRA and DMA when required.

Director of Research (DR) is responsible for developing new and better plans and construction methods. The DR will be our primary contact with both the nearby Tyto Academy and Royal Academy of Art.

Branch Offices

City of Buckland - Bergental County, Duchy of Calador, ran by Count Trug

Lore

Mazo Architectural Developments of Elyria began with Edward Mazo in the year 582. Edward’s parents ran the general store in Chernsburg, the local County seat. They were fairly well-off, and were able to send young Edward off to an academy in the capital. Edward came back to Chernsburg armed with straight-edges, pencils, and a thousand ideas for new and improved buildings.

Unfortunately, most folks in Chernsburg were perfectly happy with the buildings they already had, so Edward spent most of his time hauling goods between the storeroom and the main part of his parents’ store. But one day, fate smiled on our young prodigy. He struck up a conversation with a local cart driver, Silas Richfort (family line of the current King of Kairos). The driver listened with keen interest as Edward talked about all the ways he could design the perfect warehouse, with easy access to anything at a moments notice, and vastly improved efficiency. Silas mentioned that his trade business was growing by leaps and bounds, and it just so happened the he was in the market for a new warehouse. He asked the budding architect how much a plan for such a facility would cost. Edward, after a stunned moment of cogitation, quoted what seemed like a reasonable sum. Silas laughed, and offered him double that amount, along with advice to work on his negotiating skills.

The warehouse was soon built, and proved to be a smashing success. Silas’ company, the Richfort Trade Alliance, continued to grow. They relied solely on Edward for their facility designs, and were quick to spread the Mazo name around to other businessmen and local leaders. Before he knew it, Edward found himself at the center of his own business, with his own offices and hired help. Their growth continued over the years, culminating in the present-day Mazo Architectural Developments of Elyria - an enterprise spread across the Kingdom of Kairos, with branch offices in several duchies.

Contact

Please feel free to message me here or contact me via discord (preferred). You can find me (Kenrik Mazo) on the CoE & Kairos discords, or join the MADE Discord

If it can be made, it will be MADE.

Affiliations

5/26/2017 10:05:45 PM #1

As a MADE man, I encourage you to check us out. Our inspiration channel on discord will get your imagination running wild! We have found a lot of awesome pictures for our projects as well.

6/6/2017 3:13:04 AM #2

While we're waiting for the architecture tool to come out, some of us have been designing/building in other sandboxes. My personal canvas has been Minecraft, where I'm designing a city from the ground up. First up, Miskatonic University library:

If anyone is curious about the texture pack, shaders or mods that I'm using for these builds, ask away! More buildings to come, please hit me up with any critiques in the meantime!

6/9/2017 3:15:11 AM #3

Next up in the MADE Minecraft gallery, an interior shot of the library from the 2nd floor atrium. You can also see the librarian in the middle of the shot:

The electric lights are a bit modern for CoE, of course. But the overall structure of the building is certainly something I'd like MADE to be able to produce in-game.

6/17/2017 2:40:45 AM #4

A structured and organized guild, i'm anxious too know this organozation.

Hey, Hey, você quer comprar bolo de fuba?

6/20/2017 11:58:06 PM #5

And for those interested in defensive structures, MADE will have a section devoted to military engineering projects.

7/2/2017 3:41:44 AM #6

I'm a fan! Are you recruiting? And would you like to see some of my, and friend's works in minecraft? Thanks!

7/7/2017 4:00:08 AM #7

The next project some of the MADE guys are working on in Minecraft. Hope to post some photos later of their work.

8/5/2017 3:31:21 AM #8

Another build showcasing some MADE talent - this a smaller administration building which could easily be modified into a town hall or other such structure.

8/30/2017 4:59:47 AM #9

Schloss Thun in Minecraft by MADE member Gargerad

11/10/2017 7:33:02 AM #10

I plan on mostly only doing architecture/building, sign me up.

11/15/2017 3:48:21 AM #11

For those who are interested in desert biomes (you Waerd-os), MADE has been tinkering with some builds in Conan Exiles designed to keep you cool and protected:

1/30/2018 10:43:42 PM #12

Made a few updates to the post, including a lore section that ties our connection to the King of Kairos and my current roles within the kingdom. Working on getting our branch list together.

2/1/2018 5:55:54 PM #13

Added Branch office in City of Buckland - Bergental County, Duchy of Calador, ran by Count Trug

4/15/2018 5:13:02 AM #14

MADE is still looking for more Architects to settle within Kairos.

5/11/2018 3:33:21 AM #15

Reorganizing logo for a few projects I'm involved with.