COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
NA-W Kingdom biomes

I know that as of now no kingdoms have chosen territories yet but I assume we are getting somewhat close to domain selection sooooo let's theorize.

First lets establish the pledged countries of Angelica (this is in order of EP, most to least)

1. Blackheart: from what i have seen and read about blackheart it's style seams to be northern European, i think the queen of blackheart will probably choose the northern most kingdom->(tundras, Alpine forest, mountain steppe)

2. Ashland: so the king of ashland would be next in line to choose his kingdom and from what i have read about ashland i believe they want a more temperate/Mediterranean climate. i think the kingdom might be made up of ->(broad-leaf forest, grassland, freshwater wetland)

3. Aranor

4. Tyria

5. NPC kingdom

6. NPC kingdom

so by process of elimination i think the last four kingdoms to choose their land will be left with the less desired biomes or at least what the community seems to think are the less desired biomes. Aranor and Tyria also seem to want a european temperate climate like blackheart and ashland but i don't think they will get their desired culture or style. the biomes that no kingdom seems to want to claim are;

-wetlands

-mangroves

-tropical forest

-savannah

-arid desert

-semi-arid desert

don't wanna sound like a social justice worrier but anyone else notice how the non typical fantasy climates are being neglected in favor of the more traditional tundra and temperate forest.

ANYWAY, if any kings or queens see this please comment your thoughts and what biomes you want your kingdom in. as for everyone else do you agree with my observation? if not please tell me what you would change.

P.S. lets keep the conversation civil please

5/28/2017 5:38:46 AM #1

First point, wrong forum currently, mod move pls..

Second point, biomes like grasslands and forest are vastly more common than desert or swampland. Expect more than one kingdom to have hold over them.

Thirdly, Aranor plans to be mainly alpine forest and mountain, with supply of grassland for agriculture.

5/28/2017 7:21:04 AM #2

it's a theory, i never said it's fact so get over yourself

5/28/2017 7:36:54 AM #3

Posted By MusaKn at 03:21 AM - Sun May 28 2017

Didn't you end your OP with a P.S. message about being civil? Anyway, moving on...

At this time it's still very much in the air on what Kingdom will end up where, IP ranking today could be very different come expo.

5/28/2017 7:56:01 AM #4

Posted By Shrewdcrow at 09:36 AM - Sun May 28 2017

Posted By MusaKn at 03:21 AM - Sun May 28 2017

Didn't you end your OP with a P.S. message about being civil? Anyway, moving on...

At this time it's still very much in the air on what Kingdom will end up where, IP ranking today could be very different come expo.

The monarchs will choose based on when they pledged according to info that I'm too tired to look for right now. After that it will be based on IP.

5/28/2017 8:50:03 AM #5

You know I was happy server forums came out so stuff like this would be put on those said forums.

But hard to say what anyone will pick. Until more info about tribes/biomes come out. Even what kingdoms say now is guess work on the limited info they have.

5/28/2017 10:13:42 AM #6

Aranor chooses second I believe after BH

5/29/2017 4:24:56 AM #7

The only thing purchase order matters for is choosing which server they will be on. After that, it's all IP (not EP).

In regard to that and NA-W, if everyone stayed in their current locations then Blackheart will choose regions first.

Valcyia has the IP to choose next but I don't know exactly how that's going to work since they have a double duchy as part of Ashlands? I suppose they will have to wait for Ashlands to secure their spot and then they'll be the first duchy to pick?

After that we currently have a very close race. Ashlands is second as of this posting, followed by Aranor by a mere 200 IP. Nipping on Aranor's heels is Tyria, only 50 IP behind. It could go any direction between these three.

5/29/2017 6:07:02 AM #8

Not SJW at all MusaKn :-)

But people will choose the biome that ensures the greatest potential benefits for themselves.

5/29/2017 10:23:08 AM #9

Europe.

The starting continent will look mostly like Europe.

Pretty sure every kingdom just wants to be a bit like "Europe." Some snowy bits, some warm bits, some forests, some fertile farmland. E-Z-P-Z

NA-W "Angelica"

5/29/2017 12:50:05 PM #10

Posted By Maulvorn at 8:13 PM - Sun May 28 2017

Aranor chooses second I believe after BH

Saying any order is stupid right now. Even with BH and their very clear lead. Anyone could be any order come domain selection.

5/29/2017 1:50:12 PM #11

Posted By MusaKn at 01:21 AM - Sun May 28 2017

Did you or did you not make this post with the intent to ask people's opinions? I seem to recall you asking both for people's thoughts and to be civil, both of which don't seem to be happening.

P.S. I may not be a monarch, but it's still Lord Regent to you. If you're gonna refuse my thoughts as a magistrate you were never taking this seriously in the first place.

5/29/2017 3:11:48 PM #12

Just adding a little to the conversation and bringing up a aspect that might be over looked when dealing with Biomes. The Devs have stated that there will likely 2 possibly 3 different biomes in a Kingdom, which for me doesn't sound like a lot. Between each biome there will be a transition area leading in to the next biome so that area will have aspects of both biomes just not to the extreme of one or the other. The same can be possibly when relating biomes to kingdoms. Just because you have 2 or 3 distinct biomes in your Kingdom doesn't mean that is all there is. You have the 2 or 3, the transition areas between them, along with possible transition areas on the fringes of the Kingdom as it bleeds over into the next Kingdom and their biome. So I can see 4 or 5 different biome environments from which to choose if you would like however the fringe ones may not be hugely distinct but they will be an option.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

5/29/2017 7:27:56 PM #13

The reason for the non typical fantasy biomes being rejected is because those will be a bear to manage compared to the more "standard" ones. They'll be great for maybe a couple 100% RP towns (ech) and for a couple player driven sub stories, but other than that, there's no desire to have them. This post also feels like it's delegitimizing 2 kingdoms. It's entirely possible that you don't know much about them, but to write detailed descriptions of the territories 2 of them want, and barely mention the other 2 is kind of like a slap in the face. I'd also like to point out that SBS is very enthusiastic when talking about other continents in the future. Those will likely have different and more common biomes depending on the continent. So of course grasslands and woodlands will be the most common on the initial continent, this isn't Minecraft, after all

I dislike melons reasonably

5/29/2017 7:34:51 PM #14

Posted By SmithersLorem at 8:27 PM - Mon May 29 2017

The reason for the non typical fantasy biomes being rejected is because those will be a bear to manage compared to the more "standard" ones. They'll be great for maybe a couple 100% RP towns (ech) and for a couple player driven sub stories, but other than that, there's no desire to have them. This post also feels like it's delegitimizing 2 kingdoms. It's entirely possible that you don't know much about them, but to write detailed descriptions of the territories 2 of them want, and barely mention the other 2 is kind of like a slap in the face. I'd also like to point out that SBS is very enthusiastic when talking about other continents in the future. Those will likely have different and more common biomes depending on the continent. So of course grasslands and woodlands will be the most common on the initial continent, this isn't Minecraft, after all

I agree entirely, every kingdom will have at least 2 biomes or at least transition zones into two biomes.

5/31/2017 6:44:31 AM #15

Posted By Valycia at 03:23 AM - Mon May 29 2017

Europe.

The starting continent will look mostly like Europe.

Pretty sure every kingdom just wants to be a bit like "Europe." Some snowy bits, some warm bits, some forests, some fertile farmland. E-Z-P-Z

I know you probably have more information then me but what version of europe has tropical forest and arid desert? please remind me