COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Luna world series

Would you guys be interested in inventing a team sport that national teams of Luna server kingdoms can compete in? I am not talking here just regular tournaments, I am talking figure out game mechanics and we as players make our own sport and rules, pitch in for rewards and stuff?

6/8/2017 4:04:17 PM #1

Isn't it way way way too earlier to even consider this?

Like, this is like trying decide on names for your great grandchildren on the first date.

6/8/2017 4:07:34 PM #2

Posted By Kyxsune at 09:04 AM - Thu Jun 08 2017

Like, this is like trying decide on names for your great grandchildren on the first date.

On the other hand, there's not much else to do except imagine and theorycraft. :)

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.

6/8/2017 4:09:25 PM #3

Posted By Kyxsune at 11:04 AM - Thu Jun 08 2017

You got a point there I must admit, but at this point so its 90% of everything that is posted on this forum

6/8/2017 4:19:03 PM #4

You could include biomes in this.

Same basic game mechanics are required to take place in each of the biomes as part of the sport.

So lets say the sport was throwing a rock through a hoop while tied to your teammates...

In the marsh setting you may be doing the same physical task, but you are wading through water.

In the arctic you would be doing the same physical task, but you would be wading through deep snow.

Teams would have to train for various environments.

Anyways, I think its OK to theory-craft at this point.

BLD

6/8/2017 4:29:50 PM #5

I would start with the Coliseum and work from there as that is already guaranteed.

The kings, dukes, etc. would have to work together on this, but you could start at the Mayor/Baron level > winner goes to County > winner goes to Duke > all the winners go to a selected kingdom for an international level fight

Every IRL month or two months (4-8 game years), the next level occurs and it could just happen once or twice every IRL year.

The international tournament would occur in each kingdom in order.

PS - This is larger than a World series (more like Olympics?), but the scale can be shrunk to fit the kingdom's desires.

PPS - There are plenty of ways to tweak this to make it the most suitable

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

6/8/2017 5:07:14 PM #6

Posted By LukeSpyro at 11:29 AM - Thu Jun 08 2017

I would start with the Coliseum and work from there as that is already guaranteed.

The kings, dukes, etc. would have to work together on this, but you could start at the Mayor/Baron level > winner goes to County > winner goes to Duke > all the winners go to a selected kingdom for an international level fight

Every IRL month or two months (4-8 game years), the next level occurs and it could just happen once or twice every IRL year.

The international tournament would occur in each kingdom in order.

PS - This is larger than a World series (more like Olympics?), but the scale can be shrunk to fit the kingdom's desires.

PPS - There are plenty of ways to tweak this to make it the most suitable

yeah you are right, I was thinking more in the line of like Soccer world cup, but living in US all these years made me use american terminology with out being aware of it. I like the idea to base it around Coliseum.

Whole industries could be based around it, I think if it catches up could be good way of boosting local economy and change of ideas, now do we make it a "blood sport" or not?

6/8/2017 5:10:15 PM #7

Why not just make Calvinball into a competitive sport?

6/8/2017 5:10:49 PM #8

Posted By gutza1 at 12:10 PM - Thu Jun 08 2017

Why not just make Calvinball into a competitive sport?

lol what is Calvinball?

6/8/2017 5:41:15 PM #9

I could see a lot of competitions popping up over professions. Where speed as well as skill or strength and skill would be displayed with prizes increasing with the level of the competition. Whether there could be server-wide smithing competitions or the like to determine the best, raise fame and recognition as well as your business...up to y'all

I'm not a doctor.

6/8/2017 5:47:59 PM #10

Posted By Kyxsune at 12:04 PM - Thu Jun 08 2017

Guess it's time for me to let you know I have my entire lineage for the full ten years already fully named... ;)

Norhurst, County of Opportunity

6/8/2017 6:16:09 PM #11

Posted By Mythos Cardan at 09:09 AM - Thu Jun 08 2017

Posted By Kyxsune at 11:04 AM - Thu Jun 08 2017

You got a point there I must admit, but at this point so its 90% of everything that is posted on this forum

You have been enlightened, let us not make of these

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

6/8/2017 6:49:28 PM #12

Posted By CerebralDaemon at 12:47 PM - Thu Jun 08 2017

Posted By Kyxsune at 12:04 PM - Thu Jun 08 2017

Guess it's time for me to let you know I have my entire lineage for the full ten years already fully named... ;)

hey it does not hurt to plan ahead!

6/8/2017 8:29:39 PM #13

Without saying too much I actually did have an idea in mind for something sort of like a sport.

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

6/9/2017 4:16:32 PM #14

This is an awesome idea. My first reaction was that it should ultimately revolve around gladiatorial combat and extend to all sorts of other sponsored competitions. Based on the Olympic games it could be held in each kingdom on a rotating basis. In times of peace of course...

6/9/2017 5:26:57 PM #15

Posted By Apaukolypse at 3:29 PM - Thu Jun 08 2017

Without saying too much I actually did have an idea in mind for something sort of like a sport.

Well whole point is to take root over all of Luna server and have people interested in it past kingdoms borders, and that requires all ranks of society and sharing of ideas and working together also competition that is totally separate from server politics.