COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Please Caspian, make Kypiq traditionally plant eaters(VEGANS)!

I recently read your post on the Budvir, and i was really fascinated by your creativity! You mentioned that Budvir are big because of their predominantly carnivorous diet, which is great and all because they had to eat meat for survival purposes due to the bad soil.

But since the budvir are so anti plants, make the kypiq (who are their enemies) the plant eaters! It only makes sense especially when the Kypiq believe (by the faedin) in the preservation of the forest. Even in the human world, eating a plant based deit (and yes being a vegan) is the best diet for the environment! The Kypiq tribe should reflect this philosophy and they just gotta be the vegans of elyria and shun all tribes that go against the protection of all living beings plants, animal and/or otherwise! 😈

Please think about it. I cant wait to get my hands on the next tribe installment!!! Vegans represent!😆😆😆

PS I do not mean to offend anyone vegan or otherwise!

Yours Sincerely, Verde the Zealous Kypiq

6/8/2017 8:35:07 PM #1

disliked and im out

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

6/8/2017 8:37:12 PM #2

They only eat oranges

6/8/2017 8:41:12 PM #3

No but in all seriousness, I could see Kypiq being vegitarian for philosophical or religious reasons. I doubt it would be enforced however, since they are still based mostly on humans and therefor most likely omnivores.

Referral Code: 912EC9

6/8/2017 8:44:29 PM #4

Veganism is a good reason for me to want to burn the kipiq stay out my tunnels. Life feeds on life it's needed. 100% vegan diet isn't good for you by the way. It's also not the best for the environment, it's indistinguishable.

6/8/2017 8:47:31 PM #5

Posted By Gunghoe at 1:44 PM - Thu Jun 08 2017

Veganism is a good reason for me to want to burn the kipiq stay out my tunnels. Life feeds on life it's needed. 100% vegan diet isn't good for you by the way. It's also not the best for the environment, it's indistinguishable.

Isn't this the reason the dwarves didn't trust the elves in Middle Earth? How can you trust someone that doesn't eat meat? :P

6/8/2017 8:52:10 PM #6

While i do not disagree that a people group who only eat plant life can be interesting.

i am curious what you mean by a plant based diet, i assume since you mention vegans you are speaking of no meat or animal products whatsoever (which is the definition of that form of vegitarianism)

however, it is not the most environmentally friendly, especially at the scale of civilization that exists within elyria at the moment. even now in our world, hunters are vital for controlling animal populations making sure they are healthy and in balance.

without conservationists and hunters maintaining a proper balance of wildlife (hunters historically) you can get massive population booms of one animal, typically an herbivore of some type, which will lead to a lack of food for said creature causing much starvation (as the food supply is not enough to sustain the population) then the carnivore/s that eat that particular animal grow into large numbers with their food supply being more abundant, and when the population boom of the herbivore dies off from over predation and a lack of food, you are left with a bunch of starving ravenous carnivores, who will probably get desperate and attack people at some point.

it would be a waste to throw away the meat from such necessary conservation of the land, better to eat it and make use of the resources, and far more respectful to the animal.

it seems far more likely to me they would have a very balanced diet.

Farms are another subject, the current industry works in a way vastly different from what it used to. (moving herds through the land grazing, feeds animals which in the end feed you AND keeps the land from getting too overgrown)

6/8/2017 8:56:13 PM #7

Kypiqs aren't human, who says they can't be completely vegetarian without any harm to their health?

6/8/2017 8:56:15 PM #8

loooooool but this is the point. veganism simply means the reduction of suffering and exploitation of all sentient beings. it really isnt any simpler than that. i i wished caspian woyld make kypiq TRADITIONALLY vegans. their philosophy is so similar to the vegan philosophy its almosy uncanny. and the hatred you have for kypiq as a hrothi would make so much sense! 😂

Yours Sincerely, Verde the Zealous Kypiq

6/8/2017 8:58:44 PM #9

Posted By OrangeBoy at 4:35 PM - Thu Jun 08 2017

disliked and im out

Preachy much?

6/8/2017 9:00:27 PM #10

Posted By Gunghoe at 4:44 PM - Thu Jun 08 2017

Do you even science?

6/8/2017 9:01:10 PM #11

Posted By Dekul at 4:47 PM - Thu Jun 08 2017

Isn't this the reason the dwarves didn't trust the elves in Middle Earth? How can you trust someone that doesn't eat meat? :P

actually nothing ever says they did not eat meat, and actually in the silmarillion there is reference to some of them eating meat, as well as much mention of them taking part in hunts, as such it would be a massive waste to not make use of the whole animal, and the elves of Tolkien strike me as pretty pragmatic, you would expect some minor mention of it at some point it it were true, though i would easily believe that some groups of elves did not eat meat all that often.

From the lay of the children of hurin

"On a time was Turin at the table of Thingol there was laughter long and the loud clamour of a countless company that quaffed the mead, amid the wine of Dor-Winion that went ungrudged in their golden goblets; and goodly meats there burdened the boards, neath the blazing torches"

6/8/2017 9:08:09 PM #12

I support your idea and welcome the childish down votes .. But I'm set on being janoa regardless due to biome

6/8/2017 9:08:53 PM #13

I think making them specifically Vegan is going to turn a lot of players off when considering playing Kypiq. Instead, using common sense we could infer they eat a mainly fruit diet but will eat meat when it becomes available.

Being small in stature would mean that killing any large animal requires a lot of coordination and effort. I would imagine in the deep jungle animals can grow quite large and quite dangerous so there would be a natural aversion to hunting animals. They also live in trees, so chopping down their source of housing is also frowned upon. Thus, they would mainly eat fruit produced by the forest but would still eat meat when it was available.

Aspiring Lumberjack, NA-W

6/8/2017 9:10:00 PM #14

Hey just posting and extra time so you snowflakes have more posts to down Vote. ""Whaaa i feel guilty about my ignorate life style so I lash out at people who are doing it better then I am""

6/8/2017 9:10:16 PM #15

In all seriousness, kypiq believe even plant life is sacred, so I'm cool with them not eating anything.