COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Carriage for two giftings question + Spark of life question

I've a question about the Carriage for two gifting. Can it be bought more than once? And the account that got gifted can buy it ? Another question, if you die and you do not have a spark of life, basically you cannot play in anyway until you buy one. Right? And there is a minimum length of the soul life or I risk to pay a lot of time the Spark of life?

6/28/2017 9:20:05 PM #1

The Carriage for Two is limited to one per account and you must have at least the Elyrian package to buy one.

In order to create a new character or take over an existing character, you must use a Spark of Life, there's no other way.

Souls have no lifetime, they last forever unless they're destroyed by some unlikely incident. However, a character has a set lifetime of a year with no deaths. Even with regular coup de gras, characters will still generally live for at least 3 real life months. So, you're not risking much. If you compare it to a regular MMORPG's subscription model, you get far more out of one Spark of Life.

6/28/2017 9:32:46 PM #2

"The Carriage for Two is limited to one per account and you must have at least the Elyrian package to buy one." and the new account can buy another one? Let's say for example that I've 2 friends. I buy the Elyrian package and then the Carriage for two perks, so I gift it to my friend(The second). This friend can then buy the carriage for two and donate it to the third friend ? Another question, I heard that spark of life can also be bought with in-game currency, is it a viable thing or is almost impossible earn so much in-game currency to buy the spark of life?

6/28/2017 9:48:12 PM #3

I couldn't give you a definite answer on whether or not that is possible, but I wouldn't count on it. It's possible that you require a set amount of influence in order to purchase the Carriage for Two, in which case that wouldn't be viable.

Also, this "in-game currency" that you are referencing is known as Story Points. From DJ #17: Bolstering & Earn-to-Play:

Story Points (SP) are a post-launch currency awarded to players for being active and online. Put plainly, Story Points are awarded for anything that would lead to skill advancement or an achievement that you accomplish while logged on (not your OPC). This is true whether that be through completing tasks and important quests, by playing an active role in a growing economy, or by doing something noteworthy.

In Chronicles of Elyria, the Story Points you earn while playing can be traded in between lifetimes in order to buy Sparks of Life. This is what we call the “Earn-to-play” model of funding

While it will be possible to purchase a Spark of Life with enough Story Points, it's the type of thing that would take plenty of time and dedication to earn.

6/28/2017 10:02:51 PM #4

Thank you very much, your help has been very valuable. mY friends and I will surely keep a keen eye on the game and probably, if it continues to grow, join the community when the game will be officially released. Thank you again for your time.