COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Official] Tribe Q&A Part III Question Thread

Salutations Elyrians!

The next Tribes Q&A (Part III) is on Monday, July 10 at 1PM PDT / 4PM EDT / 8PM GMT / 8PM UTC on our Twitch channel. We will be taking questions primarily from this thread. Please don't clutter this thread with discussion, only post your questions or vote up the ones you want to hear answered in the Q&A.

Reference: Learn how the Tribes were developed in Caspian's Design Journal on Tribes here

If you participate in the Q&A thread, please follow these rules.

RULES

• Please limit questions to 1 question per post, so it can be easily up-voted/down-voted
  • Please limit yourself to 3 posts for a maximum of three questions per community member
  • Keep your question brief - that makes it easier to read, and quicker to answer
  • Make sure to upvote the posts of others you're most interested in hearing the answers to

We'll see you tomorrow - Monday, July 10 at 1PM PDT / 4PM EDT / 8PM GMT / 8PM UTC!

Be sure to catch up on the latest details on the To'resk.

More to come...

-Serp

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

7/10/2017 12:30:37 PM #91

The initial preview Character Creation Screen Videos has filters for Families based on socio-economics and status.

With the added info on Tribes and Biomes, will it now include specific filters for both of these items as well?

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

7/10/2017 12:41:05 PM #92

When will more gameplay mechanics be developed and shown to the community?

Oh hey there

7/10/2017 12:46:41 PM #93

I have a question about the options to research new forms of government. I believe this possibility was hinted at in one of the previous Q&A's.

For instance a group of nobles (Dukes or Counts) want to do away with Kings and instead form a noble or merchant republic like medieval Venice or ancient Rome and elect one of their own as Doge/Consul/Princeps (ruler either rules for life or is periodically elected). Could they research a system like that and how soon would this be possible? Could this already happen during ElyriaMUD or Kingdoms of Elyria?

7/10/2017 1:58:17 PM #94

I was told something today, which really made me think: "Wow, do people realize this and if not, this will potentially push players away" If my question has been firmly answered already, then do throw me an official link to that statement.

Let me explain.

Exam. Say that there are 4 tribes and each has 25 character slots available. So now Harry is playing as Tribe 1, his friend Tom wants to play the same tribe and buys the game. Tom logs in only to find that there are no more Tribe 1 slots available, so now Tom just bought a game to play a tribe he wanted to play and he is not able to. Tom would very possible get very angry.

Question: Based on what I was told, there will be random X number of playable slots for each Tribe. If this is a fact, will that then potentially resolve in, at some point, that one or more tribes will be non-select-able for new players, or players in general?

7/10/2017 2:02:46 PM #95

Since there is so much lore about the dislike between different tribes such as the Janoa and the Dras, how will that translate into interactions with NPCs? Will they be more inclined to a attack first and talk later, have higher trade prices, or is it simply flavor?

Take this CoE Character Census so that the community can see where people are planning to start and what tribes they want!

Friend Code: 4E637C

7/10/2017 2:14:44 PM #96

Will every tribe/kingdom at the start have access to the coast of the continent?

7/10/2017 2:33:12 PM #97

Are the 2d models of the tribemen are what they are going to look like or very similarto what they will look like in game or are those just place holders for now and will look drastically different in game?

7/10/2017 2:40:55 PM #98

Will I be able to build a church/shrine to any religion with my EP, or will it be limited to the local religion?

7/10/2017 2:54:30 PM #99

Are the water levels of swamps and rivers fixed? Or will expansion and contraction be an in-game mechanic players must consider when planning land development?

7/10/2017 3:14:45 PM #100

Will there be some sort of mechanic in place to hold players accountable to the most serious of core values held by their tribe? This was hinted at in the newest tribe entry relating to To'resk and marriage.

An Example-The Brudvir reaver wolves so much that they in some ways model their society after them. If a player-member of this tribe decided he was going to hunt wolves to extinction would he incur a stat penalty or would npc members of the tribe simply not speak to him or is up to the players/RP community to call out his bad behavior towards his tribes deeply held convictions, if the latter, would it then be up to the player community (More so those of the Burdvir tribe since it's unlikely any other tribe would care as much) to dish out some sort of punishment on said player for their most heinous act of pre-kin-slaying?

Same goes for the little Kypiq with bigger than life (and him/hersef) dreams of becoming the world's greatest Lumberjack!!

7/10/2017 3:36:06 PM #101

When the wetlands dry up during droughts, will it be possible to build a dyke/levee in those areas to prevent them from flooding when the rains come again?

7/10/2017 4:35:27 PM #102

In the Janoa history description there was mention of shamans with insight into the astral and spiritual plane, also sending off hunters into said plane of existence.

Question: Will there be elders, shamans, scholars of certain tribes who can interact with the spiritual world? Making it possible for those without the planeswalker talent to gain some of that skill through practice and effort. Or would those be lost and forgotten rituals that need to be remembered/researched.

Text from the Janoa post:

They feared that nothing would remain so they sought the aid of the shamans who had insight into the world between the worlds. The shamans determined the cause to be a great phoenix spirit trapped between the physical world and the spirit world. They bid their best hunters to enter the spirit world and slay the phoenix, and once defeated, the drought ended and the rains returned. But, the hunters that were sent never returned and are said to stalk the Astral Plane for eternity.

Shroud to The Covenant of the Veil

7/10/2017 4:36:07 PM #103

Since each biome will have different types of trees and other ressources, will they also need specialized skills for them?

Basicly when another tribe encounters materials of a foreign biome, is their regular skill applied or is there another sub-branch skill for that?

In other words: Brudvir are supposedly masters of carpentry, but would they still need to learn a different part, possibly a subdivion, of the skilltree if working with wood from other biomes?

Like Swordfighting has: 1hand, 2hand, rapier, shortsword, claymore etc.

7/10/2017 4:36:42 PM #104

Could every tribe visit the homes of another tribe? Or are there restrictions like the Yoru cannot get up to the treehouses of the Kypiq because their weight would be a danger to themselves or the buildings.

If so, which tribes would be too big and heavy, or otherwise unable to visit other tribes?

Asking because I'm interested in the Kypiq and want to tour their settlement incase I decide on another tribe.

7/10/2017 4:43:06 PM #105

Will there be established churches in tribal settlements and will the priests/ priestess' that live there be available during character creation?