COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Take on tribe's Nobility Clothing.

My biased take on the different tribes and their clothing, I've focused on the nobility of the different tribes and other things. (like Dras being vulnerable to sunlight etc.)

7/13/2017 12:11:39 AM #1

Just lovely! Great work Liva!

7/13/2017 12:15:02 AM #2

Waerd aren't wearing the same cloths. Immersion broke, 1/10, not enough water.

Looks amazing!

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

7/13/2017 12:18:48 AM #3

Really nice, work on the kypiq.

I like the style

7/13/2017 12:19:59 AM #4

Posted By Corin at 02:15 AM - Thu Jul 13 2017

Looks amazing!

Originally I had them wear the same clothing, but I thought I rather show off a bit (I mean what little) fashion and customization they could potentially have xP

7/13/2017 12:28:16 AM #5

Posted By Liva at 5:19 PM - Wed Jul 12 2017

Posted By Corin at 02:15 AM - Thu Jul 13 2017

Looks amazing!

Originally I had them wear the same clothing, but I thought I rather show off a bit (I mean what little) fashion and customization they could potentially have xP

Oh, I totally understand why they aren't wearing the same cloths.

Maybe it's just the use of gold and face masks, but To'resk remind me a bit of the Oriathans.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

7/13/2017 12:28:58 AM #6

This is beautiful, amazing work.

Xuerou Wyvernwood Mayoress of Imbrium Ridge Kingdom of Ashland Duchy of Fioralba

7/13/2017 12:31:52 AM #7

Nice! I really like your take on Brudvir and Dras nobility clothing. The Waerd look great in their simplicity too!

I would love to see how devs have designed their takes and if they are similar to these.

7/13/2017 12:40:06 AM #8

These are great! I love how ornate the To'Resk nobles look :)

Friend Code: B8ADDD

7/13/2017 12:41:40 AM #9

The art is really nice but I think all those robes and dresses will be ruined living in swamps and wetlands. They don't look very functional, just saying.

7/13/2017 12:46:25 AM #10

Posted By Cetha at 7:41 PM - Wed Jul 12 2017

The art is really nice but I think all those robes and dresses will be ruined living in swamps and wetlands. They don't look very functional, just saying.

Nobility aren't known for having functional clothing.

7/13/2017 12:49:45 AM #11

Love this. Great work!

7/13/2017 12:53:21 AM #12

Posted By Cetha at 02:41 AM - Thu Jul 13 2017

You don't usually run around down in the water, and it's mostly for the nobility ;P aka. people who will be more in an administrative branch, and not so much physical labor :>

Nobility clothing is usually more than just what's "practical" it's a statement, a work of art often. But it's a signal, signaling your position (often in height of the clothes, so high shoes), wealth (Often in jewelry and excessive amounts of fabric in expensive strong dyes), combat efficiency (skulls or medals) etc.

7/13/2017 3:01:26 AM #13

Posted By Liva at 5:53 PM - Wed Jul 12 2017

Posted By Cetha at 02:41 AM - Thu Jul 13 2017

You don't usually run around down in the water, and it's mostly for the nobility ;P aka. people who will be more in an administrative branch, and not so much physical labor :>

Nobility clothing is usually more than just what's "practical" it's a statement, a work of art often. But it's a signal, signaling your position (often in height of the clothes, so high shoes), wealth (Often in jewelry and excessive amounts of fabric in expensive strong dyes), combat efficiency (skulls or medals) etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love the artwork. It looks great and I like how each has a slightly different take on fancy attire. But after reading the write-ups on each of the tribes most of them sound like they live in drab wooden huts on stilts, tree houses, log cabins, or old caverns. None of those sound like places a noble in a fancy ballroom gown would be. Imagine the Kypiq lady in her Sunday's best clawing her way up a tree or sliding down a zip line. Unless Kypiq nobles sit in a clean room all day and don't go anywhere?

7/13/2017 3:06:49 AM #14

Posted By Cetha at 8:01 PM - Wed Jul 12 2017

Don't get me wrong, I love the artwork. It looks great and I like how each has a slightly different take on fancy attire. But after reading the write-ups on each of the tribes most of them sound like they live in drab wooden huts on stilts, tree houses, log cabins, or old caverns. None of those sound like places a noble in a fancy ballroom gown would be. Imagine the Kypiq lady in her Sunday's best clawing her way up a tree or sliding down a zip line. Unless Kypiq nobles sit in a clean room all day and don't go anywhere?

Every king/queen has their own castle. Every duke/count has their own manor. Otherwise, SBS would be going against their own backer reward promises. It's the normal folk that live in buildings described in the tribe write-ups.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

7/13/2017 4:08:15 AM #15

Posted By Corin at 8:06 PM - Wed Jul 12 2017

Every king/queen has their own castle. Every duke/count has their own manor. Otherwise, SBS would be going against their own backer reward promises. It's the normal folk that live in buildings described in the tribe write-ups.

Tree castles? Swamp castles? Will be interesting to see how they manage this.