COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Replace the Thoroughbred with the Titan Steppe Puncher

During the Kickstarter for the game a table was shown which showed the possible items that can be bought with EP during the exposition period, it showed what appeared to be a “thoroughbred” when it was clearly not a thoroughbred, there is a difference between a thoroughly bred horse and a thoroughbred, a thoroughbred (henceforth known as a TB) is it’s own specific breed of horse; it is a relatively fine (in terms of build) horse due to its ancestry being that of Andalusians and Arabians.

As you can see the thoroughbred shown in the image actually looks closer to a suffolk puncher then a TB, so we in the Chronicles of Equine community have come up with a workaround, rename the thorougbred to “Titan Steppe Puncher”, the listed purposes of the thoroughbred that was shown in that image would fit a Puncher (pulling equipment) so it would be more fitting in the realm of the Titan Steppe in which the prologue would be put in and a nice homage to that.

7/13/2017 11:26:11 PM #1

Agreed. I'd find it a little funny looking a big ole draft horse in the mouth and calling it a Thoroughbred (:

Be like calling a large yacht a pirogue!

7/13/2017 11:32:45 PM #2

Posted By Caracole at 12:26 AM - Fri Jul 14 2017

Agreed. I'd find it a little funny looking a big ole draft horse in the mouth and calling it a Thoroughbred (:

Be like calling a large yacht a pirogue!

Indeed it does.

7/14/2017 3:27:57 AM #3

hahaha i do feel this just a little to nit picking. i understand the concern but just dont think it is that big a deal.

lets call it creative freedom for the devs and leave it at that ha?

btw not disliking posts just posting a opposing view :)

or more that the devs could be doing other things so wasting time on this is less important in my view :)

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/14/2017 4:29:00 AM #4

I am here just hoping for a couple Clydesdale Horse and a 2 seat carriage :)

7/14/2017 6:13:26 AM #5

Posted By mandrake1980 at 04:27 AM - Fri Jul 14 2017

hahaha i do feel this just a little to nit picking. i understand the concern but just dont think it is that big a deal.

lets call it creative freedom for the devs and leave it at that ha?

btw not disliking posts just posting a opposing view :)

or more that the devs could be doing other things so wasting time on this is less important in my view :)

Not quite, a TB is it's own breed of horse and it is like what cari said it's like calling a yacht a pirogue.

Elyria is a serious world that takes itself seriously so the 'common' stuff like cats, dogs etc.. should be cats and dogs; same applies for the TB.

7/15/2017 7:19:32 PM #6

Thoroughbreads could be something different on Elyria. Who is to say their breeding history is the same?

Cat is cat and dog is dog, like horse is horse.

Breeds arent mentioned except for thoroughbred

Click banner to learn more. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/15/2017 7:27:44 PM #7

I guess I find "Thoroughbred" being used on such a heavy animal as misleading, as a horse person - may not matter as much to others.

Wouldn't people question if the devs called a Black Lab a Dalmation? Same thing to me.

7/15/2017 10:08:46 PM #8

As someone who knows very little about horses, this is not that big an issue. If we pressure the team to perfectly sculpt the most immaculate horses and animals in the game I think we might not have a game to play for a while.

While it's important to get some features right, as someone with little to no knowledge of horses I could care less if TB is the wrong term on a technicality. Just make it so I know which is the better horse.

Not trying to say your point has no value, I just think for the majority of players it isn't a huge deal and we would rather see the devs progress on important game mechanics and not minor tweaks to make a pretty realistic horse an extremely realistic horse.

Aspiring Lumberjack, NA-W

7/15/2017 10:20:22 PM #9

The term thoroughbred may regularly get incorrectly used to mean purebred of any horse but the fact it IS regularly used to mean purebred by many to me is enough to accept that it is what the term can now mean in modern times, Just cos it's not officially recognised doesn't mean it's wrong, there are many regional dialects in the world that use words and terms not recognised by dictionaries.

7/15/2017 11:15:13 PM #10

Posted By SoulSpark at 11:20 PM - Sat Jul 15 2017

The term thoroughbred may regularly get incorrectly used to mean purebred of any horse but the fact it IS regularly used to mean purebred by many to me is enough to accept that it is what the term can now mean in modern times, Just cos it's not officially recognised doesn't mean it's wrong, there are many regional dialects in the world that use words and terms not recognised by dictionaries.

well technically that is wrong, a Thoroughbred is it's own recognised FEI breed.

7/15/2017 11:48:54 PM #11

Posted By Maulvorn at 12:15 AM - Sun Jul 16 2017

Posted By SoulSpark at 11:20 PM - Sat Jul 15 2017

well technically that is wrong, a Thoroughbred is it's own recognised FEI breed.

You didn't understand what I was trying to say. I know what a thoroughbred horse is "officially" but unofficially it's also a term used by the average joe blogs to just describe a horse that is purebred or of excellent stock. I'm saying that just because an alternate use for a term isn't officially recognised in official published literature doesn't mean it can't be used to mean something else. If a lot of people accept it to just mean a pure breed then it's just as acceptable a term as something like a word from a dialect thats not officially recognised in a dictionary. Uses and meanings of words and terms change over time whether officially or not.

7/16/2017 6:25:23 AM #12

Not to be arguementative but I disagree a TB is still known as a TB most people know at least what one looks like if they ever seen a horse.

7/16/2017 8:26:50 AM #13

A name change to better/correctly describe the horse in question is all that is asked in this tread, not a re-model, so I do not see why people are arguing about it..

If thouroughbred is often used to describe a rather slim fast runnig horse, and the art show the silouette of a heavy work horse, does the buyer know what they be getting?

7/16/2017 8:48:46 AM #14

Posted By Fenrer at 09:26 AM - Sun Jul 16 2017

A name change to better/correctly describe the horse in question is all that is asked in this tread, not a re-model, so I do not see why people are arguing about it..

If thouroughbred is often used to describe a rather slim fast runnig horse, and the art show the silouette of a heavy work horse, does the buyer know what they be getting?

Exactly.