COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Swords of the Eight Tribes

I thought it would be fun to draw a sword for each of the eight tribes that would in some way represent their religion, values, or culture.

Fact Sheets

7/25/2017 1:19:32 PM #16

Great stuff Hellmoon. You are very talented. Love the low fantasy touches too!!

7/25/2017 2:22:00 PM #17

Posted By Nakhum at 03:50 AM - Tue Jul 25 2017

Posted By mickdude2 at 06:46 AM - Tue Jul 25 2017

Can't tell if the Dras handle is backwards or just strangely designed.

once you see it, you cannot make it unseen. Oh god. :O

Yeah I didn't notice until I read the comment now I'm tilted cas it's looks backwards everytime now :(

I don't know anymore.

7/25/2017 3:09:49 PM #18

That is so silly. You think the handle is odd, but don't question the shape of the kypiq blade.

One is completely fine, the other is nonsensical.

There are swords where the blade is curved forward, in which case the handle is fine.

The truth is born in argument

7/25/2017 3:23:49 PM #19

Posted By Luminios at 11:09 AM - Tue Jul 25 2017

That is so silly. You think the handle is odd, but don't question the shape of the kypiq blade.

One is completely fine, the other is nonsensical.

There are swords where the blade is curved forward, in which case the handle is fine.

Such as a Filipino Ginunting

7/25/2017 4:27:53 PM #20

Thank you everyone for all of the kind words and support!

I tried to keep the weapons in low fantasy with still retaining a nice level of creativity. I do agree though, bone weapons aren't the greatest weapon ever but I wanted to attempt a bit more creativity with them seeing as those two tribes might have to be a little creative with resources. One reason I decided to make the two bone weapons look worn and cracked since their durability would not be the greatest. As for size of the bones, I think it was a little over the top but I wanted to give the two big/strong release tribes big weapons haha :-)

7/26/2017 4:59:23 AM #21

Very nice job Hellmoon. I also imagined the Janoa using weapons akin to the Aztecs such as the Macuahuitl but with bone blades instead of obsidian.

7/26/2017 5:55:41 AM #22

Nice job guys !

7/26/2017 2:10:44 PM #23

Posted By Zerbe at 12:59 AM - Wed Jul 26 2017

Very nice job Hellmoon. I also imagined the Janoa using weapons akin to the Aztecs such as the Macuahuitl but with bone blades instead of obsidian.

Ahh that's pretty cool! I could definitely see the Janoa using something like that

8/6/2017 7:21:14 PM #24

I think Dras would probably go for something more machete type of sword since they live in a swamp where you need to cut your way through. So my pick would be Elmslie 1. Same applies to Janoa in their tropical jungle although their machete would be a bit more... brutal looking just becaues their are more aggressive.

Also as a Dras my main weapon most likely would be a spear, but that's another topic.

Backer #12. Friend code: 9B7EDE.

Kypiq mayor of Willowhaven - Crossstone - Whiteraven Rock - Tryggr

Join Whiteraven Rock Discord (https://discord.gg/ppTBAqs)

8/7/2017 12:16:24 AM #25

I'm mostly liking them apart from brudvir and kypiqs- a small tribe is already at a disadvantage for reach, and having proportionally-small swords puts them at an even greater disadvantage. With Hrothi it's somewhat acceptable as they would be expected to use shields, and need a weapon small enough to be effective in tight tunnels, but it could still be better.

Hrothi would be better off with a sword that's bastard sword length for them, arming sword length for Neran. Kypiq should have one that's longsword-length for them, and bastard sword length for Neran.

This is going off of my understanding of sword length where arming swords are strictly one-handed, longswords are strictly two-handed, and bastard swords are either.

8/10/2017 8:17:08 PM #26

Oh my, really amazing!, I would share my Fan art, but I do not have enough influence :) ... amazing designs

8/11/2017 6:40:54 PM #27

Posted By Amlaith at 4:17 PM - Thu Aug 10 2017

Oh my, really amazing!, I would share my Fan art, but I do not have enough influence :) ... amazing designs

Thank you for the kind words! If you are on DeviantArt, there's a COE fanart group on there - would love to have another artist contributing! :)

8/11/2017 8:10:01 PM #28

Posted By Hellmoon at 1:40 PM - Fri Aug 11 2017

Thank you for the kind words! If you are on DeviantArt, there's a COE fanart group on there - would love to have another artist contributing! :)

Hey! Thanks for the info, I have already sent my request to the deviant group :)

8/11/2017 8:26:30 PM #29

Posted By Amlaith at 4:10 PM - Fri Aug 11 2017

Hey! Thanks for the info, I have already sent my request to the deviant group :)

Accepted, and WOW!! Lovely work :)

Just so you know, there is a community spotlight submission form too, where community members can request their work to be showcased by SbS. Here's the link to the thread!

8/11/2017 8:55:45 PM #30

Posted By Hellmoon at 3:26 PM - Fri Aug 11 2017

Posted By Amlaith at 4:10 PM - Fri Aug 11 2017

Accepted, and WOW!! Lovely work :)

Just so you know, there is a community spotlight submission form too, where community members can request their work to be showcased by SbS. Here's the link to the thread!

Yep, A few days ago I sent my art that way :) ... I wanted to upload my art also here in the forums so that all members could see it.