COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Quest: Find the Mydarri

I'm seeking out others on the NAE server, both individuals and organizations, that wish to develop seafaring ship technology.

My personal goal is to find the Mydarri so that I may play one. I have little interest in helping to develop the 8 launch tribes but I have a decent amount of EP as well as drive and am willing to put my resources and efforts towards getting one of the tribes out to sea (albeit begrudgingly) in order to complete my goal.

I hope to find others interested and driven to find the Mydarri so that I may aid them (or they me) towards this endeavor. Is anyone out there at all looking to find the Mydarri asap?

Edit: While I may be in it for the Mydarri, odds are we'll run into one or several of the other "lost tribes" in our search. So those of you seeking the other lost tribes are more than welcome to join in on this epic world spanning quest!

7/25/2017 2:11:05 PM #1

I've got some bad news for you. Unlike the other lost tribes, the Mydarri are probably not going to even exist for a long time. They said one of the reasons they aren't a launch tribe is because they have a lot of underwater swimming mechanics that won't make the release cut.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

7/25/2017 2:14:44 PM #2

Posted By Corin at 10:11 AM - Tue Jul 25 2017

I've got some bad news for you. Unlike the other lost tribes, the Mydarri are probably not going to even exist for a long time. They said one of the reasons they aren't a launch tribe is because they have a lot of underwater swimming mechanics that won't make the release cut.

Caspian also said more recently that all four "mssing" tribes are planned to be in at launch. He also said that we can find the Mydarri faster by developing ships ourselves and seeking them out.

7/25/2017 4:02:41 PM #3

All tribes will be in at launch, its just a matter of advancing the technology needed to go out and find them.

Of the 4 "lost tribes" honestly Mydarri are the most interesting to me, and to a good portion of our community. Yoru are cool (pun intended) and all, Owem we dont know enough about to really think they are that interesting (but lions... and elephants... and ... awesome biome!), and Erishe seem like an interesting playstyle... for an alt. (Please keep in mind these are just my opinions and arent intended to reflect on any other group or person in the least).

I can honestly see a huge amount of support being put towards finding the Mydarri and bringing them to the fold for those Maritime focused folks in the community. The Duchy of the High Seas has made it one of their primary goals in the game to find the Mydarri first and integrate as much as possible into their culture and playstyle. I would bet that they will have the full backing of our entire Kingdom in that endeavor.

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

7/25/2017 4:33:16 PM #4

What if ...... the Mydarri find us before we find them, One morning a little group of ships of unknown design exit the early day fog in front of the small port town of Copperbeach!

7/25/2017 4:49:23 PM #5

Finding the Mydarri may have unintended consequences... remember how the Native American population was devastated by European diseases. This may be especially bad because the Mydarri live in a biome where diseases are likely to proliferate.

Edit: Where did you get that image of the Mydarri?

7/25/2017 6:15:18 PM #6

Thanks for the support @Adam!

Posted By gutza1 at 12:49 PM - Tue Jul 25 2017

Finding the Mydarri may have unintended consequences... remember how the Native American population was devastated by European diseases. This may be especially bad because the Mydarri live in a biome where diseases are likely to proliferate.

Edit: Where did you get that image of the Mydarri?

The image was taken from Discord and the idea for the Milk Carton missing person's ad was Serpentius' idea.

7/25/2017 6:41:47 PM #7

The Brunel Shipwrights Company will always strive to make better ships. I really plan on trying to beat the 'Time to Ocean' that Caspian has stated. Any co-operation towards that will be beneficial to everyone needing Naval tech, be that searching for a lost tribe or trying to secure new trade routes.

Our Discord Server can be found here: https://discordapp.com/invite/ya9wcj9

7/25/2017 6:52:35 PM #8

Posted By PhillipIsambard at 2:41 PM - Tue Jul 25 2017

The Brunel Shipwrights Company will always strive to make better ships. I really plan on trying to beat the 'Time to Ocean' that Caspian has stated. Any co-operation towards that will be beneficial to everyone needing Naval tech, be that searching for a lost tribe or trying to secure new trade routes.

Our Discord Server can be found here: https://discordapp.com/invite/ya9wcj9

Thank you Brunel Shiprwrights for your support!

7/25/2017 10:41:47 PM #9

I made a male version of the OP pic

7/27/2017 11:06:54 AM #10

Kairos and the Duchy of Maritimus is interested in this venture, pending game mechanics. If there's no viable way to share technology advancement between Kingdoms in game then obviously we won't be able to participate other than letting it be known my Duchy will actively be seeking sea travel and the Mydarri as a high priority. Looking forward to see where this goes and where the other Kingdoms stand. I'm sure everyone would prefer to have the lost tribes found asap for their respective playerbases.

7/27/2017 5:09:44 PM #11

Thank you Flynnt for your and Kairos' support!

I'll be reaching back out to those offering support in the near future so we may meet and discuss this idea. As noted, research agreements may or may not be in game but there may be other ways for everyone to work together towards opening up the lost tribes for their player bases.

Thank you all for showing support and I hope we may come to at least a mutual respect for each other's efforts if not an outright agreement to work together!

8/2/2017 8:45:21 PM #12

Captain Seli and the town of Bastard's Bay are on board to find the Mydarri!

8/2/2017 9:00:36 PM #13

Lol Bastards Bay. I love it.

Ships do sound awesome, but permadeath at sea I think will keep me away. It'll also make pirates the most hated killers in the game.

But if the pirates have the best ships 😎👍🏻

House BloodBeard - Kill the boy, let the man be born

~~All Hail the Lord of Fire~~

8/2/2017 9:52:05 PM #14

Posted By CaptainSeli at 3:45 PM - Wed Aug 02 2017

Captain Seli and the town of Bastard's Bay are on board to find the Mydarri!

hahahahaha love the name Bastard's Bay :) :)

8/3/2017 5:02:04 PM #15

Captain Seli and Bastard's Bay are a part of The Arbor, who are a part of The Duchy of The High Seas, and we have made it our number 1 priority to discover open ocean travels and locating the Mydarri.