COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Layaway question

Hello everyone. I'm thinking of taking advantage of the layaway system to buy a package above what I had initially planned, but I was wondering if there's really any advantage to using this system over buying a cheaper package and upgrading it later.

Specifically, if I use layaway do I get the new border and the right to change my forum avatar now or just when the package is fully paid? And when are the exposition points credited (since they are a requirement to participate in some activities)? I'm thinking I will probably only get them after the package is fully paid, so it would be better just to buy a cheaper package for now, but I wanted to be sure.

Make decisions based on what you want, not what you want to avoid.

10/28/2017 5:25:54 PM #1

That I know of it is once it is paid off, such as right now I am a mayor and rank 7 but I have Count on layaway and not yet paid off so it will not change till I pay it off

10/28/2017 5:29:24 PM #2

Hello, HeadUpHigh.

There is an advantage to putting a package on layaway now, as it will lock the package at its current price and all you will need to do is pay ten percent increments for the minimum. You have until May 2018 to fully pay off your pledge (if you don't it will be converted to Store Credit), plenty of time at your leisure to complete it.

On November 8th, prices will increase on the following pledges below:
* Elyrian increases by $5 (from $40 to $45)
* Pioneer increases by $5 (from $70 to $75)
* Founder increases by $5 (from $100 to $105)
* Bloodline increases by $10 (from $125 to $135)
* Settler increases by $10 (from $175 to $185)
* Proprietor increases by $10 (from $225 to $235)
* Mayor increases by $50 (from $250 to $300)
* Magistrate increases by $50 (from $500 to $550)
* Governor increases by $50 (from $750 to $800)
The Courtier, Royal, and Monarch packages will not be changing in price since they will be retired at the end of November. [Source]

Pledges do not fully count until you finished paying it off, but as you made payments your forum border will upgrade as you do along with being able to use an avatar. Exposition Points are credited if you have a Bloodline+ account, pledges below it do not count as they don't have access to Exposition to use the points.

10/28/2017 5:40:19 PM #3

Thanks so much for the replies guys :)

Make decisions based on what you want, not what you want to avoid.

11/3/2017 11:22:35 PM #4

Good nigth guys, I have a question about layaway too. Can I get a 70$ layaway and then downgrade to the 40$ Pledge? or get a 40$ layaway and later upgrade it to 70$ (or any other)? I mean if the price is locked for our choosed Pledge or for all Pledges in the current price.

Thanks!

Hey =)

11/4/2017 12:16:27 AM #5

Posted By jerys at 6:22 PM - Fri Nov 03 2017

Good nigth guys, I have a question about layaway too. Can I get a 70$ layaway and then downgrade to the 40$ Pledge? or get a 40$ layaway and later upgrade it to 70$ (or any other)? I mean if the price is locked for our choosed Pledge or for all Pledges in the current price.

Thanks!

The latter is what you want, but prices for the Adventurer-Aristocracy packages will increase on the 8th as I stated in the post above.

Once you lock a package to layaway, it's fixed to the price on all packages. Less if you choose to upgrade to the next tier above it, then you will pay the remainder. There are no downgrades unless you cancel it, which will take what you put down into Store Credit to put on to whatever package you want next.

11/5/2017 1:48:42 AM #6

Posted By Xeyska at 01:16 AM - Sat Nov 04 2017

Posted By jerys at 6:22 PM - Fri Nov 03 2017

Thanks!

The latter is what you want, but prices for the Adventurer-Aristocracy packages will increase on the 8th as I stated in the post above.

Once you lock a package to layaway, it's fixed to the price on all packages. Less if you choose to upgrade to the next tier above it, then you will pay the remainder. There are no downgrades unless you cancel it, which will take what you put down into Store Credit to put on to whatever package you want next.

Thanks for your response =) So we can get a cheap Pledge and upgrade later to actual price after the increase, but not downgrade? I finally get the 70$ Pledge in layaway mode. Thanks so much ^^

See you arround!

Hey =)

11/5/2017 2:04:11 AM #7

i have a question, i want to buy the package for $225, but what im wondering is, if i use the lawawy option can i still play the game while i make payments? or do i have to wait til its all paid off to get everything/play early access

11/5/2017 2:22:33 AM #8

Posted By IglooGirl at 7:04 PM - Sat Nov 04 2017

i have a question, i want to buy the package for $225, but what im wondering is, if i use the lawawy option can i still play the game while i make payments? or do i have to wait til its all paid off to get everything/play early access

You'll have to pay it off before you can use it. However, you still have plenty of time before the game comes out to pay it off.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

11/5/2017 2:33:12 AM #9

Posted By Shady Clown at 10:22 PM - Sat Nov 04 2017

Posted By IglooGirl at 7:04 PM - Sat Nov 04 2017

You'll have to pay it off before you can use it. However, you still have plenty of time before the game comes out to pay it off.

thanks !