COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Guilds, Barons, and Counts; Who are you looking forward to?

Hey all, I've been quite the quiet lurker in the community for a bit now.

I'm curious to hear from the community about what guilds/barons/counts you're looking forward to seeing the most in game. We obviously talk quite a bit about the Kings and Dukes we'll be seeing, but what about the little guys(in comparison to dukes/kings)?

What are some of the player individuals/circles/bodies that have caught your attention? e.g. "I love the BronzeKnight just because!" - BronzeKnight

What are some of the features/characteristics that drew your attention to them and why? e.g. "A deep pvp focus" or even "great roleplay storyline"

Is there anything you think the server-wide community could use more of? e.g. "We need more blacksmith guilds!"

3/7/2018 10:46:44 AM #1

I'm looking forward to all the deviant guilds and seeing how long they last and how well they perform. I'm sure the nobility will have their own personal spies and whatnot, but a large and successful thieves guild that the authority struggles against or can't do anything against would be cool. It's hard to count how many fantasy worlds I've read about that had thieves guilds in/under the larger cities. They're always the more interesting of the guilds too. I mean, mage guilds are cool, but it's different. Fighters guilds are.... simple and bland.

The thieves guilds in the elder scrolls games are a solid example. With the identity system in CoE it's quite possible to have a "Gray Fox".

3/8/2018 2:47:29 AM #2

Honestly, I can't wait to get my Dojo started

Count of Toxai

3/11/2018 10:17:50 PM #3

Deviant guilds will be interesting no doubt. I could see multiple thieves guilds sprouting up across each kingdom, maybe stamped out overtime by the hand of some mighty nobles. I'm almost certain though that there'll always be something of the sort around; but who will be running it?

And a dojo seems like good fun! I'm sure it'll be good for business and renown of your character.

3/15/2018 1:32:25 AM #4

I'm really curious to see if player ran banks/financial institutions become a thing. If the contract system is complex enough they might be able to avoid some of the pitfalls other sandbox games have had in that area.

3/15/2018 10:59:06 PM #5

I love the asymmetry of the tribes and can't wait to see how they all interact with the world in their own unique way. Also looking forward to the mechanisms of the justice and gossip systems. Ultimately though, I'd love to see a group move into my county that wants to make their own player dungeon, because..yeah... its a player dungeon and we must destroy the raid boss named Mad Bob at the end.

3/16/2018 12:22:26 AM #6

Posted By Bradtastic at 9:47 PM - Wed Mar 07 2018

Honestly, I can't wait to get my Dojo started

Did you ever acquire one of those fighting style designs? :D

3/16/2018 12:23:57 AM #7

Posted By TheConcierge at 9:32 PM - Wed Mar 14 2018

I'm really curious to see if player ran banks/financial institutions become a thing. If the contract system is complex enough they might be able to avoid some of the pitfalls other sandbox games have had in that area.

Same man, same, that came up last night at length in relation to currency, so we're incredibly curious about how the heck banks/vault/mint buildings might work and the process for currency creation.

3/21/2018 10:47:10 AM #8

Posted By BronzeKnight at

Is there anything you think the server-wide community could use more of? e.g. "We need more blacksmith guilds!"

What are you crazy, Blacksmiths is the most OVER saturated profession right now. Crafting for non-combat gear is what's lacking like textiles, leather, carpentry etc. I expect that were all going to be barefoot due to a lack of Cobblers.

So that's my vote MORE COBBLERS!

Seneschal for the Hrothi County of Iskar, Recruiter for the Duchy of Aritaur

https://discord.gg/qRQ3Zj6

3/21/2018 11:36:27 AM #9

Honestly I would love to see how the Church of Thearyn pans out!

In terms of Counties, it's the more obscure ones that I would love to see, such as Yeneros Panda County in Thearyn :D

3/21/2018 12:59:06 PM #10

As a mayor my plans might change atm I'm going with being like a workers town/city with blacksmith/miners/jewellers so there has to be a tavern plus many more things that I haven't thought of yet but as I said things can change.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

3/21/2018 1:48:05 PM #11

I'm looking forward to seeing myself in game....

(give me the game)

3/21/2018 2:00:15 PM #12

One aspect I'm really excited about is the whole "Great Discoveries" thing.

I mean travelling between settlements/counties will be quite adventourous in CoE, but now try to picture the trip when it will comes to find brand new lands and tribes. Raising the money, supplies and menn power to do so ; then crossing foreign oceans (with all the dangers that such a journey implies) with nothing but hope to find what no other player as ever seen/met before.

The thrills, the excitement, the survival... Just can't wait to watch all that happening and - hopefully - be a part of it.

3/21/2018 2:12:11 PM #13

The main feature of CoE I'm looking forward to is law/justice system. Every mmo I've played that tried to have a justice system seem to come up short of what I've actually wanted. The systems were more or less "gank the ganker". Being on the wrong side of the law was objective more fun to me even though it wasn't my first choice. I'm hoping CoE's justice system works out.

Also, I'm somewhat excited to play a game that has a community interacts with itself again. If anyone has play WoW(World of Warcraft) the cata expansion is the last time I've felt like I needed a guild or wanted to be a part of a bigger community. I've been in guilds after that but it felt more like a raiding friend's list. No one needed each other until it was raid night. From what I've seen so far CoE may be different.

3/21/2018 8:01:52 PM #14

I second what Deftly said about the justice system, but I'm intrigued to experience it from the criminal side. I'd love a more balanced and interesting criminal aspect to a game besides "gank and take their stuff".

As I said before I'm also super pumped about the contract system in general, but I'm also hoping it plays into the legal system in interesting ways. I was sorely let down by other games in this area and I'm hoping CoE's implementation will create a lot of interesting game-play possibilities and interactions between players.

3/21/2018 9:26:28 PM #15

I'm excited to see how we combat attacks within the Dance of Dynasties...We were told you can start a rumor but will there be a system to counter that? Do you just need to earn more rep back from the npcs, can we prove that the rumor is false, could you trace back the rumor to the source to discredit that person? As much as I like to fight I know there will be some problems you can't just punch away. Can't wait to see exactly how they build the system out.