COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Map G and why it should be avoided.

Now, I know what your thinking. Why among all the 20 maps is one in particular worse than the others? It doesn't even look that bad with the inlet and interesting coastal patterns. The Terrible Map G

But look deeper and see the truth. Over 40% of the Map is Toresk or Dras Territory. Their marshlands,wetlands, and swamps would make up a significant portion of the continent. Now, I understand that some may enjoy the damp dreary atmosphere of the wetlands, but to dedicate such a large proportion?

When looking at forest proper (Rain,Alpine,Broadleaf,Mixed) the continent has less than half as much (17%) of the wetlands.

Now this would all be ok. If it weren't for what it does to the Faedan tribes. The strong independent Janoa have a paltry 4% of the landmass. The resilient tribal brudvir have a mere 3% of the landmass. The kypiq...the poor resourceful kypiq have 1%, the lowest across any tribe across any map. Map G relegates less than 10% of the Map (by area) to the Faeden.

10/23/2018 6:23:02 PM #1

MOIST.

I agree, that nice looking bay would also be controlled exclusively by the Neran and Waerd. In addition, Kingdom 4 takes up about a third of the map.

NA-W, Governor of Ogralyn

10/23/2018 6:27:03 PM #2

Just imagine if a two kingdom group were to select 4 and 5 on that map.

10/23/2018 6:47:25 PM #3

Not to mention the fact that it's one of the maps with the minimum number of different kingdom borders. Each kingdom borders, at the most, two kingdoms. Contrast that to a map like J, K, or L with multiple kingdoms bordering multiple kingdoms. The international politics of the game get a whole lot more interesting when you have more variance in affairs.

11/6/2018 4:55:50 PM #4

Due to Map G somehow making it to the top 5, I think it is once again worth reiterating: G is a terrible, no good, very bad map.

11/6/2018 5:44:53 PM #5

Horrible map is fluke. Has no chance. ::thumbsup::

Thanks for the reiteration!

Imgur

11/6/2018 8:20:40 PM #6

it's only bad if you're not neran or waerd or dras or torusk

11/7/2018 4:40:50 AM #7

This really should be on an Angelica forum. It's either a pointless or subversive discussion for anyone else.

11/7/2018 4:55:10 AM #8

Moved to Angelica General, now that we are in round 2 this is no longer community wide discussion per say.

11/10/2018 5:37:26 AM #9

Posted By silentechoes13 at 12:23 PM - Tue Oct 23 2018

MOIST.

nods

All the way from Cornwall to the Orkney's