COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Map voting - Economic Analysis

Economic Analysis

In Corllabration of ROARER and ARKKIN, I will do an economic related analysis with two different aspects. Trading power and Biome traders will cross. There is still a lack of information about sea trading and therefore, I won't touch on it until further information is given.

TRADING POWER

In Eylria, trading is an important activity. There are two types of trading we currently known, which are land trading and sea trading. We will not look at sea trading for now as we don’t know where we can actually dock, or build a ship. The coastline didn’t tell us if it is a cliff or a beach. Therefore, land trading will be the focus on the following paragraphs. When looking for maps that can do multiple land trading with other Kingdoms but with Kingdom 3 and 4 hold the power of south and north trading, the following maps are similar: Map A, B, D, E, F, I, O, Q, R and S

The following maps have kingdom 3 blocking the south and north land trading, which give them the most land trading power: Map J, L, N

The following maps have kingdom 4 blocking the south and north land trading, which give them the most land trading power: Map K, M, P

The following maps have a single kingdom on each side (stack on each other), which give each kingdom the same power for land trading: map C, G, H, T

To start with Kingdom 1, an Alpine forest and Taiga domain area, Trader are mostly exporting woods related stuff out and importing others resources into the kingdom. For Kingdom 1 in map A, B, D, E, F, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, Q, R and S has the two kingdoms lay next to it, which gives kingdom 1 traders one more option to interact with the outside world. For map C, G, H and P, Kingdom 1 has only one kingdom (kingdom2) next to their border, which gives kingdom 2 a high advantage of controlling what resources go into kingdom 1 by land. Lastly, for map T, where kingdom 1 is southerner than kingdom 2 and blocking kingdom 2 from the outside world. In most of the case, Kingdom 1 needs to be friendly with kingdom 2 and 3 to survive on the trading table. Only on map T, kingdom 1 has the control power on top of kingdom 2 trading route. Map T will be the most favorable to Kingdom 1.

We now move to kingdom 2, where a lot of rocks can be find. Kingdom 2 should be exporting rocks, doing mining businesses and therefore, maybe into the jewels businesses as well. Compare to kingdom 1, Kingdom 2 has a little bit more freedom to trade but mostly with kingdom 1 and 3. Kingdom 2 is in between kingdom 1 and 3 in all maps expect map M and P. In these two maps, kingdom 2 also have kingdom 4 touching their border. These two maps give kingdom 2 more air to breath when they have to bargain with kingdom 1 and 3. However, Kingdom 2 is still consider on a weaker side on bargaining power. In map T, Kingdom 2 come to the worst scenario where it can only does trade to the outside world by passing Kingdom 1. Therefore in map T, kingdom 2 has an even weaker bargaining power (unless they destroyed kingdom 1).

Going further south, we come to kingdom 3, the northern trade hub. This is a kingdom that usually controlling the south and north passage. It is also a kingdom with land field and forest. This give kingdom 3 advantage to grow multiple plants, woods, and a diversity of animals. Letting them to have a rich resourceful kingdom. In map J, L, N, kingdom 3 gets fully control of the passage of south and north. Kingdom 3 in these three maps will have a heavier bargain power that other kingdoms because of that reason. In map A, B, D, E, F, I, O, Q, R and S, kingdom 3 share the control power of the passage with kingdom 4. The two kingdoms will have the equal bargain power on the table. In some cases, kingdom 3 border will be touching Kingdom 4 and 5 on its south side, such as map B, J, L and N. In these maps, kingdom 3 can easily trade with others and get the resources they needed. Combining with the blockage of south and north on map L and N, these two maps favor kingdom 3 the most.

Then we are in the southern trade hub, Kingdom 4. It has four biome in it, which gives kingdom 4 an opportunity to have more resources compare to kingdom 3. However, remember one of those biome is the semi-arid desert, which mostly contain sand. Kingdom 4 should be producing a mix of the north and south resources, as this kingdom has a dry and wet mixed biome together. This kingdom share the control power of south and north trading passage as mentioned above. But in map K, M and P, it has fully control of the passage. In these three maps, Kingdom 4 can domain the trading route easily. Sometime kingdom 4 gets the Grassland in exchange of the Shrub Steppe as one of its biome, such as map P, R and S. With the grassland on kingdom 4, it gives kingdom 4 a large land field to play with. Combining with the control power of the trading passage, Map P will be the most favorable map for kingdom 4.

Further in the south will be Kingdom 5, a place with woodland savanna and swamp. Kingdom 5 mostly connected with kingdom 4 and 6, sometimes touches kingdom 3 such as maps B, J, L, and N. This kingdom is full of wet soil and woody plants. Then it has ether Shrub Steppe or Grassland. Kingdom 5 can have large land field with the grassland which can provide a nice crops grow. Otherwise, it can have the dried grassland which might still give them animals to hunt. This kingdom should be gaining its own trading power by being friendly to kingdom 6. As half of Kingdom 6 has a strong military power and is not very into trading businesses.

In the most southern part of the map, Kingdom 6. A mix of tropical wetland and rainforest. They have the less bargain power on trading compare to other kingdoms. They are stuck at the very bottom of the map and connecting to the similar wet land of kingdom 5 and kingdom 4. Since kingdom 5 has a similar biome, more resource trading should be happening with kingdom 4. But not all the maps let kingdom 6 connect to kingdom 4; for those maps, kingdom 6 has to pass through kingdom 5 to other kingdoms. That will make kingdom 6 bargaining power even lower.

Finally, I want to mention maps C, G, H and T. These four maps have a unique kingdoms layout where every kingdom connect to only two kingdoms, one on the north and one on the south. Kingdom 2 and 6 are only connect to Kingdom 1 and 5 respectively. These four maps let each kingdoms control each other, where their bargaining power will be the same.

BIOME TRADE ROUTE NEED TO CROSS

Each kingdom has to pass through different biome to reach and interact with the outside world. In this section, we will discuss what biome each tribe will encounter and what difficulty they might encounter. But due to the lack of information, there is not much to discover on the current point.

First of all, kingdom 1 has to pass through the mountain steppe or Lower montane area in the most cases. These area shouldn’t be hard for the Hrothi or Brudvir as they are good in the mountain. But when they go further away into the forests or grassland, they should be aware of the climate changes such as weather, temperature and even food culture. If they want to go even further to the south which might need to pass the semi-arid desert, they should bring LOTS of water as they are used to the cool weather up in the mountain.

For kingdom 2, a kingdom of Neran and Hrothi. Since Neran is known as the trade of all Jack, they should be doing nice ether going to the north (High Mountain) or the south (wet lands and tropical rainforest). However, they might need to prepare guide when going into the mountain passage as it will be quite easy to get lost. On the other hand, going to the south should be easier for them, as the south contain more grassland, shrub land and woodland savanna. These are all Neran’s best area to travel. Even in the wet lands or desert, they will need less preparation then others tribe. For the Hrothi, it can refers to what is in kingdom 1.

In Kingdom 3, there are a mix of Kypiq, Neran and Waerd. Kypiq, an interesting tribe that live in the forest. They are good in the forest but they should beware about the temperature change when they head north or south. Also they should be hard to survive in the desert as they eat only vegetables. That will limited them to travel to further south in some maps. The Waerd is a tribe who can stand dry air with hotter or cooler weather. They should beware if they are trying to travel south as there are many wet lands.

Within kingdom 4, there are two other tribes: the Dras and the To’resk. The Dras is effect on survival in term of food as they can pretty much eat anything (even junks). It should be easy to go south for them as those are wet lands and swamps related biome. But they can’t stand for the hot sun, which will be a problem when traveling into the desert or shrub land. It should be difficult for them if they plan to go into the mountain in the north because they have to pass through a dryer and hot land before they reach the mountains. The To’resk is somewhat similar to the Dras as they have strong resistance to water. But they are strong to sun burn as well. Moreover, their food culture is more similar to the Neran. Remember to stay wet if you are To’resk. They need a high level of moisture to stay healthy and active. Therefore, going into the desert or shrub lands will be harsh for them as well.

Moving into kingdom 5, all three tribes have been mentioned in previous paragraphs. Therefore, refer to those should be fine.

Lastly, the Janoa in kingdom 6, a tribe that stays in the jungle. This is not a tribe for trade but there are a few things they should beware of when they try to travel to the outer world. They are used to the moist condition in the jungle, therefore they should be prepare if they are going into the desert and shrub lands.

11/5/2018 3:25:26 AM #1

I gave you a +1 for effort.

11/5/2018 3:34:03 AM #2

Posts like this make me reflect on all of my own long posts.

It is probably all good info, but when it isn't broken up all nice and pretty I just can't bring myself to wade through it all.

+1 for being guilty of the same crimes as me!

11/5/2018 6:15:01 AM #3

Very well thought out with lots of good reasoning behind it. +1 Feel free to message me if you would like to get into even more theory crafting.